Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 168 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

No having it, he could walk out in front of a bus tomorrow and be done so ifs and buts are shite. He should do the decent thing and help them to the end of the season

Nonsense.

17 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Outraged for the sake of it

Correct.

18 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Outraged for the sake of it

Hardly outraged ffs

10 hours ago, saintydave said:

I would suggest he is more likely to get injured on the field than run over, though dont have the stats to hand to back it up. 

Ifs and buts, you forgot maybes, because that's all we have. 

Maybe, he is just a selfish wee prick

Maybe, he has signed a deal for someone else meaning he couldn't sign an extension 

Point is, none of us know. Let's not be so quick to judge 

Its a board for opinions, I say hes being a dick that was all

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nonsense.

Correct.

Not nonsense, and wrong

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Of course he wouldn't.

It's hardly the same when he will be more than comfortable, so its not about the money. Yes obviously he wouldnt want to get injured, nobody would but he should still have the decency to help his team out that was all I was saying. And if he has got some mega move lined up, which i doubt then he should come out and tell us all.

22 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Hardly outraged ffs

Not nonsense, and wrong

It's hardly the same when he will be more than comfortable, so its not about the money. Yes obviously he wouldnt want to get injured, nobody would but he should still have the decency to help his team out that was all I was saying. And if he has got some mega move lined up, which i doubt then he should come out and tell us all.

You’re talking like this isn’t just a job for these guys. It is, and rightly so, so they’ll do whatever’s best for themselves and anyone who blames them for it is being naive or living in the past.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Did he admit to downing tools though? Did he not say he lost focus and felt he was playing for himself rather than the team? Thats not downing tools.

Any human being is entitled to put themselves first when it comes to their future.

Realistically he is looking at a wage around 100k per week for maybe 3 or 4 years. You expect him to risk that to play 7 extra games beyond when his contract expires?

Knowing that any injury could result on him having no income until he is fit again?

Other than playing to best of ability when selected, players owe clubs nothing. Burnley just released Hart at the end of his contract because they dont need him to extend for the extra 7 games. Loads of clubs in Scotland released players instead of keeping them on furlough.

Clubs look after themselves, as they should and as players should.

Can you honestly say you would risk 9 months unemployment with no wage by extending your contract for an extra month? 

He apologised to his team mates for not being a team player. Pretty damning evidence that he is not a team player. 

I don't disagree with his actions completely, if it were me I would likely play for bournemouth unless I definitely had a contract with another club lined up. Its not apparent that he has one, if he does its the right decision.

My comment is on the prceeption of Ryan Fraser, many on here have commented about his lack of commitment to Scotland and he himself admits he wasn't a team player. That type of attitude could put potential managers off. 

Fingers crossed he finds a better club than Bournemouth

6 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

You’re talking like this isn’t just a job for these guys. It is, and rightly so, so they’ll do whatever’s best for themselves and anyone who blames them for it is being naive or living in the past.

hes being a wank

5 hours ago, jailender said:

All these folk defending Fraser. just wait for the outcry when he pulls out of a Scotland squad, but is fit to play for his club in the next game.

wont be a surprise, i would do the same after a huge move to everton

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

Hardly outraged ffs

Not nonsense, and wrong

Aye, you dont seem raging at aw

Good to see Robbo back in the starting line-up tonight. Don't know how McGinn played earlier, but he was substituted before the Villa equaliser. McTominay only got a 10 minute run out, which is a shame. Hope they're just rotating the team a bit.

42 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Good to see Robbo back in the starting line-up tonight. Don't know how McGinn played earlier, but he was substituted before the Villa equaliser. McTominay only got a 10 minute run out, which is a shame. Hope they're just rotating the team a bit.

I am certain this is the strategy, as long as they are fit our guys will get game time even Gilmour.  

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Stats wise McGinn was just about passable, Fleck was was worse than awful. McBurnie despite only 45 minutes on the pitch was Sheffield United's best player. 

McTominay did nothing wrong and Robertson, as he often is, was well above average for an EPL player

23 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Tierney started for Arsenal tonight and for what it's worth he has had the most possession, the most touches and made the most passes of anyone on the pitch in the first half. Least his team mates rate him.

Off injured, hopefully just a bit of cramp.

21 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Stats wise McGinn was just about passable, Fleck was was worse than awful. McBurnie despite only 45 minutes on the pitch was Sheffield United's best player. 

McTominay did nothing wrong and Robertson, as he often is, was well above average for an EPL player

Haud on...

McBurnie? I thought the Scotland-know-fuckalls had decided he was worse than pish?