Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 169 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

On 6/24/2020 at 8:15 PM, mrniaboc said:

Good to see Robbo back in the starting line-up tonight. Don't know how McGinn played earlier, but he was substituted before the Villa equaliser. McTominay only got a 10 minute run out, which is a shame. Hope they're just rotating the team a bit.

McGinn's really struggled so far, certainly not fit enough to start games but desperation given the situation against relegation.

Probably shows he wouldn't have made much impact in the March play offs if he'd been fit and called up so good thing at least they won't be played for a few more months. Gives likes of him and Tierney chance to really get up to speed.

48 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Mcginn on the bench today. That's mcginn, mctominay and gilmour all dropped to the bench recently. 

Of course mctominay and Mcginn have been dropped, epl teams are playing every three days, there is no way they won't rotate players. Gilmour is a bit disappointing but he's only 19 and Chelsea are competing for a top four place and can't afford to take a risk on starting Gilmour in games. He will hopefully get sub appearances and the odd start. 

Chelsea in fa cup action tomorrow, would be surprised not to see him start this one. There’s def rotation going on to get everyone up to speed. I’ve read a lot of players saying it feels like pre season and are not up to full speed yet.

13 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Burke seems to have started up from against Athletico Madrid away. He keeps getting opportunities but I've not seen a report yet that's suggested he's worth those opportunities. Is that fair to say?

From what I have watched he's been poor but Tbf he wasn't seeing much of the ball. He was mostly stuck up front chasing lost causes and closing the defence down. Can't see him getting alot more chances to impress as he isn't making much impact in these games. Not sure what the future holds for him, I think it could be English championship long term because he just doesn't quite have the football brain for high level football. It would be good to see him in a side where he would see more of the ball so he could run at defences. 

59 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Interesting to see KT playing wingback today as Arsenal go with a back 3 again. In mid-week he played on the left of the back three. 

I defo reckon Tierney could play left wing for us if need be. It would solve the problem of getting both robertson and Tierney in the same side.