Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 69 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

18 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I can also confirm that

Alan McGregor

Andy Robertson

Ryan Fraser

James McArthur

Robert Snodgrass

Scott Brown

Matt Ritchie &

Kieran Tierney

Aren't commited

Allan McGregor should be nowhere near that list.

played till he was nearly 37 & got 42 caps over an 11 year period.

Also spent various spells on the bench knowing he wouldn’t get a cap but still turned up for squads.

Also was excellent & also is Key to why we have the play off to look forward to next year. 

Would take him back in a heartbeat 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Also spent various spells on the bench knowing he wouldn’t get a cap but still turned up for squads.

Also was excellent & also is Key to why we have the play off to look forward to next year. 

Retired after he was 37 (I think), turns 38 in January.

Obviously a lot won't agree but I'm with you, I'd have him back in the team for the playoffs. He is a far superior goalkeeper to what we have. Some of the saves he made in the nation's league are the reason we are in the playoffs, Marshall doesn't have those sorts of saves in him. I genuinely worry what will happen if we come up against Haaland with our Central defence and Marshall in goals.

Reports from Liverpool said Robertson only resumed training on Thursday and was a doubt up to an hour before the kick off today.

Tierney it was his club that asked for him not be selected, not the player.

I am prepared to give both players a pass from the recent squad and both will be back in March and hopefully fully fit (with Tierney having at least 4/5 months of action under his belt).

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Reports from Liverpool said Robertson only resumed training on Thursday and was a doubt up to an hour before the kick off today.

I am prepared to give both players a pass from the recent squad and both will be back in March and hopefully fully fit (with Tierney having at least 4/5 months of action under his belt).

Fuck you and your common fucking sense.

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Also retired in a huff after getting an sfa fine

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Maybe so, Tierney could have also easily asked Arsenal to say that, they would be delighted to speak for him to be left out.

I see that most of the players that are in and around the squad and that are frequently on social media, were mentioning the good results last week. Tierney kept his usual silence on all things Scotland....

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Very generous of you and a shot of anti venom into the overall debate over withdrawals. 

Although I hate the constant negativity, I'm not sure I totally agree with giving them both a pass but what's the alternative? 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Very generous of you and a shot of anti venom into the overall debate over withdrawals. 

Although I hate the constant negativity, I'm not sure I totally agree with giving them both a pass but what's the alternative? 

Ban them from the next match like any other country would do

Anyway, it's happening by itself

Has Tierney a real chance of playing right back over Palmer now

Will Fraser replace Christie

16 minutes ago, Bino's said:

And we may yet be out in the play off due to a save or lack thereof he might have made

He’ll be 38 when the play off comes, I think if anyone on your list is allowed to retire as a great servant to his country it’s someone nearly 40 you zoomer.

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Ban them from the next match like any other country would do

Anyway, it's happening by itself

Has Tierney a real chance of playing right back over Palmer now

Will Fraser replace Christie

You're being naive if you don't mind me saying. You're dealing in the here and now. By March, Tierney and Fraser etc might be tearing it up in the EPL and you're gonnae ban them from our biggest game in 20 years? 🤔

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

Liverpool must have one heck of an amazing physio. Who’d have guessed that Robertson with his injury would be able to play the full 90 minutes too? 😏

Did the full 90, but nah, apparently he was "a doubt up to an hour before kickoff today".

Whether it's the clubs putting on pressure, or the players themselves that can't be arsed, as a fan i can't accept this shite.

I see the Ireland team a lot... see them play... see the media...see the build up. They're all committed, all focused. Players like James McLean would run through walls (probably Derry's) for his national team. Funnily (and appropriately) enough the only player whose commitment that's ever been questioned by Irish fans was a Scot - namely James McCarthy. 

Club beats Country for many Scots professional players unfortunately.... sad state of affairs.

I kept Robbo and Fraser selected in my EPL fantasy team despite them being officially marked as 'doubts' in the app. That's how sure i was they'd feckin play. :lol:

They both came good... an assist each. :ok:

Edited by Dave78

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

Liverpool must have one heck of an amazing physio. Who’d have guessed that Robertson with his injury would be able to play the full 90 minutes too? 😏

I've read he's only training the day before games at the moment due to the swelling in his ankle, which makes injury sound legitimate. Having said that, if liverpool had been playing last Saturday, would he have played? Absolutely yes. I don't think it's that our best players aren't interested, they're just more committed to their clubs. 

I'd be all for leaving anyone who withdraws for spurious reasons out the next squad to send a message, but it just so happens the next squad is our biggest game for years. Clarke's got a tough decision to make IMO.

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He’ll be 38 when the play off comes, I think if anyone on your list is allowed to retire as a great servant to his country it’s someone nearly 40 you zoomer.

He plays every week for his club

He only retired in a huff after getting a fine from a red card

We need him

He's never been a great servant, some of his time he disgraced himself

This was his chance, when we needed him most to become a great servant

And he chose to drop us

8 hours ago, slasher said:

You're being naive if you don't mind me saying. You're dealing in the here and now. By March, Tierney and Fraser etc might be tearing it up in the EPL and you're gonnae ban them from our biggest game in 20 years? 🤔

Next club match with the 5 day rule

And as I said, with their no shows not sure I can see them replacing Palmer and Christie

12 minutes ago, Bino's said:

He plays every week for his club

He only retired in a huff after getting a fine from a red card

We need him

He's never been a great servant, some of his time he disgraced himself

This was his chance, when we needed him most to become a great servant

And he chose to drop us

What absolute nonsense. The sort of drivel Chripper or TDK would spout.