Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 91 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

On 12/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, wee-toon-red said:

It's intriguing that Gallacher doesn't appear to have had a look-in at U21 level, even though their left back is an Aberdeen reject who currently plays for Ayr Utd. Fair enough Gallacher hasn't done anything at first team level but it's surprising that a youngster at a major European club isn't good enough for our U21 squad. Although given we're talking about the SFA, maybe it isn't surprising at all...

That Harvie has looked poor for the u21s everytime I have seen him. Looks the kind of player who will be nothing more than a poor/average SPL/Scottish championship player, a Tam Scobbie if you will. Tons of first team experience but not much ability.

Guest ElChris04

Ryan Porteous put in an embarrassing shift for Hibernian tonight. Terrible tackle That very well looked intent that got him sent off. Aswell as off the ball antics. Would go as far to say it was the worst performance I’ve seen from a defender this season that I’ve been able to see. 

expected so much better. 

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

Ryan Porteous put in an embarrassing shift for Hibernian tonight. Terrible tackle That very well looked intent that got him sent off. Aswell as off the ball antics. Would go as far to say it was the worst performance I’ve seen from a defender this season that I’ve been able to see. 

expected so much better. 

Christophe Berra in any game for Hearts and Charlie Mulgrew for his last two games for Scotland (hopefully ever) have had games just as bad this year.

Porteous shouldn't be written off for one bad game.

4 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

expected so much better. 

He did one to coulibaly last year and loved the attention it got him, even posting pictures of it himself. Then their was the viral image of him shouting at Morelos. Get the feeling he kind of loves himself and was just out to make a (social media) name for himself today. Barisic is very lucky he tried to avoid going into the tackle and only took the studs to the high shin. Same with Coulibaly last year if he didn't jump, it would've probably been a leg breaker (can't even remember if Porteous got booked for it), I'm sure Lennon had a pop at him for it and wanted that recklessness out of his game. It seems he has gone the other way and is reveling in it.

Until he massively sorts out this rashness and leave a marker on them attitude out, he won't ger far in the game. 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

8 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He did one to coulibaly last year and loved the attention it got him, even posting pictures of it himself. Then their was the viral image of him shouting at Morelos. Get the feeling he kind of loves himself and was just out to make a (social media) name for himself today. Barisic is very lucky he tried to avoid going into the tackle and only took the studs to the high shin. Same with Coulibaly last year if he didn't jump, it would've probably been a leg breaker (can't even remember if Porteous got booked for it), I'm sure Lennon had a pop at him for it and wanted that recklessness out of his game. It seems he has gone the other way and is reveling in it.

Until he massively sorts out this rashness and leave a marker on them attitude out, he won't ger far in the game. 

Tbf he got the ball

If Gerrard, Lennon or Roy Keane were getting scudded 3-0 at home you can guarantee they would have done the exact same. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. All 3 massive winners. Hibs were an embarrassment to the league last night at least that boys got the right mentality.

Edited by JECK

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Tbf he got the ball

Then went studs up into a fellow professionals shin (just below his knee). This isn't the 80/90s, you can't do that shit anymore. He knew clearly what he was doing, win the ball then go flying through barisic. I don't know if he meant to take barisic out that high but it was clear what his intent was, if he takes Barisic out down at his his foot, then no harm no foul but go look at the pictures and see where he catches him. 

Everyone knows winning the ball no longer matters, if you go over the ball, studs up into a fellow professional it is supposed to be a red card. 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Guest ElChris04

Hopefully Mcginn isn’t too serious 

as for Porteous, not writing him off at all. He’s been class most times and I still rate him very highly as a prospect but pointed the extremely poor performance out as it’s performances like last night that could cost Scotland if he where to do the same. Hopefully like @ProudScot said, he can curb the aggression into something positive as we do lack the physical CB’s who have that in them. 

31 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Goal for lyndon dykes. Said he's interested in playing for scotland. Not seen much of him. Is he international standard? 

Australia are his first choice. He has said as much.

John McGinn was taken off after eight minutes with an ankle injury.

Just now, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Supposedly, they're not now. He's said in his last interview, he has no family in Australia and parents are Scottish, so wants to play for us because his only Aussie ties is being born there

That's very different to what he was saying a few months ago. He said then that Australia was his first choice and Scotland second. He's not being entirely honest here I don't think.

He's playing us and Australia off against one another to see who will call him up first.