Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 163 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

23 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd quantify that by saying he's the worst Scotland regular ever... 

... There have been worse 'one cap wonders', but this haddy has managed to keep his Jersey for a fair amount of time now 

Yeah I’d amend my statement to align with yours 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

... There have been worse 'one cap wonders', but this haddy has managed to keep his Jersey for a fair amount of time now 

I don’t think he has started any of our last 4 games so he doesn’t exactly have the jersey at the moment.

The fact he has amassed 11 caps demonstrates how bereft we are of decent right backs. 

11 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I know you are only back watching Scotland now as we're in a play off and have been posted missing but hate to break to you but he's not played for last 4 or 5 games.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know you are only back watching Scotland now as we're in a play off and have been posted missing but hate to break to you but he's not played for last 4 or 5 games.

I've never stopped watching Scotland... 

... I'll requantify it though for the pedants like yersel... 

... He's the worst player I can remember who has had a consistent run of games, and even now is still regularly picked in the squad. How he has had so many caps is baffling

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Jack Elliot of Philadelphia Union being touted for a call up in the rags this morning.

On the bench for both games in MLS this season and according to who scored an average standard player in a one of the weakest leagues they bother recording.

He is a central defender though.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 10:14 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

Coventry, who should be in the Championship next season, have a back three of Scots who've been really tight this season. Only seen them on the tv this season but interesting to watch next season (if it happens).

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/coventry-star-turns-scotland-scout-21726039

And it could have been four if they had hung on to right back Jack Grimmer!

On 6/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, GraemeTA said:

Oli burke starting for alaves today away to espanyol. Down 1-0 and down to 10 men at half time

He was chasing lost causes from what I watched. Don't think he's going to be superstar we hoped for. Doesn't make any impact in the games that I watch. Shame as he shows small glimpses of ability and speed wise he's as fast as any player in the world. He's got 2 years left on his contract, be best if he moved to somewhere where he can get some confidence and play well. Celtic looked good at the start but he faded badly as time went on. 

On 6/14/2020 at 6:38 PM, bigfingers said:

Billy Gilmour scored a double in a Chelsea friendly today. 

You'd like to think that the delay in the game could benefit us. Gilmour could be a first team regular. Tierney, McGinn and McTominay could be fit and hopefully Fraser will have found his form.

Can't say how good it is to be back on here talking football!

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, bigfingers said:

Billy Gilmour scored a double in a Chelsea friendly today. 

Just saw his stats for the QPR game there.

98% pass accuracy

90% tackle success

100% conversion rate

100% dribble success

90% aerial duals won

2 shots on raget

2 goals.

Guest ElChris04

The break is the bit of luck we needed with the amount of good players we may not have had playing then there’s players like Gilmour who will have a bigger run in the Chelsea team come the play off game. 

the thought of seeing someone like O’Donnell against Håland and co as much as the guy tries for his country, is just absolutely brutal to think about. Ideally Tierney or Robertson will play at right back but it’ll be interesting to see how clarke works it.