New season, new security measures - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

First they came for the football fans, but I did not speak up as I wasn't a football fan

deary me, using a holocaust memorial now as if it has any relevance

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

deary me, using a holocaust memorial now as if it has any relevance

Terry.  You have an editor now.  Beware the VA.  He will shoot you down.  Every word said has to be examined and analysed.  No laughs or jokes allowed.  Not on his watch.  His motto is CCTV forever.  No speaking at football matches from now on.  And don't even mention the Taliban!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Terry.  You have an editor now.  Beware the VA.  He will shoot you down.  Every word said has to be examined and analysed.  No laughs or jokes allowed.  Not on his watch.  His motto is CCTV forever.  No speaking at football matches from now on.  And don't even mention the Taliban!!!!!!

Give it a break. You follow this member about like a creepy stalker. Any more will be considered in a not very good light and you may have to resort to using another of your Logins.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

after last years issues, not really.

We should be pointing the finger at the people who can't behave like a reasonable human being, not the clubs. 

What measures would you take? 

What were last year's issues?

33 minutes ago, TAMB2 said:

Give it a break. You follow this member about like a creepy stalker. Any more will be considered in a not very good light and you may have to resort to using another of your Logins.

Point taken. These long holidays are not good for me!! Apologies if anyone offended by my posts. Which are meant in fun.

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

What were last year's issues?

It’s more than last years issues. 

Theres been people hit by bottles and chairs over the last 2-3 seasons, the singing that goes on in the ground and very rarely, racial abuse etc etc. 

I mentioned on the header that they were possibly preparing for strict liability coming in, they’ve spent an awful lot of money on all of this and have to hire in an external controller when it’s functions are needed. 

Edited by dandydunn

2 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

Well said :hammer:

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The camera has the technology to pin point someone when it’s absolutely necessary, I’m led to believe it will be focused on areas of the stand and not constantly panning, it’ll only be used when an incident is witnessed or reported. 

The microphones will be used again, only when something needs to be heard, so if you don’t do or say anything wrong, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about, just treat it like any other cctv camera in the world and ignore it. 

The problem is who decides what you say or so is wrong. 

Bit surprised folk don’t seem that bothered about their privacy being eroded. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The problem is who decides what you say or so is wrong. 

Bit surprised folk don’t seem that bothered about their privacy being eroded. 

I think we all know what is right and wrong to say. 

I would assume anything resembling orange/fenian/black bastard etc etc is why these are going in. 

Any compliments on a females arse will likely be left to drift away, rightly or wrongly, but that’s another argument completely. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

I would assume anything resembling orange/fenian/black bastard etc etc is why these are going in. 

Any compliments on a females arse will likely be left to drift away, rightly or wrongly, but that’s another argument completely. 

Even still, having private conversations potentially recorded at the fitba is fucking weird Orwell stuff. 

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there? Who decides where the line is drawn for what you can or can't shout at a football match?

Absolutely no issue with Aberdeen using cameras and wanting to address some problems, but microphones don't sit right with me.

30 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there? Who decides where the line is drawn for what you can or can't shout at a football match?

Absolutely no issue with Aberdeen using cameras and wanting to address some problems, but microphones don't sit right with me.

Where did I contradict myself?

The only part I can imagine, is where I mentioned a woman’s arse, then followed it up with rightly or wrongly. 

I think we all know why they’re putting them in and it’s not for a cheeky little comment. 

It’s to try and weed out bigots and scumbags from football grounds. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

The only part I can imagine, is where I mentioned a woman’s arse, then followed it up with rightly or wrongly. 

I think we all know why they’re putting them in and it’s not for a cheeky little comment. 

Yeah, that was the part. We should all know the difference between right and wrong. Calling someone a taig is wrong, but harassing a bonnie lassie is fair game.

38 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Yeah, that was the part. We should all know the difference between right and wrong. Calling someone a taig is wrong, but harassing a bonnie lassie is fair game.

Saying to your mate shes got a nice arse to harassing her (this fictional female with a nice arse) is a bit of a leap.

:lol:

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Saying to your mate shes got a nice arse to harassing her (this fictional female with a nice arse) is a bit of a leap.

:lol:

Aye, of course. I meant a general point about being drunk and lairy towards birds though. Where does that mark on the sliding scale? Who gets to decide?

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Unfortunately I agree with part of your statement. But if football had to get rid of scumbags there would be hardly anyone at the games. People go and shout there heads of at football matches in a way which is unnatural. Is that not why we love it? We like to get carried away at club and country games. Taking that away by CCTV is a step too far imo.

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Hence why said right or wrong, that’s another argument completely, I thought that not was obvious. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Unfortunately I agree with part of your statement. But if football had to get rid of scumbags there would be hardly anyone at the games. People go and shout there heads of at football matches in a way which is unnatural. Is that not why we love it? We like to get carried away at club and country games. Taking that away by CCTV is a step too far imo.

No it’s not. Having to try and explain to a 6 year old what a fenian bastard is or who Bobby Sands isn’t very pleasant. The less of these people that go to football, the better. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

No it’s not. Having to try and explain to a 6 year old what a fenian bastard is or who Bobby Sands isn’t very pleasant. The less of these people that go to football, the better. 

U know u won't get an argument from me on that score. But is there a difference in fans chanting for Sheffield Wednesday against Sheffield utd? Not supporting bigotry at all. My only point is when football fans go to games they become different animals. For example I cannot stand the Scotland fans who kick a ball about in a square and act like pricks. But they do. But how far do u go? If a fan at a game goes overboard and shouts things? Criminal record? I don't know the answer but I bet u love singing and shouting when rangers or Celtic come to town?

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U know u won't get an argument from me on that score. But is there a difference in fans chanting for Sheffield Wednesday against Sheffield utd? Not supporting bigotry at all. My only point is when football fans go to games they become different animals. For example I cannot stand the Scotland fans who kick a ball about in a square and act like pricks. But they do. But how far do u go? If a fan at a game goes overboard and shouts things? Criminal record? I don't know the answer but I bet u love singing and shouting when rangers or Celtic come to town?

More utter nonsense. 

Just go away. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

More utter nonsense. 

Just go away. 

Good response. Unfortunately I won't. As won't rangers. Get the bile away kid. It's not a good thing to have. Why can't u be nice to supporters of other clubs? The bile will be a downfall. I love Scottish football and all the teams. If that's a fault then it is one I  happy with. Stand on ❤️

Hence why said right or wrong, that’s another argument completely, I thought that not was obvious. 

Just seems to be a pretty grey area. Microphones to record people and it's up to every person to monitor what they believe is safe to do so. As I say, it doesn't sit comfortable with me.

• 4 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:57 AM, TAMB2 said:

Aye following people around like a creepy stalker ought to be a banning offense.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:57 AM, TAMB2 said:

Your words mean hee-haw.