Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 172 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Callum Wilson is a terrific player. That said, Griffiths when fully fit and ready is a very good striker, and still our number one. I’m still hopeful over Hornby, and Burke is at least playing that role regularly at the highest level of the game. 

I wouldn't say callum Wilson is terrific, his goal record in the epl isnt particularly impressive but he does score a few for a relegation battler. He scored lots at lower level English football and is probably similar standard to Griffiths imo. Having watched a bit of burke for alaves its clear he isn't a striker, he will be a winger in the long run but even then he struggles to make any impact in that position. Hornby hopefully does well with his move to reims. 

28 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Callum Wilson is a terrific player. That said, Griffiths when fully fit and ready is a very good striker, and still our number one. I’m still hopeful over Hornby, and Burke is at least playing that role regularly at the highest level of the game. 

Checking Wilson record he has scored 1 in 3 for Bournemouth which is pretty decent Tbf, although I still wouldn't consider him good enough for a top 6 epl side, hes more a lower half epl player imo. 

Mcburnie played well and took his goal well, fair play to him, I have been a big critic of him but hes worked hard for Sheffield United tonight. Still wouldn't start him ahead of Griffiths but he will get more chances in the future and will be part of our squads. 

5 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

We should be happy we have Mcburnie. I've slowly grown to like him. 

Got to say I like the big man. The second Sheffield goal sums him up. Three or four terrible touches then a superb ball out to the the left back. Then charges into the box just beaten by the goalscorer. Hope he can do this at Hampden or Oslo or Belgrade.

4 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

Whether we like McBurnie or not, if the guy is in decent form then we need in the squad at least, we are not exactly well off for strikers.

I've been slightly more optimistic with our strikers recently. Shankland hasn't looked out of place in a scotland top, Mcburnie playing in the EPL and griffiths fit again. Not sure if dykes will choose scotland but we'll see what happens with him. 

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Perhaps mcburnie is better in two upfront, problem is I can't see us playing two upfront. 

Who is this second striker going to be? Cant be him and Griffiths, Shankland?? No, cant see it, Naismith is the most like his Sheffield team mates McGoldrick or Sharp.

Well what a week....... Gilmour hooked at half time, McTom and McGinn on the bench and Robbo gubbed. McLean nearly relegated, Fraser having a wee break and Marshall in administration...

thankfully McBurnie and Tierney can raise the spirits......

plenty of time to get back on track I hope!

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Checking Wilson record he has scored 1 in 3 for Bournemouth which is pretty decent Tbf, although I still wouldn't consider him good enough for a top 6 epl side, hes more a lower half epl player imo. 

Wilson has terrific pace and power and unlike Burke is a natural striker. He’s also an England international. 

11 minutes ago, sandyb said:

Well what a week....... Gilmour hooked at half time, McTom and McGinn on the bench and Robbo gubbed. McLean nearly relegated, Fraser having a wee break and Marshall in administration...

thankfully McBurnie and Tierney can raise the spirits......

plenty of time to get back on track I hope!

Not sure where this negativity is coming from as one or two ppl in here seem to think our players are doing badly. Epl teams are playing every three days, guys like mctominay and Mcginn are going to be rested. Robbo has an off night, so what Liverpool have the title won already in which hes been a top performer all season. Fraser is obviously moving onto bigger things and McLean was always going to get relegated. 

I think its been a really positive restart from a Scottish perspective, we should be happy that we have a good few players playing for top half epl teams as well as a few playing well at lower epl teams as well like Armstrong for example. 

Edited by mccaughey85

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Wilson has terrific pace and power and unlike Burke is a natural striker. He’s also an England international. 

Hes a good player but I am unsure why you are comparing him to burke, I never claimed burke was a striker or even a very good player Tbf. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure where this negativity is coming from as one or two ppl in here seem to think our players are doing badly. Epl teams are playing every three days, guys like mctominay and Mcginn are going to be rested. Robbo has an off night, so what Liverpool have the title won already in which hes been a top performer all season. Fraser is obviously moving onto bigger things and McLean was always going to get relegated. 

I think its been a really positive restart from a Scottish perspective, we should be happy that we have a good few players playing for top half epl teams as well as a few playing well at lower epl teams as well like Armstrong for example. 

It was a joke....... the situation at the moment is surreal....... oh forgot Armstrong was on the bench too.

i think we are in the best position we have been in for years!

chill

Just now, sandyb said:

It was a joke....... the situation at the moment is surreal....... oh forgot Armstrong was on the bench too.

i think we are in the best position we have been in for years!

chill

Lol sorry, I thought you were serious. Yeh it's looking a little more positive for Scottish players atm. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol sorry, I thought you were serious. Yeh it's looking a little more positive for Scottish players atm. 

Just laugh at my attempt at satirical jokes and the world will be a better place...

i am just so glad we can watch Scottish players for LiverP,  Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and ..... Sheffield Utd. Man City have just signed a Scottish kid as well.... so the future is great..... centre forward and half next please.