Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 103 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

7 hours ago, aaid said:

Exactly.  We've got a decent midfield - that has the potential to get better.-  and a couple of very good left backs.  

On the other hand, we're reliant on a goalkeeper in his mid 30s, who's been third choice for us for most of his career and we're praying that he can continue to play for as long as possible because we've no other options.   

Other than the two very good players we have at left back, we have no-one else who is of the level of quality required to play International football if defence.

And then there's up front, where the saviour is a guy who has well documented problems and - two goals against England aside - hasn't exactly set the heather on fire.   Still one day, one day, Jordan Rhodes may come good and there's always Stephen Fletcher - if we need a win against Gibraltar. 

But let's not talk about any of this. 

Slightly exaggerating here are we not? More than capable of playing at Israels level. 

The general point I was making had more to do with people on here's propensity to be negative. Billy Gilmour is showing his huge potential and there is one post on him but multiple posts about two complete nonentity centre halves. 

7 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Slightly exaggerating here are we not? More than capable of playing at Israels level. 

The general point I was making had more to do with people on here's propensity to be negative. Billy Gilmour is showing his huge potential and there is one post on him but multiple posts about two complete nonentity centre halves. 

Theres plenty of posts about gilmour on this board. I reckon most wouldn't have known he was playing yesterday because he hasn't been playing regularly for chelsea

It was also the FA cup against a championship side. I'll start getting excited when he plays in the EPL matches.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Theres plenty of posts about gilmour on this board. I reckon most wouldn't have known he was playing yesterday because he hasn't been playing regularly for chelsea

It was also the FA cup against a championship side. I'll start getting excited when he plays in the EPL matches.

Possibly but yet they knew mcintyre and Lindsay played. 

Just get excited about him, it won't hurt! 

Edited by gonzohiggy

55 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Okay, if I'm exaggerating, tell me who is good enough to play at either right back or centre back?

39 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Possibly but yet they knew mcintyre and Lindsay played. 

Just get excited about him, it won't hurt! 

Aaid lives near reading and has attended games there, he know some reading fans as do I hence the reason we both know about McIntyre.

What would you like us to do? Follow every move gilmour makes?

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Okay, if I'm exaggerating, tell me who is good enough to play at either right back or centre back?

"International football" covers a wide range of levels of team. 

Hanley, McKenna Gallagher and Cooper are all more than capable against Israel, cyrpus, Norway or Serbia.

Probably not against Belgium. 

15 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Hanley, McKenna Gallagher and Cooper are all more than capable against Israel, cyrpus, Norway or Serbia.

Are they though? There’s a reason why we don’t qualify.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

13 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

I doubt any of them will be good enough to cope with the attacking threat that Norway or Serbia will pose.  

Let's hope we at least get the chance to test that out. 

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Could take that further and say we don't have any goalkeepers of the quality required to play club football

The only hopeful aspect with goalkeeping is that we have Kelly and McCrorie coming through who will be our future 1st and 2nd choice keepers I feel.

Still think we should beg McGregor back for the play offs 

29 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Could take that further and say we don't have any goalkeepers of the quality required to play club football

There's certainly very few getting a regular game at any sort of decent level. 

We were fortunate in the past having Leighton and Goram - both excellent keepers - for the best part of two decades.   Then we had the likes of Sullivan, Gould, Douglas, etc., none of who were really good enough until Gordon, McGregor and Marshall broke through.

We've always had at least one of that three available for the last 15 years or so but now it seems like we're where we are when Leighton retired, that what should be the next generation of keepers aren't good enough and so we'll be waiting for - hopefully - a couple of young keepers to come good in the next couple of years.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yes but your a total idiot going by everything you have ever posted on here.

I forgot about your total love for me you fucking weirdo. 😂

It’s been a while so thanks for reminding me of how much of a fucking weird cunt you are. 👍

Here’s a tip..... When you are trying to call someone an idiot it’s maybe best to sort out your use of “your/you’re” as it might make your point seem less stupid. Also, don’t come away with the typo excuse as you do it often. You’re known for being quite the moron. 😊

Edited by WCTA