Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 211 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

yeah...that’s a gd shout. Get a year or two and hope  Nathan Patterson makes it... all other options are a handicap

Got to  start gambling with or younger players. Patterson is 19 next month holding him back a couple of years leaves you with an inexperienced 23 year old down the line. 

Have to start getting players involved at a younger age to avoid what has been happening for years if not decades now.

International team seems to have the same problem as our club sides- win at all cost with no long term plan.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Got to  start gambling with or younger players. Patterson is 19 next month holding him back a couple of years leaves you with an inexperienced 23 year old down the line. 

Have to start getting players involved at a younger age to avoid what has been happening for years if not decades now.

International team seems to have the same problem as our club sides- win at all cost with no long term plan.

100% yes.

There's a bunch of players from the u19s and even u17s that i'd look at and seriously consider calling up. And a couple from the u21's.

Too many of our seniors have proven that they are not international class. It's time to fast-track a few young players.

The current players must love playing for Scotland, as they never get the blame for a bad performance or a loss. Even if we had Klopp as the manage, and the awful performances and losses racked up, fans would still blame the manager and shield the players.

13 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Bit of play there leading to the penalty is the best I’ve seen Burke. 

Yep was going to post the exact same. He’s barely had a touch apart from that burst, it was a great bit of play though...makes you think there’s a top class player in there but I still highly doubt it. 

Horrific game to watch in general.

13 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Bit of play there leading to the penalty is the best I’ve seen Burke. 

Yeh was a nice bit of play from him. I seen him play some nice stuff at alaves but it wasnt often enough to justify a team forking out 10m or whatever wba would want for him. It would be good if he does well at Sheffield United and they bought him. 

2 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yep was going to post the exact same. He’s barely had a touch apart from that burst, it was a great bit of play though...makes you think there’s a top class player in there but I still highly doubt it. 

Horrific game to watch in general.

I have always said theres a player in there, if he could just get himself more involved in the play as most of the times I have watched him he just chases lost causes and never sees much of the ball. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh was a nice bit of play from him. I seen him play some nice stuff at alaves but it wasnt often enough to justify a team forking out 10m or whatever wba would want for him. It would be good if he does well at Sheffield United and they bought him. 

Burke signed for Sheffield Utd on a three year contract for an undisclosed fee.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have always said theres a player in there, if he could just get himself more involved in the play as most of the times I have watched him he just chases lost causes and never sees much of the ball. 

Sounds ideally suited to playing in a forward role for Scotland 

??? 

Bardsley Cooper tierney  Robertson

Burke   mctominay fleck    fraser 

Armstrong/mcginn

Mcburnie

An epl team that played this weekend apart from Tierney who was injured in the warm up of the arsenal game. 

Not the worst of teams imo, ain't much a fan of mcburnie so maybe pop dykes, shankland or even nesbitt up top and I would be happy with that line up. 

14 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

??? 

Bardsley Cooper tierney  Robertson

Burke   mctominay fleck    fraser 

Armstrong/mcginn

Mcburnie

An epl team that played this weekend apart from Tierney who was injured in the warm up of the arsenal game. 

Not the worst of teams imo, ain't much a fan of mcburnie so maybe pop dykes, shankland or even nesbitt up top and I would be happy with that line up. 

Not bad actually, but I'd say there is a couple of question marks about the goalie 

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Burke signed for Sheffield Utd on a three year contract for an undisclosed fee.

It was a swap deal with Callum Robinson with Sheffield United receiving a fee of about £1m on top.

I think when McBride is fit, Chris Wilder will play Burke and McBurnieb up front together.

Edited by Taylor1996

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If only we DID have a win at all cost attitude!  :lol: 

13 minutes ago, daviebee said:

If only we DID have a win at all cost attitude!  :lol: 

I think when you see 35 year olds touted for an international return that is a win at all costs attitude. Or when you persist with two awful right backs when just about any one with a right foot would be a better long term option.

Ok the players might not be showing a win at all cost attitude but if you start to get players earning 20-30 caps together things might change. 

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I think when you see 35 year olds touted for an international return that is a win at all costs attitude. Or when you persist with two awful right backs when just about any one with a right foot would be a better long term option.

Ok the players might not be showing a win at all cost attitude but if you start to get players earning 20-30 caps together things might change. 

Maybe Paul McGinn would be a better option at right-back, at least temporarily until our promising youngsters are ready?  And by ready I mean getting decent first-team action in Scotland or competing regularly against a higher level of player elsewhere.

I wouldn't have had Bardsley anywhere near our jersey in the first place.

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

It was a swap deal with Callum Robinson with Sheffield United receiving a fee of about £1m on top.

I think when McBride is fit, Chris Wilder will play Burke and McBurnieb up front together.

Correction:

Swap with Callum Robinson and Sheffield United received £3m.

Edited by Taylor1996