Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 196 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

48 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Currently Ryan Fulton has conceded 4 goals, yet has been Hamilton’s best player. I say this as he used to be our u21 keeper and I think he looks very capable..

He was on Liverpool's books for a while, wasn't he? I remember him doing pretty well on loan in the English lower leagues too a few seasons ago. I know he's been injured but even before that he didn't feature much for Hamilton, which is surprising going by his performance today. 

39 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

19 year old josh Doig breaking into the hibs team looks an exciting prospect , capped at u18 level for Scotland and tipped to be the next andy Robertson after his loan spell at Queen’s Park . Defo one to keep an eye on 

What? Another left back, joy😁

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

He was on Liverpool's books for a while, wasn't he? I remember him doing pretty well on loan in the English lower leagues too a few seasons ago. I know he's been injured but even before that he didn't feature much for Hamilton, which is surprising going by his performance today. 

Yeah, he was at Liverpool. A right big lad now, and he made some pretty impressive saves. 5 goals in the end but it could have been 10. I’ll wager he’ll make Hamilton a fair few quid if they’ve got him on a long contract.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Toepoke said:

FA Cup winners medal for KT, not many Scots have picked those up recently. 

Unbelievably in 2013 Wigan had Maloney and McArthur in the starting line-up, and Caldwell and Fyvie as non-playing subs.

The other ex-Hamilton player that day doesn't count as Scottish.

54 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Unbelievably in 2013 Wigan had Maloney and McArthur in the starting line-up, and Caldwell and Fyvie as non-playing subs.

Fyvie was previously the last player to do a cup double in Scotland and England.  Tierney has now ruined that great bit of trivia :mad:

58 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Even more unbelievable is that Maloney had 10 total years at Celtic and didn't win one Scottish Cup. Yet Fyvie did..at Hibs!

21 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Taking this on a wee bit, when was the last season that two Scottish players won a EPL league medal and an FA cup in the same season ( Robertson and Tierney)

Think it is Darren Fletcher but who for different teams?

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Taking this on a wee bit, when was the last season that two Scottish players won a EPL league medal and an FA cup in the same season ( Robertson and Tierney)

1990... Hansen and maybe Nicol at Liverpool, McClair at Man U ?

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

94-95? - Colin Hendry (League), Duncan Ferguson (FA Cup)

Oliver Burke played his part in helping Alaves stay up. Nice assist for a goal in a 2-1 away win at Real Betis in the second last game to clinch it. They got pumped 5-0 by Barca in the last game but so could anybody 😂. Still contracted to West Brom for 2 seasons. Where might he end up? Another loan? Apparently a baby on the way so you would imagine he would want to be settled; possibly not abroad again? Unless West Brom are minded to include him again?

10 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Oliver Burke played his part in helping Alaves stay up. Nice assist for a goal in a 2-1 away win at Real Betis in the second last game to clinch it. They got pumped 5-0 by Barca in the last game but so could anybody 😂. Still contracted to West Brom for 2 seasons. Where might he end up? Another loan? Apparently a baby on the way so you would imagine he would want to be settled; possibly not abroad again? Unless West Brom are minded to include him again?

Hopefully he can stay in Spain, if he’s doing ok. I just hope he can learn to be a striker. He can definitely finish, it’s the movement part that he struggles with. Not sure why - he can afford to stay on side and still skin just about anyone for pace. Gauld would get the best out of him! 

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Hopefully he can stay in Spain, if he’s doing ok. I just hope he can learn to be a striker. He can definitely finish, it’s the movement part that he struggles with. Not sure why - he can afford to stay on side and still skin just about anyone for pace. Gauld would get the best out of him! 

Tierney would get the best out of him with that ball over the top of the right bac. He's obviously no Aubameyang but with his pace it's an interesting option 😂. Not complicated but worked a treat for Arteta recently.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Tierney would get the best out of him with that ball over the top of the right bac. He's obviously no Aubameyang but with his pace it's an interesting option 😂. Not complicated but worked a treat for Arteta recently.

That’s true, certainly, his passes were superb.  Gauld is also master of the defence splitting pass , at least at SPL level. Burke is very good at one v ones with a keeper. 

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Didn't Joe Bryan play for one of the Scottish youth teams? I remember when he moved to Fulham there was some talk of that although he's yet another left back.

Joe Bryan was once called up for our U21s whilst at Bristol City but ultimately never played.

After he first moved to Fulham he said in an interview that he hoped the move would help him realise his "dream" of playing for England. 

Next !

17 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Tom Cairney back to the premiership, does he still play for us or did he decide not to anymore? i canny remember

He never quit playing for us but the thing is that we just don't need him now. Too many players ahead of him and other young players starting to emerge too.

I was a fan of Cairney's and was often frustrated at Strachan's continually ignoring him. Unfortunately, Strachan waited far too late to introduce him to international football.