HOME POINTS SYSTEM A GIFT FOR HARVESTERS - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

HOME POINTS SYSTEM A GIFT FOR HARVESTERS

Catchart Circle

55 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Thats not that bad an idea actually.

I just find it ludicrous that the SSC will police away points so stringently with 100% pick up on occasions yet have no checks on home purchases where it is easy to accumulate points at little or no expense (if you resell the ticket).

Perhaps three points for an away game and one for home matches would be more realistic- with random checks for both.

No points for away games only points for home games. It is after all a supporters club and you are hardly supporting Scotland by contributing  to the San Mario FA's bank balance.

48 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No points for away games only points for home games. It is after all a supporters club and you are hardly supporting Scotland by contributing  to the San Mario FA's bank balance.

Exactly.  :ok:

Harvesting a thing of the past due to points for home games and  our abject performances.

Less and less want to travel and this shows with away briefs going to zero points.

No need to harvest now and  pay that extra £20 or whatever for a match that you are not attending.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, teecee- said:

Harvesting a thing of the past due to points for home games and  our abject performances.

Less and less want to travel and this shows with away briefs going to zero points.

No need to harvest now and  pay that extra £20 or whatever for a match that you are not attending.

Under normal circumstances I’d agree but I have a feeling a few will harvest the Russia and Cyprus games to get 4 extra points to help secure finals tickets if we qualify.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sounds of things there is no allocation, tickets are all ready being sold.

There will be an allocation. A minimum of 17% of tickets will be allocated to the FAs of the teams competing in each match. I’m sure 17% is for St Petersburg though and all other grounds will be slightly higher. 

The SFA should get around 5000 tickets for each match at Hampden should we qualify. They could of course keep a good few for corporate hospitality pish but I would hope the vast majority of the tickets they get would go to SSC members. 

3 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Slightly off topic, does anyone know if you can see the loyalty points table online? 

Just been trying to estimate how many tickets we'll get per match at the euros if we qualify, around 9000? 

Google Scotland Supporters Club points table mate. Easy as that. 

How will that help you figure out how many tickets the SSC will get though? 

I’ve looked into it before and if we qualify  the SFA and the other team we’re playing will share around 20% of the capacity so the SFA should get around 5000 or so. They might get slightly more as we’re a host. If our game against England is at Wembley we should get around 9000.  

24 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Not if they are reselling the tickets to cover their outlay.

There’s never going to be a perfect system, and there’s always going to be someone trying to cheat it.

For me laying out to join the SSC, then buying tickets you don’t intend to use and might not be able to resell to move you up the queue for a possible future tournament we haven’t qualified for yet. All seems pretty elaborate.

Any away game I’ve been at there are generally official tickets available over there, so it’s not a new problem, and would think the harvesting of gone points is pretty pointless.

(if you’re that keen surely you’re going to the games? 🤷‍♂️ )

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The SFA can't even sell 50% of the stadium tonight, I doubt many fans will be selling their tickets.

They won't even be able to give them away. On Friday I got offered three tickets for the Belgium game, from three different people. And that was a couple of hours before we kicked off against Russia.