New season, new security measures - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/07/24/dons-announce-enhanced-safety-measures-for-new-season/

Away allocation is now 1662, good to hear that the club are listening to the fans for a change. 

The CCTV is incredibly good, some of the best available out there and can spot a loose thread on your jumper. 

No hiding place for any unacceptable behaviour now, although I’ve heard there will also be microphones being installed that can help with hearing exactly what has been said by who, strategically placed around the ground. 

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Installing microphones? Haha ffs

Perhaps if people could behave themselves at a football match, measures like this wouldn't be required.

Before anyone starts, theres Nothing wrong with atmosphere at games but football matches arent places where you just do as you please and say/sing what you want. 

I'd hazard a guess the people who complain about this are those who would get caught doing something they know they shouldn't be doing.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Perhaps if people could behave themselves at a football match, measures like this wouldn't be required.

Before anyone starts, theres Nothing wrong with atmosphere at games but football matches arent places where you just do as you please and say/sing what you want. 

I'd hazard a guess the people who complain about this are those who would get caught doing something they know they shouldn't be doing.

I’ve seen similar arguments condoning mass government surveillance. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

This all seems a bit extreme does it not? 

after last years issues, not really.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Privacy. 

No doubt something that will be a thing of the past. 

We should be pointing the finger at the people who can't behave like a reasonable human being, not the clubs. 

What measures would you take? 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

We should be pointing the finger at the people who can't behave like a reasonable human being, not the clubs. 

What measures would you take? 

They are not mutually exclusive. 

Treating every fan as a potential criminal or “unreasonable human” isn’t something football fans should support. 

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Treating every fan as a potential criminal or “unreasonable human” isn’t something football fans should support. 

Correct.  Imagine going to a game with Vanderark?  You would get a row for chewing chewing gum.  And imagine coughing during the game.  My goodness, that would be sacriledge.  Poor behaviour and something that wouldn't happen in a squash court in ………. Hampshire. OOOOOh.

Someone will need to reply to this as VA has me on block seemingly.  Can give but canny take type of guy.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Someone

24 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Potential criminal? That's a but dramatic is it not mate?

I wont feel.like a criminal when I go to matches. 

53 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The camera has the technology to pin point someone when it’s absolutely necessary, I’m led to believe it will be focused on areas of the stand and not constantly panning, it’ll only be used when an incident is witnessed or reported. 

The microphones will be used again, only when something needs to be heard, so if you don’t do or say anything wrong, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about, just treat it like any other cctv camera in the world and ignore it.