Liverpool v Napoli - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, Farcity said:

And in our case our rancid authorities even allowed the cancellation of League fixtures to allow it to happen. That's a real disgrace. 

Ocht away and bile yer heids.  Clubs need to make income.  Just because you don't see it as 'real' football.  Well done to any club that has commercial enterprise.  We don't live in a planned economy.  I stopped going to friendlies a long time ago.  But wouldn't criticise others that want to.  Calling people rancid is not nice.

Surely folk paying £67 to watch a glamour friendly between 2 foreign teams is part of the problem though?

Or should we just all agree Scottish football is shite, pull down the shutters and support Real Madrid or Man United?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Did hearts and celtic not sell out the semi final last season?

It would’ve been close, but the segregation would’ve knocked a few hundred off capacity. There was no segregation yesterday apparently. 

59 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Surely folk paying £67 to watch a glamour friendly between 2 foreign teams is part of the problem though?

Or should we just all agree Scottish football is shite, pull down the shutters and support Real Madrid or Man United?

Just because u didn't want to go does not mean 67000 others are. Pollock could attract a bigger crowd than motherwell. On occasion. Why are u whining about a game of football in Scotland btw?

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd be willing to bet that many of those in attendance at Murrayfield will be the same sort of people who comment on the sfa facebook about the ticket prices being too high for the qualifiers.

7 hours ago, dan cake said:

Got called a hun c.unt for not singing "You'll never walk alone" from some charmer in a celtic top

greatest fans in the world apparently 

haha, come on you, this is a poor attempt.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why would you go to Liverpool v Napoli game in a Celtic top?  I wouldn't dream of that, not even in a Scotland top.  Beggars belief.

I wouldn't go to a Celtic game in a Celtic top.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:20 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

Just because u didn't want to go does not mean 67000 others are. Pollock could attract a bigger crowd than motherwell. On occasion. Why are u whining about a game of football in Scotland btw?

I wasn’t whining about it.

Just got a bit hacked off at the attitude to our own football.

My boy is a bit young for a game like that, and to be honest, I’d probably rather take him to a meaningful game if he really wanted to see Liverpool, but I completely get why folk would go.

For me, it’s the fact it’s a friendly that turns me off. I hate friendlies! BetFred cup groups are a god send if you’re not in Europe.

Made my 1st visit to to the C&G systems stadium (Dumbarton)last week. 😂