Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 202 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Ferguson scores for Aberdeen, McCrorie playing right side of back three and looking composed and untroubled by pretty poor opposition. Good assist by Scott Wright. 

Hard to take anything from that game. I small confidence boost for the aberdeen players but no test for them. The opposition were shite

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I know there are usually groans when Gauld's mentioned but this is positive. He may never be another Messi but I'd like to see him come good.

Screenshot_20200828-203953_Chrome.jpg

I've got a feeling that next year we'll finally see Gauld make his long awaited Scotland debut.

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I've got a feeling that next year we'll finally see Gauld make his long awaited Scotland debut.

Yeah same, think it's eventually working out for him. Even if his team struggle a bit next season it looks like he is settled and playing well consistently.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:28 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

I hope you're right, but not sure I share your optimism. Like anyone else getting promoted into a top (decent) league, he's going to have to perform well. This will be the first time he's almost guaranteed to start every game, rather than trying to break into a team. Would love to see him succeed. 

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Interesting article on Tierney's position yesterday: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mikel-artetas-creativity-sees-unorthodox-22598748.amp

Could this work for us? Are we good enough to be adaptable? 

No problem for Tierney, the issue is all of Robertson’s best work comes from out wide also - a lot of tremendous crosses put in yesterday. Can’t see Robertson just being able to stay inside a lot to allow Tierney to bomb on. I think the only way to accommodate both is to play Tierney defensively in a centrally/left of a back 3 and Robertson in his usual role.

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

A formation chance was first mooted here October 12, 2018. It was met with almost complete derision and ridicule. It's kinda embarrassing that everyone else was two years behind the poster.

One guy has mentioned it I think. Most other people don’t want a formation change. 

Keep acting smug though. Folk like that on here. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

One guy has mentioned it I think. Most other people don’t want a formation change. 

Keep acting smug though. Folk like that on here. 

Oh really?

If I created a poll, asking that very question, I know which system would win

Folk on here don't like much. 

On topic:

Turnbull on bench for Celtic and Motherwell playing the system that shan't be mentioned, like three spl teams yesterday.

Edited by Taylor1996

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh really?

If I created a poll, asking that very question, I know which system would win

Folk on here don't like much. 

On topic:

Turnbull on bench for Celtic and Motherwell playing the system that shan't be mentioned, like three spl teams yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with the system you keep bleating on about if it suits the players you have at your disposal and the way the manager wants the team to play.

Motherwell will get pumped today I would imagine, regardless of what system they use. 

I’m not surprised Turnbull is on the bench but we’ll likely see him at some point. That doughball Lennon might even play him up front. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

There is nothing wrong with the system you keep bleating on about if it suits the players you have at your disposal and the way the manager wants the team to play.

Motherwell will get pumped today I would imagine, regardless of what system they use. 

I’m not surprised Turnbull is on the bench but we’ll likely see him at some point. That doughball Lennon might even play him up front. 

Not really in the mood to talk about it.

Agreed.

He might get 15 mins.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Not really in the mood to talk about it.

Agreed.

He might get 15 mins.

You brought it up for discussion. On the wrong thread right enough but you still brought it up.

Will be interesting to see if he can break into the starting 11 and stay there.

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You brought it up for discussion. On the wrong thread right enough but you still brought it up.

Will be interesting to see if he can break into the starting 11 and stay there.

No I didn't. Someone posted an article about Arteta's use of Tierney and someone else posted a subsequent reply.

Do people only notice it when I talk about it?

He will. Eventually. He hasn't got much competition. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

No I didn't. Someone posted an article about Arteta's use of Tierney and someone else posted a subsequent reply.

Are you suggesting celtics midfield is rubbish compared to an untested 21 year old who has only performed at spl level? 

Ntcham was linked with Porto, brown has played a massive part in their 9iar, christie averages a goal every 3 games including goals against lazio and rennes and callum mcgregor has been one of their best performers over the last 4 years. 

I am a big fan of Turnbull but he's still got alot to prove. Celtics midfield have proven they can win trophies and play well in Europe. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

You brought up how fantastic you were for suggesting it 2 years ago. 

Depends how good he really is I suppose. If he’s as good as Robinson says and Lennon hopes he is, why isn’t he in Clarke’s  squad? 

29 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You brought up how fantastic you were for suggesting it 2 years ago. 

Depends how good he really is I suppose. If he’s as good as Robinson says and Lennon hopes he is, why isn’t he in Clarke’s  squad? 

No. SkyBlueScot brought it up 4 hours ago when he linked an article and then he commented on it. My post was in reference that that post.

Look up.

Oh look. Hibs and Aberdeen are playing it.

I'd be surprised if he isn't in the first 11 by the end of September. He's the closest thing to a midfielder who can dictate play since Collins and McAllister.

Why? Because Clarke is a doofus. It's funny, I like Clarke when he was at WBA, but now... I have no faith in him.

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

A formation chance was first mooted here October 12, 2018. It was met with almost complete derision and ridicule. It's kinda embarrassing that everyone else was two years behind the poster.

Bazmidd suggested it in July 2018 and had plenty backers, I remember because I was one of those opposed and felt it looked like I was picking on him as he was a new poster.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Bazmidd suggested it in July 2018 and had plenty backers, I remember because I was one of those opposed and felt it looked like I was picking on him as he was a new poster.

SlayerX first mooted it (Before the board was handed over to new owners), in June 2016.

Regardless.

In this weekend of matches, half of the teams in the SPL have played it. 

But never mind.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Are you suggesting celtics midfield is rubbish compared to an untested 21 year old who has only performed at spl level? 

Ntcham was linked with Porto, brown has played a massive part in their 9iar, christie averages a goal every 3 games including goals against lazio and rennes and callum mcgregor has been one of their best performers over the last 4 years. 

I am a big fan of Turnbull but he's still got alot to prove. Celtics midfield have proven they can win trophies and play well in Europe. 

Turnbull is a better footballer than any of those players