Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 198 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

5 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Exactly, he has done himself no favours at all. If he had played, he could have kept his team up and probably got a bonus plus a better move.

Not really the point i was making

Theyre not much bigger than bournemouth nowadays. They been around longer in the top tiers but theure not much better than bournemouth.

Palace is a shit move for fraser compared to who he was linked with. 

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Theyre not much bigger than bournemouth nowadays. They been around longer in the top tiers but theure not much better than bournemouth.

Glad someone agrees

12 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

That Bobby Allain (he's the guy who wants to play for us isn't he?) Started for Olympiakos tonight against Wolves.  According to wikipedia he's only started 3 games this season so not sure if the regular goalie is injured.

At fault for the Wolves goal by the sound of it. Not sure what the script is with first choice keeper unless he was injured played one and game and got injured again. Wikipedia needs updated I think

Edited by ceudmilefailte

14 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

That Bobby Allain (he's the guy who wants to play for us isn't he?) Started for Olympiakos tonight against Wolves.  According to wikipedia he's only started 3 games this season so not sure if the regular goalie is injured.

Ex-Clyde laddie. Seemingly had a howler but it’s one game I suppose. The first choice is injured and still not back for the next game.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Maybe "shit" compared with Arsenal as per last summer's rumours, and not as good as the latest Everton speculation, but a fuck load better than Bournemouth in terms of stature and wages.

7 hours ago, WCTA said:

Ex-Clyde laddie. Seemingly had a howler but it’s one game I suppose. The first choice is injured and still not back for the next game.

Watched that game. He was badly at fault with the Wolves goal, terrible first touch and then should have stayed in his goal rather than bring down the Wolves player.

Had a few decent saves after that ( outstanding on in second half) but looked very dodgy on crosses.

Think he's played quite a few matches in Greece after the restart.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, wee-toon-red said:

Maybe "shit" compared with Arsenal as per last summer's rumours, and not as good as the latest Everton speculation, but a fuck load better than Bournemouth in terms of stature and wages.

Bournemouth and Palace arent even comparable in terms of stature and fanbase...absolutely mental that anyone would think it's not a 'step up'

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Bournemouth and Palace arent even comparable in terms of stature and fanbase...absolutely mental that anyone would think it's not a 'step up'

Palace are my least favourite team. Total nothing of a club who have never won anything and never will. All they do is get in the way of other teams with "stature and a fanbase". File alongside Southampton, Watford, Brighton and Burnley as uninspiring and just plain annoying.

Struggle to name a decent Scottish player between the lot of them.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Palace are my least favourite team. Total nothing of a club who have never won anything and never will. All they do is get in the way of other teams with "stature and a fanbase". File alongside Southampton, Watford, Brighton and Burnley as uninspiring and just plain annoying.

What an ignorant thing to say.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Southampton have won the FA cup and Armstrong is now a pivotal part of their team

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'm the same, when I notice the live sky sports game involves Palace I just completely lose interest. Total nonentity of a team!

Edited by todd

29 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Southampton have won the FA cup and Armstrong is now a pivotal part of their team

Really meant historically regarding the players but fair point and they have won a cup.

Basically I'm a bitter 50 something who wants Forest and Leeds in the top flight.

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

As usual as statement with no explanation.

Every team has a history, it's great players, a stadium with a character of it's own. To start throwing around the "nothing of a club" pish is the mark a snob who's proud of their ignorance.

Clubs like Hamilton Accies, East Fife and Arbroath may not really grip my interest but I respect that to their supporters they mean the world to them. So I'd never make a such a stupid statement as to call one of them a "nothing of a club". 

Btw did you not know that Burnley have won the top flight twice, played in the European Cup during it's early years?

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Every team has a history, it's great players, a stadium with a character of it's own. To start throwing around the "nothing of a club" pish is the mark a snob who's proud of their ignorance.

Clubs like Hamilton Accies, East Fife and Arbroath may not really grip my interest but I respect that to their supporters they mean the world to them. So I'd never make a such a stupid statement as to call one of them a "nothing of a club". 

Btw did you not know that Burnley have won the top flight twice, played in the European Cup during it's early years?

Fair enough, but I still don't like Palace.

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Got to respect every fan of the so called smaller clubs, especially ones who are based near the big teams. It's easy for glory hunters to support teams who win most of their games.

Hats off to the ones who follow the likes of Clyde, Brechin, Rochdale, Crewe etc.

6 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Got to respect every fan of the so called smaller clubs, especially ones who are based near the big teams. It's easy for glory hunters to support teams who win most of their games.

Hats off to the ones who follow the likes of Clyde, Brechin, Rochdale, Crewe etc.

And Dundee....

:ph34r:

:D

Edited by fringo