Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 173 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

Robertson absolutely honking tonight, must have been his worst in a Liverpool jersey. 

Tierney snd McBurnie class again but. 

folk can say wit ye want about him, McBurnie and Griffiths in a 2 ST formation is sounding all the more logical. 

mcbrunie needs a ST to bounce off and he Flourishes, Griff and him could make a cracking partnership. 

46 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Robertson absolutely honking tonight, must have been his worst in a Liverpool jersey. 

folk can say wit ye want about him, McBurnie and Griffiths in a 2 ST formation is sounding all the more logical. 

mcbrunie needs a ST to bounce off and he Flourishes, Griff and him could make a cracking partnership. 

I'd definitely like to see that tried out, especially against slightly weaker teams.

59 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Maybe trying it out in a friendly would best. 

12 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Having watched a few of the games he's been involved in these past couple of weeks it's clear that McBurnie's a much better footballer than he's given credit for.  I had him pegged as a penalty box poacher but he offers more than that - he works hard, he's can play in the air, he has good control and he can bring other players into the game.   

On paper he and Griffiths could be a very good partnership.

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Can’t see us playing 442.... 352 maybe...

I would like to see us try 442 but with modern formations we might be destroyed in the middle of the park

We could play a midfield diamond.  That might suit us in some ways, since we have a lot of good central midfielders.  The drawback with that system though is that much of the width comes from the full-backs, and we don't really have a right-back worthy of the name at the moment.

(Listen to me, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about there :lol:)

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Having watched a few of the games he's been involved in these past couple of weeks it's clear that McBurnie's a much better footballer than he's given credit for.  I had him pegged as a penalty box poacher but he offers more than that - he works hard, he's can play in the air, he has good control and he can bring other players into the game.   

On paper he and Griffiths could be a very good partnership.

We could play a midfield diamond.  That might suit us in some ways, since we have a lot of good central midfielders.  The drawback with that system though is that much of the width comes from the full-backs, and we don't really have a right-back worthy of the name at the moment.

(Listen to me, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about there :lol:)

Also worth mentioning, McGoldrick ( McBurnies ST partner) is a very similar type of ST to that of Griffiths just not as clinical. Not the biggest but is very skillful when needed. Think it’s a formation change and partnership that is very much needed to be tried 

Robertson may have been poor on thursday but he has been immense for liverpool this season. Thursday was a total dead rubber, a game that i doubt liverpool were up for. 

Mctominey and mcginn are the only.two scotsman with games to play with meaning. CL spot or relegation to play for.

Tierney may look good for arsenal but lets not toss each other off till we know if he can ne fucked to play for his country yet. 

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

always rated Armstong highly, celtic should have held onto him for dear life

Eh ? Armstrong is a good player but Celtic have hardly suffered without him, his replacements have been more than adequate.