Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

15 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I pretty much agree with your assessment of Hanley but mulgrew isn't any better overall as a centre back and McKenna isn't either as well so we have basically have no one who is good in that position. It seems like ppl like to slag Hanley which I can understand but truth is we have no one better. 

Correct. Put any of our other centre halves up against opposition of Chelsea's standard and they'd struggle too. The fact that we have no other central defender playing in the EPL or any of the other of the big European leagues tells its own story.

16 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I pretty much agree with your assessment of Hanley but mulgrew isn't any better overall as a centre back and McKenna isn't either as well so we have basically have no one who is good in that position. It seems like ppl like to slag Hanley which I can understand but truth is we have no one better. 

People like to slag of central defenders and it's very easy to do if you only see highlights of games.

I know every one loves stats so here's some for Hanley against Chelsea

Most tackles won for Norwich

Most touches of the ball for Norwich

Most clearances for Norwich

Most headers won for Norwich

The last two stats were the highest on pitch for either team.

Highlight's only show successful  or near successful attacks they give no credit for good defending.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

People like to slag of central defenders and it's very easy to do if you only see highlights of games.

Highlight's only show successful  or near successful attacks they give no credit for good defending.

Yeh I watched the match and Hanley did ok, the second or third(can't remember tbh) Chelsea goal was pretty bad defending from him. Personally I don't think Hanley is any worse than our other cbs but he seems to take a slagging because he's had some howlers in a Scotland shirt but then so have lots of Scottish centre backs in recent years. I would probably include him in the squad as back up.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:40 AM, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'm dealing with some oddballs, though. I mean, a guy said that i was a whack job for saying that in order to gain muscle a person has to consume between 0.8g - 1g of protein ech day per kg he weighs. Every single nutritionist will back that up.

Ach, nevermind. The thread has moved on and I'd rather not bring it back down a level.

McGregor looked good yesterday, capping it off with a fair strike from the end of the box.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No start for Griffiths again(gets on when it's  3-0. I think he was our best stiker is more apt than he is our beat stiker.

Didn't know Euan Henderson was on loan to Hearts, hopefully he will get some game time. ,Be interesting to see if Liam gets much game time for Verona

I had to Google that as I didn't know anything about that either. Turns out it's a different boy.

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hanley is no where close to being as bad as some folk like to make out

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

He probably won't get many games but if he does Norwich will let in loads of goals and If he doesn't  Norwich will let in loads of goals.

So he's either bad because he is playing or bad because he isn't good enough to play. Tricky position to be in.

11 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

He was pretty decent when he was with Blackburn and I know it didn't work out at Newcastle but presumably  Benitez saw something in him as well. At the minute he's the Scottish centre half who is playing at the highest level, though when Klose comes back from injury that could .

19 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

He was pretty decent when he was with Blackburn and I know it didn't work out at Newcastle but presumably  Benitez saw something in him as well. At the minute he's the Scottish centre half who is playing at the highest level, though when Klose comes back from injury that could .

...change? ;)

According to the Daily Record Ryan Jack is about to be recalled. 

We're saved...:Tumbleweed-2:

11 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

...change? ;)

According to the Daily Record Ryan Jack is about to be recalled. 

We're saved...:Tumbleweed-2:

Now now don’t be sarcy!

Could it not be possible that a genuinely world class midfielder in Gerrard, could have coached Jack’s game to another level??

And as I’ve said before, he could be a solution to our right back problem.

2 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Now now don’t be sarcy!

Could it not be possible that a genuinely world class midfielder in Gerrard, could have coached Jack’s game to another level??

And as I’ve said before, he could be a solution to our right back problem.

No. ;)

We have a massive problem in the anchorman area, so he'll probably play there. He's the only defensive midfielder in the squad.