The enigma which is Oliver Burke - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The enigma which is Oliver Burke

The_Dark_Knight

Apparently he's wiped off all photographs of West Brom from his Instagram account (I'm not 100% sure what Instagram is as I'm not a 12 year old girl. But even when I was a 12 year old girl I probably still wouldn't have been on Instagram, or Social Media in general) and just left Celtic and Scotland pics/video(?).

This coming after a couple days since Bilic lavished praise on Burke and said that he's going to be a main figure for WBA this season.

Strange.

All I want is for him to get a season's worth of first team matches this season. WBA play tomorrow, so we'll see what the situation is soon enough.

Also, in this day and age where we're suspicious whether or not players really care about playing for Scotland, I noticed that Burke's main photograph on Instagram is of him in action for Scotland. Say what you want about the lad (and I'm sure there'll be a few derogatory comments about him in this thread), but it's obvious that he loves representing Scotland.

37 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

you just equated the "lad" to a 12 year old girl due to his use of Instagram. and then considered your thread is likely to generate some criticism of said lad. brilliant. 

Instagram has 800 million users. So I've insulted 800 million people.

I didn't insult any of their footballing abilities. 

Maybe you should read the post before trying to win cheap points. Brilliant.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Apparently he's wiped off all photographs of West Brom from his Instagram account (I'm not 100% sure what Instagram is as I'm not a 12 year old girl. But even when I was a 12 year old girl I probably still wouldn't have been on Instagram, or Social Media in general) and just left Celtic and Scotland pics/video(?).

You're a woman, I always visualised you as Peter Grant.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

A very simple one if you saw that in any way insulting

I assumed all the post was an insult.

Not sure how Peter Grant was an insult, either.

If you retract it and say that you weren't being insulting then that would render it to a very bizarre post.

You're in a lose/lose situation.

Looked like he had the world at his feet when he went to Germany but never really kicked on.

He looked like a man playing against boys the times I saw him play for Scotland U21's. Fantastic power and pace. He needs games at the top level though because he still looks raw a lot of the time. Potentially a massive asset if he can develop.

1 hour ago, Scozzie said:

Looked like he had the world at his feet when he went to Germany but never really kicked on.

He looked like a man playing against boys the times I saw him play for Scotland U21's. Fantastic power and pace. He needs games at the top level though because he still looks raw a lot of the time. Potentially a massive asset if he can develop.

Leipzig should've loaned him back to Forest for a season when they bought him, it would've been great for all parties.

McBurnie was bought for £20m. If he had Burke's pace and power he would've cost £50m.

18 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Say what you want about the lad (and I'm sure there'll be a few derogatory comments about him in this thread), but it's obvious that he loves representing Scotland.

17 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Instagram has 800 million users. So I've insulted 800 million people.

I didn't insult any of their footballing abilities. 

Maybe you should read the post before trying to win cheap points. Brilliant.

so when you write "say what you want" what you really mean is say what you want in relation to his footballing ability. Gotcha. 

you were clearer when you mentioned 3-5-2 in every post. 

45 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I used to stick up for you when you posted as Chipper as I thought you got a bit of a hard time from some of the usual arseholes but that Instagram comment just tells me that you're a sad act that wanted to make this thread all about you rather than Oliver Burke

Hes still a better poster than you...................... ..😉😜👍🏻

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I used to stick up for you when you posted as Chipper as I thought you got a bit of a hard time from some of the usual arseholes but that Instagram comment just tells me that you're a sad act that wanted to make this thread all about you rather than Oliver Burke

Actually, the crux of the thread was to praise him for openly showing his pride for representing Scotland. And let's face it, not every player does.

The social media dig was more of a sub-plot that was pretty much an after-thought.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Actually, the crux of the thread was to praise him for openly showing his pride for representing Scotland. And let's face it, not every player does.

The social media dig was more of a sub-plot that was pretty much an after-thought.

Fair enough. 

His pace is definitely an asset but needs to develop some form of first touch if he's ever going to have a successful career

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Fair enough. 

His pace is definitely an asset but needs to develop some form of first touch if he's ever going to have a successful career

One of my hopes this season is I want him to get 30/40 matches under his belt. I don't even care which league, the most important thing is that he's playing.

He's on the bench against Nottingham Forest.

27 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

After WBA having a (bizarre) pop at Celtic for not playing him. 

I don't think the issue was that Celtic weren't playing him. If you read the comments again they were incredible vague, almost sinister.

No one (apart from WBA, Celtic and Burke) really knows what the issue was.

If I remember correctly WBA complained that Burke was treated badly ever since Lennon was manager, I don't think it has to do with playing time. Maybe Burke was forced to train with the kids, maybe he was humiliated by Lennon in front of the other first team players in some way, etc. I don't know.

For his physical stature Burke is awfully mild mannered so I doubt that he'd make a stink then and there.... as opposed to someone like Duncan Ferguson who would've seen to it that Lennon would've been eating his meals through a straw for a month.