Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 179 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

9 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I know domestic football talk is a no-no but you can't help but wonder what will happen to Celtic at the end of this season. There may be a few hanging on for the 10 in a row and then you wonder what Forrest, McGregor and Christie will do. Can't imagine them moving this summer.

I can imagine Christie getting a move at some stage, possibly McGregor too. Forrest is probably past that stage in his career now though.

9 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Turnbull is (at least by me and Michael Stewart). Hickey could well be a player. Johnston has the skill of a top player, although he isn’t one yet. 

None of those guys are tipped for big things, guys like foden, Greenwood, Gilmour are guys tipped for big things. Turnbull is linked with Stoke and other championship clubs. Hickey has been linked with big clubs but he would be instantly chucked into their youth setups if he went to the likes of man City. Imo that isn't being tipped for big things. Johnston is doing quite well for celtic but it's not like big clubs are circling him either, hes likely to be the next James forrest. 

I like those three mentioned and I have relatively high hopes for them but let's not kid ourselves that they are destined for the big clubs, that is highly unlikely. 

8 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

You don't think those players are tipped for big things?

If we are talking about playing first team football for top European clubs then yes none of them are tipped to do that imo. 

The only Scottish spfl player that has been tipped for that while being in Scotland in recent years was tierney. 

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

If we are talking about playing first team football for top European clubs then yes none of them are tipped to do that imo. 

The only Scottish spfl player that has been tipped for that while being in Scotland in recent years was tierney. 

I wonder if Andy Robertson was ever tipped for big things...

...I can only tell you what I know about Turnbull, but in my opinion, he can go anywhere he wants in football, given his abilities.

21 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I know domestic football talk is a no-no but you can't help but wonder what will happen to Celtic at the end of this season. There may be a few hanging on for the 10 in a row and then you wonder what Forrest, McGregor and Christie will do. Can't imagine them moving this summer.

Forrest will go nowhere as he is shite. Never been any major interest for him for a reason.

18 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Bardsley playing at Anfield against Robbo. Has Clarke actually asked Bardsley the question? Maybe Robbo could today.

It is well worth it IMO as it is a real problem position.

Hes about 80

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I wonder if Andy Robertson was ever tipped for big things...

...I can only tell you what I know about Turnbull, but in my opinion, he can go anywhere he wants in football, given his abilities.

Whats he got to do with things, I only pointed out that if burke was in the spfl he wouldn't be tipped for big things, I also pointed out that currently no spfl players are tipped for big things which is true. 

Turnbull isn't tipped for big things, if he was then a bigger club than Stoke would be looking to buy him. Hes a good prospect but the chance of him playing for a top club are slim. 

Edited by mccaughey85

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

And Islam Feruz................................................

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Whats he got to do with things, I only pointed out that if burke was in the spfl he wouldn't be tipped for big things, I also pointed out that currently no spfl players are tipped for big things which is true. 

Turnbull isn't tipped for big things, if he was then a bigger club than Stoke would be looking to buy him. Hes a good prospect but the chance of him playing for a top club are slim. 

You’re failing to follow the logic here... 

25 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

You’re failing to follow the logic here... 

What logic is that? Burke is 23 and doesn't look like he's going to make it in a top league. He's looked ineffective any time I watched him for alaves. He might still make it big but time is running out. 

Leeds all but up so Liam Cooper and Barry Douglas are two more Scots in premier league (unless Douglas gets sold again like he did at Wolves).

Think Douglas is a very decent left back but obviously playing in stacked position so would just come in if Tierney and Robbo are injured.

I don't really rate Cooper and think he'll be massively found out in premier league given how slow he is but at least that's a CB potentially playing week in week out in premier league and that's as rare as hens teeth these days.