Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 212 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’d much rather Burke displaced McBurnie (if good enough) because there’s no way we’re playing two upfront. 

Why shouldn't we play two up front by the way. We don't have one top all round striker so play two with different qualities that compliment each other. I've long thought our 1 striker approach is far too easy for opposing defenders to play against. We always played two up front before when we played 3 at the back in the 90s. Why do we insist on flooding our team with Midfielders, we have some mad belief we have an abundance of quality midfielders and need to squeeze them all in when really they are all just much the same good Premier League midfielders just pick 3 of them and play 2 up front

24 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Why shouldn't we play two up front by the way. We don't have one top all round striker so play two with different qualities that compliment each other. I've long thought our 1 striker approach is far too easy for opposing defenders to play against. We always played two up front before when we played 3 at the back in the 90s. Why do we insist on flooding our team with Midfielders, we have some mad belief we have an abundance of quality midfielders and need to squeeze them all in when really they are all just much the same good Premier League midfielders just pick 3 of them and play 2 up front

4-4-2

like Iceland did

50 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Not against that in theory - just that few club sides play an out and out 4-4-2 nowadays.

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

I endorse this post.

Especially since our lone striker has to feed on scraps. They're too busy running around like a like a headless chicken, even if they did get a chance, they'd be too knackered to take it.

If we played 2 up front during the times of Kenny Miller, he would've benefitted greatly with a strike partner to lighten the load.

We're light all the way through the middle, so it stands to reason that we use the "strength in numbers" method all through the middle.

Plus, if we play 2 up front it'll occupy the opposition's defence and midfield a lot more, making it a little easier for our midfield.

4 hours ago, bazmidd said:

No point in asking me, but it won’t happen. 

1 hour ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Harrison Ashby playing RIGHT BACK for west ham..

Hope he impresses.

Subbed after 70 minutes to give another youngster some game time.

Whoscored were pretty impressed with his stats for a pretty high 7.7. rating, impossible to read much into that though as it was pretty much an under 23's match with a couple of over age players in each team.(is this a Cariboo cup rule now}

I would say very promising for an 18 year old though and hopefully he will get a loan move or at least a seat on the West Ham bench.

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Subbed after 70 minutes to give another youngster some game time.

Whoscored were pretty impressed with his stats for a pretty high 7.7. rating, impossible to read much into that though as it was pretty much an under 23's match with a couple of over age players in each team.(is this a Cariboo cup rule now}

I would say very promising for an 18 year old though and hopefully he will get a loan move or at least a seat on the West Ham bench.

West Ham twitter saying he was subbed due to a hand injury

Pleasantly surprised and intrigued by this Ashby lad. Nonetheless I do have a nasty feeling that if he turns out to be half-decent that England will try and get him.

Arteta has said that Tierney's injury is nothing serious and that he was pulled from the Arsenal team the other day purely as a precaution.

At least he is getting his injuries better looked after at Arsenal as compared with the cavalier attitude they had at Celtic with their liberal use of pain relief injections.

It's nice that he mentions Scotland, without being prompted by the interviewer: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... ht-my-life

England already have a wealth of talent at right back, with TAA and Wan-Bisaka and now there's Lamptey. So even getting into the England side as a right back will be tricky.

England have been able to tempt Rice and Grealish back from Ireland (lol) but they failed with McTominay. And Man United fans can say what they want (6 months ago they were calling him potential world class, and now he's a Championship player), McTominay would walk into the England squad.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Pleasantly surprised and intrigued by this Ashby lad. Nonetheless I do have a nasty feeling that if he turns out to be half-decent that England will try and get him.

Arteta has said that Tierney's injury is nothing serious and that he was pulled from the Arsenal team the other day purely as a precaution.

At least he is getting his injuries better looked after at Arsenal as compared with the cavalier attitude they had at Celtic with their liberal use of pain relief injections.

Think he might have to be a mix of Cafu and McGrain to have a chance with England at the momemt. AA, Wan Bissaka, Trippier, Lamptey and even Kyle Walker are ahead of him ( also James of Chelsea possibly) 

As an aside, Snoddy played and scored. Know he's retired but still look out for him. Good player for us.

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54262348?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

Well we've moved quick to get him involved.