Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 188 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04
8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

england had a similar system at euro 96...  they played a back three of Adams, Pearce and Neville, so two full backs and one orthodox centre half.  Pearce and Neville would take turns to bomb forward and ince or Southgate would drop in to protect.  Their wingbacks were wingers... Anderton and mcmanaman.  

my temptation would be to play a 3-6-1 to accommodate all our midfielders with two half backs and two inside forwards to support the centre forward. 

Something like....

marshall

Hanley.   McKenna.  Tierney

armstrong.     Mctominay. Mcgregor.     Robertson

Mcginn.    Fraser

Mcburnie 

I really like the look of that.

this would be the way I would do it though in a 3-52 formation 

Marshall 

-McKenna-Cooper-Tierney-

Forrest-McGinn-Jack-McGregor-Robertson

Griffiths-McBurnie

- Armstrong could be as good at RWB aswell so would have no issue over Forrest, but Forrest actually plays as a RWB regularly for us so has experience there

- I’m doubtful Griffiths could be fit for the games personally, so if he isn’t Shankland would come in for me. 

- It’s either Jack or McTominay for me at CDM but since jack looked good as a partnership with McGregor I went with him. But again if he’s choosing over Jack then I have zero issues like the Forrest/Armstrong comparison at RWB. 

- Wanted to also point out I’m not seeing Liam Coopers name mentioned much, won the championship with Leeds, captain for them. Absolutely brilliant CB. For me our best and should walk into our Centre Back line up. 

Edited by ElChris04

21 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I really like the look of that.

this would be the way I would do it though in a 3-52 formation 

Marshall 

-McKenna-Cooper-Tierney-

Forrest-McGinn-Jack-McGregor-Robertson

Griffiths-McBurnie

- Armstrong could be as good at RWB aswell so would have no issue over Forrest, but Forrest actually plays as a RWB regularly for us so has experience there

- I’m doubtful Griffiths could be fit for the games personally, so if he isn’t Shankland would come in for me. 

- It’s either Jack or McTominay for me at CDM but since jack looked good as a partnership with McGregor I went with him. But again if he’s choosing over Jack then I have zero issues like the Forrest/Armstrong comparison at RWB. 

- Wanted to also point out I’m not seeing Liam Coopers name mentioned much, won the championship with Leeds, captain for them. Absolutely brilliant CB. For me our best and should walk into our Centre Back line up. 

If fraser is fit and committed, forrest gets nowhere near that side. I think we will be lucky to see griffiths play for scotland again.

Guest ElChris04
Just now, vanderark14 said:

If fraser is fit and committed, forrest gets nowhere near that side. I think we will be lucky to see griffiths play for scotland again.

Fraser is a left winger, even if fit and committed your not putting him as a RWB/RM over natural right sided players of Forrest or Armstrong.

as for griffiths, I’d personally be planing games without him. 

40 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

In a 5 ATB formation I’d have either Forrest or Armstrong as the RWB. 

Forrest played and is playing as a wingback formation for us at Celtic currently and abeit he’s better as a winger he does that position very very well, especially tracking back. Armstrong @er yir macaroon mentioned could also be good with the reasons mentioned. 

but whatever happens I seriously hope Tierney is not played there, you’d be forcing a natural left footed player who absolutely hates playing on his right foot and has expressed it and depriving him of what he is good at, It wouldn’t make sense whatsoever, and like I said I’d even have Robertson over at RWB over him due to swapping with Alexander-Arnold during periods of each game and even he has more experience and that’s saying something.

It takes away that ability Tierney can bring if he can play as a LWB or for me the LCB. 

I don’t understand the tierney attraction at right back at all.  

I was referring to a four at the back formation there (Tierney wouldn't be suitable to playing as a right wing-back, I agree).

Nae idea why my post came out all in bold though. 🤦‍♂️

Guest ElChris04
4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I was referring to a four at the back formation there (Tierney wouldn't be suitable to playing as a right wing-back, I agree).

Nae idea why my post came out all in bold though. 🤦‍♂️

Ahh fair enough, and happens to the best of us ahaha. 

Guest ElChris04

anyone heard much of this keeper, eligible through his Scottish mother, and Byron Hutchison seems full of praise for him. 

also seems very keen to be called up to Scotland, just a few clips from an article, can’t link as it’s his behind paywall. But a very interesting read, just google his name and the article will pop up. Maybe worth keeping an eye on. 

B0850620-EF30-456C-AE5D-38D1DBF9609F.jpeg

3BC14C07-43C3-474D-A95A-4195537386F1.jpeg

25 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Fraser is a left winger, even if fit and committed your not putting him as a RWB/RM over natural right sided players of Forrest or Armstrong.

as for griffiths, I’d personally be planing games without him. 

Fraser is a right or left winger. He is right footed and a naturally right sided player.

Forrest wouldnt even be in my squad if fraser, armstrong and christie were fit

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fraser is a right or left winger. He is right footed and a naturally right sided player.

Forrest wouldnt even be in my squad if fraser, armstrong and christie were fit

I have criticised forrest for years but he more than deserves his place in the squad. We wouldn't have this play off to look forward to if it wasn't for his hatrick. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have criticised forrest for years but he more than deserves his place in the squad. We wouldn't have this play off to look forward to if it wasn't for his hatrick. 

I think there are three players who would do a better job than him on the right wing. What he did in the playoffs is irrelevant. He has been pish for 90% of his scotland career. 

