Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 185 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Did McFadden ever score for Scotland from a dead ball situation?

i dont remember him doing this  he even missed a penalty v Iceland IIRC. 

still the most exciting player ive seen this century,

1 minute ago, stocky said:

i dont remember him doing this  he even missed a penalty v Iceland IIRC. 

still the most exciting player ive seen this century,

I don't count that as a penalty miss. The goalie saved it. It was a shyte penalty right enough, but I only count it as a miss if he puts it past the post.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I don't count that as a penalty miss. The goalie saved it. It was a shyte penalty right enough, but I only count it as a miss if he puts it past the post.

Very nervy game that was. Iceland probably did deserve a point in all honesty but of course we just about managed to hold on for the win.

33 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Very nervy game that was. Iceland probably did deserve a point in all honesty but of course we just about managed to hold on for the win.

You've been listening to too many English commentators. We did manage to hold on for the win, no "just about" about it.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Nah, I think it's fairly obvious the wee Baz told him what to do. Not many folk have got the football brain to come up with that one. 

Never been able to watch any highlights of that Italy match. In a lifetime of hope and despair watching Scotland that to me is right at the top. Lots of others jockeying for the minor places though. 

11 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Never been able to watch any highlights of that Italy match. In a lifetime of hope and despair watching Scotland that to me is right at the top. Lots of others jockeying for the minor places though. 

As sad as this might sound, that full week was brilliant right up until that fucking header, going into work Monday morning was absolutely grim, and not just because I worked in a Glasgow call centre at the time!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He never scored, therefore a miss.

Keepers never get enough credit for saving penalties. Sometimes sclaffs are harder to save than good shots. :lol:

It was on target so it wasn't a "miss". Just not a very good hit.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just seeing how Jack Harper is getting on in Spain, at his loan club. Seems he hasn't even been in a matchday squad since the end of last November!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-harper/leistungsdaten/spieler/147524

2 seasons ago we were talking about David Bates in the Bundesliga, Jack Harper in La liga and Liam Henderson in Serie A. Pretty sure all of them have seen their last chance of call ups.

Liam Henderson dd manage two games in Serie A I suppose.

As some one said, one in twenty is probably a good return for prospects who move abroad or to bigger teams in the UK