The Ashes - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Ashes

EddardStark

Tremendous days play that. Sidsle and Lyons did really well but Smith was incredible. He is going to have to be as the rest of them, barring Warner, won't make big runs. 

Some howlers from the umpires but then if the Aussies used their reviews properly then it might look a bit bitter. The first hour tomorrow night be a bit tasty. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, Farcity said:

Tremendous days play that. Sidsle and Lyons did really well but Smith was incredible. He is going to have to be as the rest of them, barring Warner, won't make big runs. 

Some howlers from the umpires but then if the Aussies used their reviews properly then it might look a bit bitter. The first hour tomorrow night be a bit tasty. 

Another poor day for the Umpires. It was blatantly obvious that Warner has hit the ball with with bat. Game is in the balance now. First session is probably going to decide the fate of the match. 

Shouldn't this be on the English message board? I know we all love to see England getting pumped at anything but fkin cricket!? come on ffs... morris dancin wi a baw... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sickening blow that Smith took yesterday. Half an inch away from doing terrible damage. For a match that has lost nearly 5 sessions there is a still a lot to play for in the last day. First session today is absolutely crucial. I don't fancy Australia chasing 150 on this pitch and with Archer bowling at 95mph.

A ridiculous declaration by England, they just cost themselves a chance of the win, far too conservative as there was no way Australia were ever going to even consider chasing that. If Australia were in that position they'd have given them a look at it and encouraged them to play a few shots. 

Just no answer to Archer however there are good few Australian batsmen who are just not good enough. Smiths injury at least means his stand in how secured his place in the 4th test at Old Trafford. So with Labuschagne, Smith and Labuschagne they have decent top order. Their middle order is poor though. Australia bowlers need to be on the money in the morning. 

The booing of the Smith and co is really tiresome.

17 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Just no answer to Archer however there are good few Australian batsmen who are just not good enough. Smiths injury at least means his stand in has secured his place in the 4th test at Old Trafford. So with Warner, Smith and Labuschagne they have decent top order. Their middle order is poor though. Australia bowlers need to be on the money in the morning. 

Few typos my earlier post. 

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

I think you know why

When you know you have edged a ball and you don't walk, that's cheating. Should they miss out too? Wicketkeepers appealing when they know there isn't an edge, that's cheating too isn't it? 

22 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Just no answer to Archer however there are good few Australian batsmen who are just not good enough. Smiths injury at least means his stand in how secured his place in the 4th test at Old Trafford. So with Labuschagne, Smith and Labuschagne they have decent top order. Their middle order is poor though. Australia bowlers need to be on the money in the morning. 

21 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Few typos my earlier post. 

I’d say typos were the least of your worries about that post.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

You cant help but feel this detracts from their recent world cup win.

Ohhh no it is a totally different format... but 67 would have been embarrassing in every format! 

They've obviously not learned from being skittled for 85 in their first innings against Ireland.

Biggest surprise for me is the wifebeater doesn't appear to have suggested Steve Smith is soft for missing out due to concussion.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

76 off the last wicket to win it for England,  incredible stuff!

Not really a big cricket fan but watched the last couple of hours absolutely gripped.  When it went down to the final wicket, Stokes just seemed to go "fuck it, I'm going for it".   If you're any kind of sport fan you can't fail to appreciate his performance.  

• 2 weeks later...