Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 166 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

Buzzing for today’s games. Should be good to see how Gilmour is today, hopefully and I imagine he’s kept his place in the Chelsea team. No reason for Lampard to drop him. Hopefully we a continuation of his quality performances resumed after lockdown. 

19 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Promising that most of them are early to mid 20s. 

it would great if we had  a team full of EPL players with a smattering of those playing at really top clubs.  Our problem positions remain goalie, centre half, right back and striker.

3 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Buzzing for today’s games. Should be good to see how Gilmour is today, hopefully and I imagine he’s kept his place in the Chelsea team. No reason for Lampard to drop him. Hopefully we a continuation of his quality performances resumed after lockdown. 

I'm really excited to see him, and hopefully McGinn, in the same game. I read an article the other day he might get dropped to the bench if favour of Kante if they play a more attacking formation. I really hope this isn't the case.

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Paterson back to starting up front for Cardiff today. Cooper starts for Leeds. Looking forward to seeing how he does in the EPL.

Seriously need to consider Paterson as so short on playing cf's certainly regards the squad

Cooper clearly too

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

I'm really excited to see him, and hopefully McGinn, in the same game. I read an article the other day he might get dropped to the bench if favour of Kante if they play a more attacking formation. I really hope this isn't the case.

Rest of Chelsea games are gilmour watch

Really hoping he can cement his place

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

it would great if we had  a team full of EPL players with a smattering of those playing at really top clubs.  Our problem positions remain goalie, centre half, right back and striker.

Marshall, Hanley, Cooper, Tierney, Griffiths?

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

Marshall, Hanley, Cooper, Tierney, Griffiths?

marshall is getting on and we have no reAlly good keepers coming through. Hanley and cooper are journeymen but are decent.  Tierney is really a left back, and griffiths inconsistent and injury prone.   Mcburnie on paper should be good, just not done it yet for Scotland.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

marshall is getting on and we have no reAlly good keepers coming through. Hanley and cooper are journeymen but are decent.  Tierney is really a left back, and griffiths inconsistent and injury prone.   Mcburnie on paper should be good, just not done it yet for Scotland.

Mcburnie just cannot play up top alone

Play mcburnie and you must play 2 strikers

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye? In what way?

Not playing out his contract and helping out his team. The team who gave him his big chance. Just a shite attitude, if i was one of his teammates id be raging.

7 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Add Mcburnie to that.

A mix of EPL and old firm players is pretty good. Mcgregor, Christie, forrest and griffiths will always be in contention. 

A mix of epl players and celtic players is fine. There are no scots at rangers worth calling up 

Give it 5 to 10 years and it will be EPL abd champislonshio players only

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A mix of epl players and celtic players is fine. There are no scots at rangers worth calling up 

Give it 5 to 10 years and it will be EPL abd champislonshio players only

this is the natural course of things...  The chasm between he English league and the Scottish league is now vast.  How we used to laugh at the welsh and Irish leagues.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

this is the natural course of things...  The chasm between he English league and the Scottish league is now vast.  How we used to laugh at the welsh and Irish leagues.

Welsh and Irish leagues don't have Celtic and Rangers so it will never go that way. As long as Celtic and Rangers are competitive in Europe the top flight in Scotland still has some credibility.

35 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

His contract ended, he decided not to renew it...dont see what the big deal is

His contract isn't up until end of June so he should at least have had the decency to play until then and help the club as much as possible. He's being a selfish dick