Guest ElChris04
50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

*Forrest wouldnt even be in my squad if fraser, armstrong and christie were fit*

Fraser has been a left sided player since his breakthrough at Bournemouth, add that his best games too. 

and that’s probably why Steve Clarke is the gaffer and not you.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

anyone heard much of this keeper, eligible through his Scottish mother, and Byron Hutchison seems full of praise for him. 

also seems very keen to be called up to Scotland, just a few clips from an article, can’t link as it’s his behind paywall. But a very interesting read, just google his name and the article will pop up. Maybe worth keeping an eye on. 

Was about to say "who is Byron Hutchison" but looking through his Twitter he is incredibly well informed. Should post on here. On Bobby if he is playing in France or Greece, well worth a look in September matches. Cracking attitude.

14 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Fraser has been a left sided player since his breakthrough at Bournemouth, add that his best games too. 

and that’s probably why Steve Clarke is the gaffer and not you.

Try to not get upset when someone disagrees with you. I dont rate forrest for scotland and never have. 

Fraser plays a lot on the left, i havent denied that but he has also played on the right. In my opinion he is better than forrest, i also believe armstrong and christie are better playrs for scotland. Deepite being out of position i believe theyd both play better than forreat

Forrest isnt the same player when he pulls on a scotland shirt.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

Never heard of him probably best to wait and see how he does in the Champions League next season🤞

Certain ratings site had him as a well above average keeper in Ligue 1 last season for his 13 games.

Been substituted late on in his last two games (3 goals up in each) and Olympiacos have let a goal in after in both.

Back to Who scored and he has that lovely "Player has no significant weaknesses" comment which is rare in a keeper.

Good to have a Greek team to support

Brilliant on the bench tonight

Edited by ceudmilefailte

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Try to not get upset when someone disagrees with you. I dont rate forrest for scotland and never have. 

Fraser plays a lot on the left, i havent denied that but he has also played on the right. In my opinion he is better than forrest, i also believe armstrong and christie are better playrs for scotland. Deepite being out of position i believe theyd both play better than forreat

Forrest isnt the same player when he pulls on a scotland shirt.

Upset? Merely pointing out the obvious, Relevancy for games that happened donkeys ago when Forrest was back then incredibly inconsistent do not effect his current form now that he’s in his most consistent and best years.

Forrest’s inconsistently early in his career when he was still getting caps for Scotland is no denying where not good enough, but Judging him on caps that where many years ago mean nothing. 

Looking back to the last campaign before the WC qualifiers, How many players actually performed for Scotland over the nations league? I can remember James Forrest and now retired Allan McGregor being the 2 standouts. 

And without Forrest, we would have no playoff. And with his continuation of his form with 10 goals and 12 assists the season gone and his performances against teams like lazio, it would be absolutely mental to ignore him over out of position players like Christie/Fraser. 

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Never heard of him probably best to wait and see how he does in the Champions League next season🤞

Certain ratings site had him as a well above average keeper in Ligue 1 last season for his 13 games.

Been substituted late on in his last two games (3 goals up in each) and Olympiacos have let a goal in after in both.

Back to Who scored and he has that lovely "Player has no significant weaknesses" comment which is rare in a keeper.

Good to have a Greek team to support

Brilliant on the bench tonight

Well said mate, looks promising, definitely have a reason to now follow the Greek League Ahaha. 

33 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Upset? Merely pointing out the obvious, Relevancy for games that happened donkeys ago when Forrest was back then incredibly inconsistent do not effect his current form now that he’s in his most consistent and best years.

Forrest’s inconsistently early in his career when he was still getting caps for Scotland is no denying where not good enough, but Judging him on caps that where many years ago mean nothing. 

Looking back to the last campaign before the WC qualifiers, How many players actually performed for Scotland over the nations league? I can remember James Forrest and now retired Allan McGregor being the 2 standouts. 

And without Forrest, we would have no playoff. And with his continuation of his form with 10 goals and 12 assists the season gone and his performances against teams like lazio, it would be absolutely mental to ignore him over out of position players like Christie/Fraser. 

Forrest FOR SCOTLAND, is different to the one we see playing for celtic. He just doesnt do it with the exception of two games. Thats not enough to grant him a place in any starting 11 in my opinion. Since that playoff he was garbage again, we have better players who are playing at a mich higher level

I am judging forrest on his ganes in a scotland shirt, nothing more..

The performance of other players isnt relevant to forrest but i will happily discuss them if you want. It still wint change the fact forrest is not the same playet when he plays for scotland. I dont believe his heart is in it. 

As i have said repeatedly, when it comes to forrest, his club form means sweet FA because he doesnt replicate that form for scotland

3 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Definitely worth keeping an eye on if he can hold down a place for a team  like Olympiacos. 

On 7/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Just looked up the facts there on Alexander.

He was 30 when he made his debut against Nigeria back in 2002. Ended up with 40 caps by the time he was last called up in 2009. It helped that he could play right or left back and defensive midfield. Shame he never got the chance to take one of his famous penalties for us.

Also without doubt one of the proudest guys to have played for Scotland this century and a first rate professional too.

Loved him, great attitude, wish we had a few more like him. Never let us down.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think there are three players who would do a better job than him on the right wing. What he did in the playoffs is irrelevant. He has been pish for 90% of his scotland career. 

Correct hes fucking dire for Scotland