Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 220 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

43 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Seen Nisbet at both the Pars and Raith and he was super impressive at that level. He also looks like he's lost about a stone, if not more in the SPFL. Looks in great shape and seems to have given him a bit more nimbleness about him.

Once any striker* drops out, I'm sure he'll be added to the squad and might even make his debut in the Czech Republic game.

*4/100 on its McBurnie :)

Theres an argument for Nisbet being called up now, he has scored more thank Shankland at the same level and its not like we are blessed with a wealth of goalscoring talent.

Mcburnie - questionable fitness and hardly any minutes on the pitch this season

Burke - not a goalscorer but perhaps he and one of shankland or nisbet could work well together.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

if he moves to Rangers and helps them win the uefa cup scoring repeatedly against some of the better defences in Europe that would def put him in contention.

And the award for worst post of the year not made by Rolling Pish or Chripper goes too .....

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

if he moves to Rangers and helps them win the uefa cup scoring repeatedly against some of the better defences in Europe that would def put him in contention.

I cannae see us converting Lionel Messi into being Scottish. That is who it would take to get Rangers anywhere near winning the UEFA Cup so your point is moot. 

In any case Nisbet is better than any Scottish striker Rangers has at present.

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Fraser and/or McBurnie drop out yet again from the squad, do we ever pick them again ?

I say naw.

Depends. If either of them is obviously injured, then yes, they should get another chance. Or if they both reach a point where they're doing so well in the EPL that we'd only be hurting ourselves by not selecting them, then, again, I'd still pick them.  But if one of them withdraws again with a weak, ambiguous excuse then no, sorry, it's getting a bit beyond a joke now.

18 minutes ago, JECK said:

In other news just getting up to date on Billy Gilmours recovery - now 4 weeks away according to Lampard.  

That's good. I cannot see him featuring for us until next year though. He'd yet to properly break into the squad prior to his injury and think Clarke feels he is well equipped in midfield as it is so has no need to rush Gilmour. I am in the other camp - any sign of ability get them in.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Its very hard for fans to truly judge a player like McTominay.  So much of what makes him a level up from other players, like McGregor, McLean etc etc is the speed that he sees and does things at. This isnt always apparent on TV. 

An average player can receive a ball, take a touch and pass it from A to B. (Which for talking sake it the correct pass) To the fan that player has done well however of the process has taken even 2 seconds longer than what a top player would do it in then it makes a huge difference to a team and their ability to move defences around and create chances.

Its the reason why you always hear stories about the top players at top clubs like Gerrard in his day, firing passes into a new player on day 1 of training as they know within a day whether they have what it takes or not.

McTominay is levels above any other Midfielder we have. Gilmour will be levels above McTominay if he continues the way he was prior to injury.

Sticks in my mind Fletchers first few caps for us, he would quite often ping in a great first time ball that would leave some of our players literally standing still staring at the ball as it ran out of play. The different speed of thought and awareness was quite ridiculous at times. When you think who Fletcher was training with day in and day out in the early 2000's,  then getting pitched in with some of our dross. ☹️

3 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Looks like Palmer was dropped by Sheffield Wednesday too...! But playing now due to an injury.

McKenna and Cooper both being out would be a blow.

He wouldn’t risk Porteous, so a back three of Tierney, Gallagher and McTominay might be what we have to play. 

Hanley or bates would probably be drafted in. I reckon we should give Porteous a try. Can't be worse than any of our other centre backs. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hanley or bates would probably be drafted in. I reckon we should give Porteous a try. Can't be worse than any of our other centre backs. 

Bates is meant to be injured too.

Hanley just back onto Norwich’s bench today after injury before lockdown? He might be the one to call up for a place on the bench if those two are out.

Mental.

Yeah I’d try Porteous over Gallagher.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Good display today by David Marshall pulling out a range of great saves for Derby as they leads 1-0 at Norwich.

According to the BBC Norwich manager Farke said, "their (Derby's) goalkeeper was man of the match and made an unbelievable save from Jordan Hugill.