VPN hotspot plus laptop? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

VPN hotspot plus laptop?

Hi folks,

For the next few months I'll be using my phone as hotspot (to access the internet on the laptop). Would a VPN work via this?

Sorry I really am clueless about many things including this, and don't even know if I have worded this right, but basically have 150 gb of data a month so use that for internet access on the laptop as well - if I bought a VPN package would this work for the lappy?

Much obliged!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the bump, but can anyone recommend a decent VPN that can access the i player.

It's mostly for Sportscene and the BBC Scotland Friday night games and it seems Windscribe doesn't work at all.

What do folk abroad use to watch BBC Scotland etc? Thank you in advance!

On 8/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, weekevie04 said:

Apologies for the bump, but can anyone recommend a decent VPN that can access the i player.

It's mostly for Sportscene and the BBC Scotland Friday night games and it seems Windscribe doesn't work at all.

What do folk abroad use to watch BBC Scotland etc? Thank you in advance!

IPTV

Message Mazzie on here and he will sort you out

expressvpn - used them for a while now and they are pretty good. The bbc are particularly aggressive blocking vpns and occasionally I had a problem but they always seem to get around them.

iptv is also good but finding a good supplier is far less easy than a good vpn. I’ll pm you the one I use weekevie if interested.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

expressvpn - used them for a while now and they are pretty good. The bbc are particularly aggressive blocking vpns and occasionally I had a problem but they always seem to get around them.

iptv is also good but finding a good supplier is far less easy than a good vpn. I’ll pm you the one I use weekevie if interested.

Tapadh leat, a thplinth.

Aye, I've been reading about the BBC being aggresive. You'd think they'd bite the bullet and just charge folk outside the UK and Ireland, £5 a month or something to use it.

Normally if overseas iptv will give you access to all the uk channels but when it does not work for any reason your vpn will get you direct access to bbc, itv and ch4 players. I have a vpn, iptv and a Netflix sub which combined are far less than the sky tv sub I had years ago now and they are infinitely superior. 

Ps I use the vpn to surf now as well. If you go through japan or the USA say you circumvent all the mega annoying EU bullshit clicks... do you accept cookies... do you agree to us being wanks... you cut out about three clicks every web page you visit assuming like me you religiously delete cookies.

Edited by thplinth

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Normally if overseas iptv will give you access to all the uk channels but when it does not work for any reason your vpn will get you direct access to bbc, itv and ch4 players. I have a vpn, iptv and a Netflix sub which combined are far less than the sky tv sub I had years ago now and they are infinitely superior. 

Ps I use the vpn to surf now as well. If you go through japan or the USA say you circumvent all the mega annoying EU bullshit clicks... do you accept cookies... do you agree to us being wanks... you cut out about three clicks every web page you visit assuming like me you religiously delete cookies.

Cheers again, thplinth ; much appreciated and I'll have a go at that in the next few days.

5 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Cheers again, thplinth ; much appreciated and I'll have a go at that in the next few days.

My pleasure. The iptv has channels from all over the world most of which most of the time you will never use. But if you use a site like this...

http://liveonsat.com/

.... you can find pretty much any football game being played on the planet. Interestingly I find Scottish games and Scotland games are some of the least televised in the fecking world... another great SFA achievement.