Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 206 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

6 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

If he can do it in the premier league then he can do it against probably 90% of the international teams he'd come up against. A back 4 would be ideal, but still doesn't really solve the RB conundrum

Tierney played in a back 3 today not a back 4

On 9/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, romanticscot said:

This is going to be interesting to see how he does, I was surprised to see Clarke mention him for a call up, but for the fact he would have been quarantined.  If this form continues then a call up seems a formality.  I also forgot about Johnny Russell, not the paciest player but an alternative to Forrest on the right.    

Russel should have got a good few games years ago, probably not the answer now.

21 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree. Adding Fraser, McBurnie and Griffiths to the squad would be a big boost for our attacking options. 

Cunt, cunt, messed up head cunt

5 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Nice and he is right footed. 

Yay

51 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Russel should have got a good few games years ago, probably not the answer now.

He was another one whom Strachan frustratingly called up about eighteen months or two years later than he first should have.

See also Stuart Armstrong, Tom Cairney, Ryan Fraser, Callum McGregor. 

Of course Barry Bannan was his first name on the team-sheet back then. :rolleyes:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

19 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He probably is a shout at right back now also, that’s where he’s played the majority of his games in his career. 

Easy shout at right back ahead of the couple of players tagging along with the squad for that position. But then to me so is Callum Paterson despite the fact he never plays there at club level. Hopefully Clarke will start to see that.

Perhaps he played a back three when he realised how bad his two right backs were.

Back on topic.. With actual words.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mctominay-man-utd-bellingham-transfer-22649927

I said this a few weeks ago. If I were Ole i'd tell Matic to spend a season mentoring McTominay and I would tell McTominay to shadow everything that Matic does. Matic, in his prime, was top quality.

In United's system, the double-pivot is pretty much one of two positions that I can see McTominay being picked for. 

In an ideal world, McTominay would be an old fashioned number 8. A box-to-box Roy Keane or a Patrick Vieira figure. But United seem to be sticking with 4-2-3-1. Which would be fine if the 2 had a license to drift forward, but under Ole, they're pretty much archetypal anchormen.

5 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I did see him play for Celtic. I still think he will become a good player. 

Hopefully.

Scotland fans calling their certain players "crap", and using that as justification for then not to be called up. I'd suggest that those people watch the previous match again. We have players that look scared/confused by a football.

If being crap was a reason not to call up players, we wouldn't be able to field a full XI.

33 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Fleck and McBurnie starting for Sheffield United. Not started well, down 0-2 with 7 minutes to go.

Neither player really touched the ball.

Burke on bench.

McBurnies won 9 headers, that's more than any one else with their head. In fact I think that means he's touched the ball more with his head then his feet.

When can we realistically expect Billy Gilmour to be back in action ?

I really think we ought to just throw this lad right in at the deep in end with regards the senior team. Forget the U21s. 

He may be young and very inexperienced but his skills already appear to be much better than a number of other Scotland midfielders who are older and more experienced than him. When he has played for Chelsea, he's appeared confident and positive, always going forward with the ball.

Get Gilmour right in there.