Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 207 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

59 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

When can we realistically expect Billy Gilmour to be back in action ?

I really think we ought to just throw this lad right in at the deep in end with regards the senior team. Forget the U21s. 

He may be young and very inexperienced but his skills already appear to be much better than a number of other Scotland midfielders who are older and more experienced than him. When he has played for Chelsea, he's appeared confident and positive, always going forward with the ball.

Get Gilmour right in there.

When it happened Lampard said three or four months, so, I'm guessing he'll be training next month or November.

He'll be back in action next year.

I don't care what age he is: Skill, speed of thought, technical ability, football intelligence, he is head and shoulders above all of the midfielders in the Scotland squad. Him and McTominay are a breed apart from played like Jack, McGregor, Christie, etc.

That's the thing. Whilst playing for Scotland, the level of his team mates tend to bring Robertson down to their level. The same might happen with Billy Gilmour. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

His grandad is Scottish on his mothers side. Early days but a right back would be nice if this lad can make it at West ham. 

Capped at U-19 level according to the West Ham website and being managed by our next coach.