Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 227 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hasn't made the bench much for Reims and Reims are second bootom of Ligue 1 

I doubt if the standard near the bottom of the league is up to much  and at 21 possible that Hornby might not be the answer

You are so negative, Hornby, like Dykes, has just played 3 games in a week. I’m quite sure he’s being rested. 

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

You are so negative, Hornby, like Dykes, has just played 3 games in a week. I’m quite sure he’s being rested. 

Two games but he wasn't on the bench prior to the international break.

I am pretty negative towards forwards, but as we haven't had one for decades I am probably right.

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

An assist for Ryan Gauld and Farense lead 2-0.

Could be a dark horse for the squad next month if it’s possible to call him up with the restrictions etc. 

Probably take a bigger squad for the three games this time round you’d expect. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Could be a dark horse for the squad next month if it’s possible to call him up with the restrictions etc. 

The Nations League has been very good for us - there is no denying that. Can you imagine last week being meaningless friendlies as would have been the case? However, it does bring up the problem of when do we get games to experiment and look at new players when each game is nearly always a competitive one?

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yeh would be good to see him called up but he's quite far down the pecking order as we have lots of central midfielders playing at a high level. Must have about 7 guys ahead of him at least. 

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh would be good to see him called up but he's quite far down the pecking order as we have lots of central midfielders playing at a high level. Must have about 7 guys ahead of him at least. 

That’s all very true. 

If it’s a squad of about 30 for the 3 games then he could have a chance, you never know with injuries etc by then too. And covid. 

25 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The Nations League has been very good for us - there is no denying that. Can you imagine last week being meaningless friendlies as would have been the case? However, it does bring up the problem of when do we get games to experiment and look at new players when each game is nearly always a competitive one?

IF we qualify for the Euros next summer, we will have two or three warm up games in May before the tournament starts?

This is what every country does isn’t it? We just haven’t had to do it since the 90s sadly! 

IF we qualify for the Euros next summer, we will have two or three warm up games in May before the tournament starts?

This is what every country does isn’t it? We just haven’t had to do it since the 90s sadly! 

Well I think that will happen even if we don't qualify. But the Nations League now has greatly eradicated friendlies and so reduces matches where we can really tinker with the team and look at untried options. As I said though I am not complaining as the Nations League has been very good for us.

Maybe return games against Peru and Mexico, still don't know why we went there.

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hate to be a spoilsport but Farense are bottom of the league and Gauld is nearly 25.

Yeh I don't really think he's ever going to be anything more than a squad filler at best. We have lots of good central midfielders who play at a high level plus guys like Gilmour and Turnbull coming through. It's very unlikely he ever becomes a first team regular for us. 

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

And Considine is 33 and proved he could do a job for us.

Yeh we are very short on decent centre backs who play at a high level. That's not the case with midfield and the future looks like we will continue to be strong in midfield. If you include Gilmour and Turnbull then there's about 9 guys ahead of gauld for the next 4 years. There would have to be a alot of injuries and suspensions and Gauld would have to playing very well for us to need to play him.