Liverpool v Napoli - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 minutes ago, Alan said:

A pre season friendly with 2 teams who have no connection to Edinburgh with 67000 fan boys turning up with popcorn and foam fingers.  It's tragic but modern football culture.

It is - not all 67,000 will be from Edinburgh, but you wouldn't see half that turnout for a Hearts or Hibs league game (Hearts proved this during their stint at Murrayfield).

3 hours ago, Alan said:

A pre season friendly with 2 teams who have no connection to Edinburgh with 67000 fan boys turning up with popcorn and foam fingers.  It's tragic but modern football culture.

£28 for the cheapest ticket a’naw. The wee man wanted to go to see Napoli’s Polish striker (Milik) but I’m no taking him for the reasons you stated. 

Liverpool’s twitter has said 

“Roberto Firmino, @Alissonbecker and @MoSalah will report for #LFCPreSeason training on Monday”

So your star mans not even going to be there. It’s a glorified training session with no doubt around 40 players taking the field while not even attempting to tackle. Cheapest tickets left were £67 when I checked a week or so ago. Ram that right up yer Damian Duff

Twentys Plenty

Saw a thing on my Twitter feed last night about this. There is an article in The Scotsman saying how this is bad for Scottish Football. Didn't read the article as on the whole I think that publication is pony but it may be an interesting piece. Sure the journalist is Alan Patulo (sorry for spelling). I guess a search would find the article, it did draw some fierce responses on Twitter.

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Saw a thing on my Twitter feed last night about this. There is an article in The Scotsman saying how this is bad for Scottish Football. Didn't read the article as on the whole I think that publication is pony but it may be an interesting piece. Sure the journalist is Alan Patulo (sorry for spelling). I guess a search would find the article, it did draw some fierce responses on Twitter.

I'd agree it's bad for our game but I think the ship has sailed in scotland. The way are game is promoted it's hardly surprising kids and adults turn to the EPL instead.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd agree it's bad for our game but I think the ship has sailed in scotland. The way are game is promoted it's hardly surprising kids and adults turn to the EPL instead.

Agree with this. Was thinking on it earlier. There is an appetite for football here, as the crowd heading to Murrayfield today proves. It won't, but wouldn't it be good if this acted as a catalyst for those in charge to freshen things up in Scottish football a bit.

6 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Agree with this. Was thinking on it earlier. There is an appetite for football here, as the crowd heading to Murrayfield today proves. It won't, but wouldn't it be good if this acted as a catalyst for those in charge to freshen things up in Scottish football a bit.

Nah, in true scottish style the game will plod along with the think that the old firm is all that matters, without it we would be lost 🙄. Its about like the attachtment just over half the country has to the union. 

Only in Scotland would people moan about seeing the champions of Europe playing another top European side, with many great footballers on display.

Lets cut the crap. From the first day of the season, to the last, in all four domestic leagues in Scotland, up and down the country you don't see football. You see kick-and-rush, you see running as much as you can, you see launching the ball up the field at the earliest opportunity, you see lack of basic skill and talent. 

The aforementioned is not real football, not in my book. The vast majority of football fans in Scotland don't see actual football being played to a high standard, in the flesh, so let them enjoy this 90 minutes. As the rest of the year they'll be seeing players that can't pass, tackle, control, trap the ball, shoot, create, etc.

38 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Only in Scotland would people moan about seeing the champions of Europe playing another top European side, with many great footballers on display.

Lets cut the crap. From the first day of the season, to the last, in all four domestic leagues in Scotland, up and down the country you don't see football. You see kick-and-rush, you see running as much as you can, you see launching the ball up the field at the earliest opportunity, you see lack of basic skill and talent. 

The aforementioned is not real football, not in my book. The vast majority of football fans in Scotland don't see actual football being played to a high standard, in the flesh, so let them enjoy this 90 minutes. As the rest of the year they'll be seeing players that can't pass, tackle, control, trap the ball, shoot, create, etc.

Before moving I watched mostly Aberdeen, scotland and probably more highland league matches. I enjoyed that more than any CL or Epl game ever. It's also not always the kick and rush hump it up the park you describe. There can sometimes be good football on offer at all levels

All you get from today is a glimpse of these players in the flesh, they wont be at their best and the game will likely be shite.

Let's cut what crap? Nobody on here disagrees that Scottish football isn't the greatest quality. I've no doubt the players on display have more talent than most but I'd still watch a highland league or scottish football match before that match at murrayfield.

Actual football? What the fuck does that even mean? Football is football, it can be enjoyed at any level. Even the so called best football can be boring to watch.

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Seen a lot of families and grown men in Glasgow earlier wearing murderers tops, all things considered I'm glad their day has been ruined by the pride of Southern Italy.

Before I go for my Glenlivet.  Who are the people in murderers tops?  Genuine question.  Don't follow English or Italian football.