Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 204 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

23 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

No. He linked an article of how Arteta used Tierney in a back three. JECK them commented, in depth, on 3-5-2.

I was replying to those posts.

Do you just ignore everyone else's posts and just focus on mine? Skybluescot brought up the formation thing, when he linked the article.

Turnbull should be in the squad. Period. If Billy Gilmour was fit and firing, he'd be in the under 21 squad. Wow, you are very much about the establishment, aren't you? That's like saying "Boris Johnson is the PM, so he knows better than everyone who isn't"

🤦‍♂️

I couldn’t give a shit about the other people that mentioned the formation as I think that conversation has been done to death.

I didn’t comment on the fact you mentioned 3-5-2. I was commenting on the fact that you were congratulating yourself on suggesting it 2 years ago. Am I  typing in Swahili here or something? I don’t think my point is that difficult to grasp. 

49 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

ON TOPIC:

McCrorie, Ferguson, McKenna and Porteous all played well today.

ON TOPIC:

Interestingly none of those guys apart from McKenna are in squad for next week.

Would you have any of the other three in ahead of who Clarke has picked? 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

ON TOPIC:

McKenna and Porteous were standouts today.

ON TOPIC:

(Sorry, Pete, if I reply directly, I'll be accused of taking the thread off-topic. From here on in, I won't reply.)

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Mccrorie and ferguson will need moves elsewhere to be considered for the scotland midfield.

Porteous isnt that great but we arent exactly blessed with talent in defence

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

ON TOPIC:

McKenna and Porteous were standouts today.

ON TOPIC:

(Sorry, Pete, if I reply directly, I'll be accused of taking the thread off-topic. From here on in, I won't reply.)

I’m not sure if discussing if the players you saw play today should be in the Scotland squad is off topic on this thread but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not sure if discussing if the players you saw play today should be in the Scotland squad is off topic on this thread but whatever. 

ON TOPIC:

McGregor also played.

ON TOPIC:

(Haven't you noticed that it's one rule for me, and another rule for everyone else)

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mccrorie and ferguson will need moves elsewhere to be considered for the scotland midfield.

I haven’t seen much of Ferguson but I have heard he can be a bit inconsistent. I don’t think he or McCrorie will be in the squad in the near future unless we have an injury crisis. 

Porteous on the other hand will probably get his chance sooner rather than later. Like you say, he’s not great (yet anyway - you never know what can happen when a defender matures) but if Cooper and/or McKenna get injured as they are prone to do we don’t have many other CBs to chose from. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Porteous is a diamond in the rough imo. He's rash but with experience I think he can turn into a decent centre back. 

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I haven’t seen much of Ferguson but I have heard he can be a bit inconsistent. I don’t think he or McCrorie will be in the squad in the near future unless we have an injury crisis. 

Porteous on the other hand will probably get his chance sooner rather than later. Like you say, he’s not great (yet anyway - you never know what can happen when a defender matures) but if Cooper and/or McKenna get injured as they are prone to do we don’t have many other CBs to chose from. 

Ferguson was a bigger asset to aberdeen than mckenna last season. Mckenna is looking slightly better this season but i still see ferguson as the one to make aberdeen money.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ferguson was a bigger asset to aberdeen than mckenna last season. Mckenna is looking slightly better this season but i still see ferguson as the one to make aberdeen money.

Wasn’t McKenna nearly away in a big money move before he got injured a while back?

Aberdeen will make a good profit on McCrorie in a few years. 

ON TOPIC: 

A day late: Kieran Tierney was solid yesterday. Arsenal are buying a center back, initially I thought that meant that Arsenel would switch to a back four, but maybe not, as Luiz can't play in a back four.

The Community Shield winner's medal is worth more than all of his medal haul for Celtic.. Combined.

As for Andrew Robertson, he was the only Liverpool player that was switched on. His team-mates looked like they were still on holiday.

ON TOPIC: 

16 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Wasn’t McKenna nearly away in a big money move before he got injured a while back?

Aberdeen will make a good profit on McCrorie in a few years. 

The mckenna 6m deal to villa? It was pish. Villa wanted him on trial first and if he impressed the rumoured fee was £6m

He still has great potential

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The mckenna 6m deal to villa? It was pish. Villa wanted him on trial first and if he impressed the rumoured fee was £6m

He still has great potential

That must have been it. I thought it might have been Celtic that were in for him but that might’ve been someone else. 

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That must have been it. I thought it might have been Celtic that were in for him but that might’ve been someone else. 

There were reports of celtic being interested but the reported figure was low 

10 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Looks like Ewan Urain Roy played today for Bilbao in a friendly. Can't work out much but the most exciting part is the Saltire on his Instagram page!

Must. Not. Get. Excited. About. A. Player. I. Know. Nothing. About...

Screenshot_20200830-225148_Chrome.jpg

It would be nice if one of our so called journalists could do their job. 

On 7/26/2020 at 1:27 AM, weekevie04 said:

A pal of a pal (Yes, sounds like shite already ; but he's a good guy and I take his word) anyway, his pal works at Arsenal (the pal's pal is Scottish too) and Tierney can't wait to get involved with the national team and says he felt a bit of pressure with the big move/wages to get fit for Arsenal, I whatsapped the pal of a pal 'will he play anywhere?' and the reply was 'He would play in goal for Scotland. He loves it.'

Let's hope it all works out in the playoffs results wise and we get to the Euros!

To be a pompous twat and quote myself ; but noticed the 3 laughing emojis at my original post.

"I'd play anywhere for my country,"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5988660/celtic-kieran-tierney-scotland-steve-clarke/

40 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

To be a pompous twat and quote myself ; but noticed the 3 laughing emojis at my original post.

"I'd play anywhere for my country,"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5988660/celtic-kieran-tierney-scotland-steve-clarke/

You're quite right, there's nothing wrong with a quick "Told you so".

He deserves the benefit of the doubt, as well as McBurnie, a player who always turned up for the under 21's.