Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 165 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

12 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

His track record doesn't leave me more than a wee bit happy for him that he has got a promotion. Few matches for the Dons and then in the lower regions of the EFL, and about 26/27 I would guess. Not exactly international standard.

But on the same subject Coventry have Michael Rose and Dominic Hyam going into the championship, younger and both central defenders.

Cheers for the info. Good luck to the lad. It's always nice to see players that have an ambition to play for Scitland regardless of their talent...

44 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Good to see Armstrong score but I don't think he or McLean  would be close to our starting midfield.

Was more interested in seeing Hanley who was in great form before the break. Out for the rest of the season and requires surgery it appears

Am happy with them both being in the squad but the fact that they'd be unlikely to start is really positive. That said, never upset with Armstrong playing.

id happily see us line up something like

Marshall 

Hanley.      McKenna.   Tierney

fraser.        Fleck mctominay  Gilmour.     Robertson

Mcginn

Mcburnie

22 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

id happily see us line up something like

Marshall 

Hanley.      McKenna.   Tierney

fraser.        Fleck mctominay  Gilmour.     Robertson

Mcginn

Mcburnie

Ryan Christie would probably start but we’ll see. 

13 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Ryan Christie would probably start but we’ll see. 

Swap McKenna for Cooper if Leeds go up and we could have 10 outfield players from the EPL. Awesome. Don't think we've able to say that since the EPL was formed. Not saying that's the best team or formation but food for thought.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Both McTominey and Tierney ended up playing centre back for their clubs this week, could somehow we get a decent centre back partnership almost by accident?

Would be good and their normal positions are well covered.

That crossed my mind too! To be honest though, I thought McTominay looked like a fish out of water playing there (he was eventually subbed for a "real" defender). 

That said, he has played in that position before, ditto Tierney, so it's not an idea that should be dismissed out of hand.

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Swap McKenna for Cooper if Leeds go up and we could have 10 outfield players from the EPL. Awesome. Don't think we've able to say that since the EPL was formed. Not saying that's the best team or formation but food for thought.

Hanley and Norwich are as good as down though. Really can't see them staying up, not after yesterday's performance.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Promising that most of them are early to mid 20s. 

Edited by bigfingers

My instinct says there’s a bit of rotation going on to give players game time. What is it 8 games? If he’s getting rotated at the start of next season then I’d worry, that is if he’s there at all.

21 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Good to see Armstrong score but I don't think he or McLean  would be close to our starting midfield.

Was more interested in seeing Hanley who was in great form before the break. Out for the rest of the season and requires surgery it appears

Armstrong will certainly be in contention for a starting place if he keeps up this season’s form. Terrific energy about him, and that is something we need.