Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 195 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

7 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Anything is better than nothing..

When the team that finished 3rd last season is paying an average wage of about 40k a year, any way of redistribution of wealth would help them greatly...

The distribution of the money is already quite fair imo, you can't have the team finishing 2nd getting the same as 9th. The prize money is that small that it's barely going to make a difference when it comes to challenging the old firm. 

I agree that anything is better than nothing but I don't see it making any kind of serious change. 

13 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Do you think 11-1 is democratic, or the best way to vote on footballing matters?

No its not very democratic but I don't see how changing it to 9-3 would make a difference to the old firm dominating which is what the previous poster implied.

I would happy see it change to 9-3. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

The distribution of the money is already quite fair imo, you can't have the team finishing 2nd getting the same as 9th. The prize money is that small that it's barely going to make a difference when it comes to challenging the old firm. 

I agree that anything is better than nothing but I don't see it making any kind of serious change. 

That extra cash is multiple times more important to Motherwell than it ever will be to Celtic...

Because it helps to alleviate the hugely unlevel playing field...it says a lot at the lengths the old firm go to protect it

Edited by 0Neils40yarder

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

That extra cash is multiple times more important to Motherwell than it ever will be to Celtic...

...we're going round the houses here...do you think 11-1 style of voting is a fair system? 

I never said it wasn't, what I said was it wouldn't allow motherwell or any other club to challenge the old firm. 

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I never said it wasn't, what I said was it wouldn't allow motherwell or any other club to challenge the old firm. 

Any money would help fill that void...I can't remember what year the splitting of gates was changed to the home team keeping it, but something tells me the early 80s...

...when was the last time any team out with the old firm won the league?

45 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Once fit Tierney did really well for Arsenal. Think he'll be huge for them next season and will set up loads of goals for Aubameyang if he stays.

Also playing in the back 3 a fair bit so that remains an option for the national team if Clarke wants to go back down that route.

He wasn't great at Chelsea's goal, but other than that he was solid...his distribution from the back was outstanding as well

Interesting to compare the old firm this weekend. Celtic have 6 Scots on the pitch but Rangers the normal 2. However, on the bench Celtic have none but Rangers 4. (I know there are injuries).

Be interesting to see how the extra subs has an impact and players like Mayo, Henderson (what's happened to him?) Etc get on the pitch.