Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 225 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

An assist for Johnny Russell and a MoM in the MLS last night.

Puts him and Lewis Morgan in the top 7 players out of 372 that have played this season according to Who Scored which makes you wonder about the standard of the League.

I know a a lot of people don't like stats sites but it is good for comparing like with like.

Current SPL standings are

James Tavernier Rangers, 

Ryan Christie Celtic, 

Kevin Nisbet Hibernian, 

Ryan Kent Rangers, 

Callum McGregor Celtic,

Borna Barisic Rangers, 

Filip Helander Rangers

Hakeem Odoffin Hamilton

Odsonne Edouard Celtic,

Albian Ajeti Celtic, 

Would imagine the Hamilton keeper is there because he has had to make more saves than any one else.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

How do we fit in a maverick in our 3-5-2? Who gets left out? Fraser?

Either the attacking midfielder or one of the strikers.

It's great even having this discussion. The more options Clarke has, the better.

22 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Lewis Morgan is not a maverick and nowhere near the level of Ryan Fraser.

I'd say that he is.

I remember one match at u21 level were he tore the Holland right back to shreds. The right back was the aptly names, Dumfies.

22 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh thats true but he's still worth a place in the squad. Guys got some flair and attacking talent which we are sometimes short off. 

I'm hoping Mikey Johnston fully recovers from his injury problems be as he has the potential to be a match winner for us boy has so much talent

22 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Either the attacking midfielder or one of the strikers.

It's great even having this discussion. The more options Clarke has, the better.

I'd say that he is.

I remember one match at u21 level were he tore the Holland right back to shreds. The right back was the aptly names, Dumfies.

I've seen Morgan do the same at u21 level and Championship level with At Noreen but just never saw that enough when he moved up to SPL level. Admittedly didn't have many chances to shine but the chances he did have he never took them. Also just didn't cut it at Sunderland at all really, expected so much more from him down there at that level

28 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I'm hoping Mikey Johnston fully recovers from his injury problems be as he has the potential to be a match winner for us boy has so much talent

Yeah, Johnston's a player that we've not really mentioned lately. I know he's injured but when we've talked about younger players or those out injured I've forgotten him.

It's really pleasing to think of who we have now and who's on the fringes. They'll improve the squad if nothing else. Clarke makes us difficult to beat and then we add quality as they are ready!