Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 177 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No idea. I only saw he was subbed

Same here. I wasn't paying close attention but I think the commentator suggested it was a calculated risk playing him or letting him stay on at half time. Could be wrong though.

I only just switched over so like you, I don't know how he played up to that point.

4 minutes ago, fringo said:

Same here. I wasn't paying close attention but I think the commentator suggested it was a calculated risk playing him or letting him stay on at half time. Could be wrong though.

I only just switched over so like you, I don't know how he played up to that point.

How he played, well thats easy. Take yer pick pal.

1. He is fucking shite and hates scotland

2. He plays in the epl therefore is better than every other striker we have. Apparently you will be an idiot if you disagree.

3. He is a prick

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

2. He plays in the epl therefore is better than every other striker we have. Apparently you will be an idiot if you disagree.

3. He is a prick

Can we choose more than one? 😂

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

3. He is a prick

Tbf no one has ever said no.2 apart from that chripper guy. 

Edited by mccaughey85

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Mctominay on the bench again and Gilmour now injured. At least we have options in that area. 

I think man utd are clicking without mctominay so it will be hard for him to keep his regular place in that midfield but man utd have lots of games so he will still get plenty of game time dependent on injuries and how well he plays. Hopefully Gilmours injury is nothing serious. 

Our strength in midfield is great and Armstrong is seriously looking like a top epl midfielder, it's a shame he's not 24 as top clubs would be looking at him if he were imo. The way he's playing right now he must be in contention for a starting place for these upcoming games. 

21 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Gilmour to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury . Hopefully be recovered come September 

Lampard said today he's out for 3/4 months so wouldn't be available for play offs if the plan is to play those games in September or October?

With Mctominay benched and Gilmour injured we really need likes of Mcgregor and Jack to hit the ground running when the season starts. They might not be first picks for most but they played together in the last qualifiers and in terms of playing more of a holding midfield role and taking the ball from defence there aren’t many others who can play that role. 

On 7/8/2020 at 8:34 PM, vanderark14 said:

3. He is a prick

3 is an absolute stick on but he certainly isn’t the first nor will he be the last player we’ve had in that category.😂🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I’m hoping this lockdown may actually have benefitted McGregor, excellent player on his day but that last year or so he often looked  on the edge of total burn out. 

Yeah, I think it will have been good for him and Forrest getting a good break for the first time in years. 

4 hours ago, bigfingers said:

With Mctominay benched and Gilmour injured we really need likes of Mcgregor and Jack to hit the ground running when the season starts. They might not be first picks for most but they played together in the last qualifiers and in terms of playing more of a holding midfield role and taking the ball from defence there aren’t many others who can play that role. 

Don’t worry about McTominay he’ll get plenty games. I was coming round to the idea that the play offs were too early for Gilmour. I’d play McGregor, but his is the place under threat from Gilmour long term.

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Oliver Burke getting the start for Alaves tonight against Real Madrid at Alfredo Di Stefano. Kicking off in 7mins on La Liga TV if anyone interested.

Didn't see the game, how'd he do? 

On the OneFootball app he was the 18th best player. It's extraordinary that we have a player playing against Real Madrid and the like and we only pick him as we're really struggling for strikers (which isn't even his best position).

7 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Didn't see the game, how'd he do? 

On the OneFootball app he was the 18th best player. It's extraordinary that we have a player playing against Real Madrid and the like and we only pick him as we're really struggling for strikers (which isn't even his best position).

Well, 18th out of 22 ain’t brilliant.