Inverness CT - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Apparently had an application to have a colts team entered into the highland league to replace cove rangers rejected. 

So they’ve loaned notorious strugglers Fort William 9 players. 

Have they ripped the heart out of a small team, or have they shown great initiative?

Can’t see the locals being very happy at all. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Apparently had an application to have a colts team entered into the highland league to replace cove rangers rejected. 

So they’ve loaned notorious strugglers Fort William 9 players. 

Have they ripped the heart out of a small team, or have they shown great initiative?

Can’t see the locals being very happy at all. 

A bit of both. Fort William desperately need better players, as long as they keep some locals in the team they should be fine.

On a side note, you can bet there'll be plenty moaning from fans of other clubs but this isn't much worse than the likes of brora, formartine and cove spending big bucks to get to the top.

Brora in particular were almost as shite as fort until they found a sugar daddy

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A bit of both. Fort William desperately need better players, as long as they keep some locals in the team they should be fine.

On a side note, you can bet there'll be plenty moaning from fans of other clubs but this isn't much worse than the likes of brora, formartine and cove spending big bucks to get to the top.

Brora in particular were almost as shite as fort until they found a sugar daddy

Be interesting to see what happened if they ended up winning the league and getting into the league set up 🙈

2 hours ago, Alan said:

initiative for me.  Fort William were getting pumped season after season. 

They certainly were. 

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Be interesting to see what happened if they ended up winning the league and getting into the league set up 🙈

They certainly were. 

I cant see fort finishing top half, even with 9 ICT reserves/youth.

They'll do better but not much better

I will make my parting speech before the day is over. Remember one thing though. Hate is hate no matter which side u are on. I love Scotland but don't hate any other country. I will continue to view the board and see if any decent personalities arise. Controversy can be good. But not bile. Stand on and I am away down to the tweed to write my farewell.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:48 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

I will make my parting speech before the day is over. Remember one thing though. Hate is hate no matter which side u are on. I love Scotland but don't hate any other country. I will continue to view the board and see if any decent personalities arise. Controversy can be good. But not bile. Stand on and I am away down to the tweed to write my farewell.

Please do. You are an arsehole and you are polluting cyberspace.  

Think its probably a shrewd move for ICT and probably Fort William as well. Saying that, if you were a player or a fan of a mid or lower table team in the Highland League and out the blue start getting tanked by Fort WIlliam you’d probably be pretty pissed off. 

On 7/26/2019 at 8:27 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

We are all fort william. U realise where the town was named after don't u?? Bigots.

Why would you make a comment like that. No need. It's about football ffs.. You wonder why folk get annoyed with you. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why would you make a comment like that. No need. It's about football ffs.. You wonder why folk get annoyed with you. 

It's called a wee thing Ramy.  Irony. Rangers supporters on here get slated for being bigots (which none of us on here are).  And the people who slate us want to support fort WILLIAM.  Ironic or what.  Anyway, you won't get it so no point in explaining.  I will just apologise to you and let you look up a wee bit of Scotland's history on Giggle.  I mean Google.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's called a wee thing Ramy.  Irony. Rangers supporters on here get slated for being bigots (which none of us on here are).  And the people who slate us want to support fort WILLIAM.  Ironic or what.  Anyway, you won't get it so no point in explaining.  I will just apologise to you and let you look up a wee bit of Scotland's history on Giggle.  I mean Google.

And how do you account for your hero's order to murder the MacDonald's of Glencoe and his known lust for little boys ?

King Billy is burning in hell with Ian Brady as we speak.

47 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Think its probably a shrewd move for ICT and probably Fort William as well. Saying that, if you were a player or a fan of a mid or lower table team in the Highland League and out the blue start getting tanked by Fort WIlliam you’d probably be pretty pissed off. 

No different to when brora ended up with money and got an ICT defender to come play and manage them. Brora were garbage but ended up with a sugar daddy and won the league

Fort William were very forthcoming and supportive of this. 

Although I can't see it making a big difference for them, they certainly won't be winning the league. It gives Fort William a team and gives the some Caley youth the chance of regular competative 1st team football. 

It's all teenagers so they won't be transforming Fort William into title challengers. The most promising teenagers we have who are involved in some 1st team games or on verge of being involved are still at the club and haven't gone on loan. 

There is certainly a moral question although I dont think they are doing anything illegal and it may well benefit the players who are being sent out on loan. I suppose the real question is for the other teams in the league and whether they think there is anything underhand at play and whether they'll do anything about it?

Edited by Mox

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

There is certainly a moral question although I dont think they are doing anthing illegal and it may well benefit the players who are being sent out on loan. I suppose the real question is for the other teams in the league and whether they think there is anything underhand at play and whether they'll do anything about it?

From what I've read theres nothing anyone can do about it as no rules have been broken.

Not sure if this is true, I got this from one of the highland league forums, apparently next season this cant happen because only two players can be loaned from one club to another club due to a rule change coming in to force

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agree totally. 

Grow up.  Fort William was named after King Billy.  I was pointing out the irony of me and other rangers supporters on here being called everything under the sun.  I will send you a book about Scottish history pal.  It has a lot to do with Scottish football unfortunately. Those of you that stay in foreign countries can stand and say what you like.  Those of us who stay in Scotland will try and change it.