Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Tonight in their Europan ties Celtic have seven Scots in the squad, Rangers have a paltry one*.

*Eligible Scots.

Since you think they're all rubbish, what does it matter

Edited by aaid

4 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Celtic actually have 8 but I get your point.  Gerrard seems less inclined to use Scottish players 

No. I did say eligible.

Seven: Gordon, Christie, McGregor, Forrest, Johnston, Griffiths and Morgan.

I would count Brown if he was eligible, but he ain't.

I miss the 3 foreigner rule.

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

No. I did say eligible.

Seven: Gordon, Christie, McGregor, Forrest, Johnston, Griffiths and Morgan.

I would count Brown if he was eligible, but he ain't.

I miss the 3 foreigner rule.

I apologise keep forgetting about Brown.  Yeah the 3 foreigner rule would  certainly benefit us where Rangers are concerned 

8 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

I apologise keep forgetting about Brown.  Yeah the 3 foreigner rule would  certainly benefit us where Rangers are concerned 

:ok:

It would. I would also love the SFA to be progressive and bold and introduce a 3 foreigner cap in Scottish football. It would force the Old Firm to take their youth academies seriously.

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

:ok:

It would. I would also love the SFA to be progressive and bold and introduce a 3 foreigner cap in Scottish football. It would force the Old Firm to take their youth academies seriously.

Don't think we're allowed to because of EU freedom of movement rules. They could add 'home grown player' rule though.

10 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

No. There's a loophole.

Teams wouldn't be restricted to buying foreigners, they could buy as many as they like, but they'd be restricted to only paying three.

Makes sense. They should certainly introduce this in the Championship and below with a higher limit in the Premiership (initially) to allow clubs a transition period.

10 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Makes sense. They should certainly introduce this in the Championship and below with a higher limit in the Premiership (initially) to allow clubs a transition period.

Absolutely. That would definitely be progressive and it would be the sign of change.

The only fly in the ointment is that the Scottish clubs wouldn't allow it, and because they're ultimate in charge of the SFA, I can't see it happening. 

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

44 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

No. There's a loophole.

Teams wouldn't be restricted to buying foreigners, they could buy as many as they like, but they'd be restricted to only paying three.

Utter bollocks.