Jump to content
SkyBlueScot

Scottish players in action 19/20

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

“You keep referring to his celtic form.”

Last time I checked with international football, you call up your best players for squads because they are performing consistently for there clubs... can’t say I’ve seen the rules for international football changed this year... 

also I asked what has fraser done better than forrest in his 11 caps and I get no reply on it... so I take that as what I already knew. 
 

You would pick ryan jack in your starting 11. Ill take anything you say with a pinch of salt” 

“Lol indeed”

mind when you said when someone disagreed with me I need to “learn not to get upset”....

think you need to take your own advice pal. 😂

Are you dense? Im laughing at you, not upset.

You pick players on club form, correct but you dont continue picking them if they play shite for scotland or you have better options.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:49 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

2 seasons ago we were talking about David Bates in the Bundesliga, Jack Harper in La liga and Liam Henderson in Serie A. Pretty sure all of them have seen their last chance of call ups.

Liam Henderson dd manage two games in Serie A I suppose.

As some one said, one in twenty is probably a good return for prospects who move abroad or to bigger teams in the UK

To be fair, Bates has always been pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you dense? Im laughing at you, not upset.

You pick players on club form, correct but you dont continue picking them if they play shite for scotland or you *have better options*.

 

 

Offt bit touchy you aren’t ye when someone disagrees with you.. 😂

You brought up a point that had absolutely nothing to do with the debate at hand because - you couldn’t answer the question I asked on what fraser has done in a Scotland shirt better than forrest? You can’t answer because he simply hasn’t contributed anything better than what forrest has. fact. 

And for the record to your petty dig about Jack, Going back to my original post I said it would be either McTominay or him I would have “absolutely no issue” with either starting but I went with jack as he looked good with mcgregor in the last set of games and McTominay has been on the bench since the resume quite lot. But okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Offt bit touchy you aren’t ye when someone disagrees with you.. 😂

You brought up a point that had absolutely nothing to do with the debate at hand because - you couldn’t answer the question I asked on what fraser has done in a Scotland shirt better than forrest? You can’t answer because he simply hasn’t contributed anything better than what forrest has. fact. 

And for the record to your petty dig about Jack, Going back to my original post I said it would be either McTominay or him I would have “absolutely no issue” with either starting but I went with jack as he looked good with mcgregor in the last set of games and McTominay has been on the bench since the resume quite lot. But okay.

FACT 😂

what a sad little celtic fan boy

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have Forrest ahead of Fraser too.

Forrest hasn't replicated club form nearly as much as he should have in a Scotland shirt but Fraser is call off king and also doesn't do much in a Scotland shirt.

Forrest is the reason we're in the play offs for starters.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd have Forrest ahead of Fraser too.

Forrest hasn't replicated club form nearly as much as he should have in a Scotland shirt but Fraser is call off king and also doesn't do much in a Scotland shirt.

Forrest is the reason we're in the play offs for starters.

Spot on, every word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

To be fair, Bates has always been pish.

Funny thing is he was part of the team that beat Albania and Israel, our best performances in ages. 

He did have Calum Patterson beside him at right back.......just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

FACT 😂

what a sad little celtic fan boy

Spat out the dummy with another insult for me aye? 😂😥

No counter argument whatsoever bar bringing yet another petty insult that makes zero sense bar show your pathetic bitterness, albeit I’ve got a very valid point you just cannot seem to answer..
 

have a day off, reminding me of that sore loser aff come dine with me. 

5D4DDEBD-2344-4C61-9D3A-0E6D5781E459.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd have Forrest ahead of Fraser too.

Forrest hasn't replicated club form nearly as much as he should have in a Scotland shirt but Fraser is call off king and also doesn't do much in a Scotland shirt.

Forrest is the reason we're in the play offs for starters.

I'd have both in the team.  Personally, I think Fraser is the most talented Scottish player about at the moment.  If we get the best of him, we have a player that can really hurt team - good teams too.

I posted a team recently, a little bit tongue-in-cheek but it could actually work.

Marshall

McTominay     McKenna     Tierney

Armstrong     McGinn     McGregor     Robertson

Forrest     McBurnie     Fraser

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd have both in the team.  Personally, I think Fraser is the most talented Scottish player about at the moment.  If we get the best of him, we have a player that can really hurt team - good teams too.

I posted a team recently, a little bit tongue-in-cheek but it could actually work.

Marshall

McTominay     McKenna     Tierney

Armstrong     McGinn     McGregor     Robertson

Forrest     McBurnie     Fraser

Mctominay in defence is maybe a step too far.... has he played a full 90 minutes in defence? The rest would work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

and I assume your would be, here ye go jamesy, theres better players than you but I Will play you despite you being pish for the vast majority of your scotland career

see I can do it too

Tbf I probably wouldn't start forrest so your analogy doesn't quite work, I just find it amazing that you wouldn't even include the guy in our squad after scoring the hatrick that secured our play off place. There isn't any better performing wingers for Scotland, most of our wingers have been shit. Forrest has mostly been shit for Scotland but he's done enough in the last couple of years to warrant being in our squad and he turns up unlike other players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd have Forrest ahead of Fraser too.

Forrest hasn't replicated club form nearly as much as he should have in a Scotland shirt but Fraser is call off king and also doesn't do much in a Scotland shirt.

Forrest is the reason we're in the play offs for starters.

I'd play my best team available...Fraser is a far better player than Forrest 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malcolm said:

Tierney has been dropped.

I'd suggest rested would be a more accurate term than dropped.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd play my best team available...Fraser is a far better player than Forrest 

Not in a Scotland shirt he's not, which is a bit of an issue when selecting a Scotland side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye not playing.  Warming his bum on the bench.   Suspect they have the fa cup in mind.

He'll be starting the FA Cup FInal.

He was rested last night, every team is resting key players with 3 games in a week.

McGinn was rested last week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to stop this obsession with 'dropped'. Not even players like Sterling start every single game; it's a squad game now. When they're not in the squad that's the time to worry.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

We need to stop this obsession with 'dropped'. Not even players like Sterling start every single game; it's a squad game now. When they're not in the squad that's the time to worry.

"Dropped" needs to be replaced with "rested". Our players have had a really good restart imo with lots of players starting matches and playing well. It's promising with this playoff and nations league games coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...