Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 157 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Can see a situation arising where we dont call Gilmour up this time around (probably likely), dont qualify (we arent favourites) and Gilmour continues to stay in and about the Chelsea 1st team (more than probable).

Now if he gets another 7 or 8 games for Chelsea before the end of the season and continues to cause a real stir like he has iver the past week, I can see England trying to call him up for the Euro's. They dont have a player like him and everybody can see that he has the potential to be a top top player.

We would then be in a situation where we have told him that we dont rate / trust him enough yet, are unlikely to make majory tournaments on a regular basis but he would then have the option of playing in every major tournament for he rest of his career. 

Why create a choice for the boy when we could put it to bed within the next couple of weeks.

As much as the boy is a proud scot, you can bet that his agent is already bending his ear.

Im not normally one for knee jerk reactiona but if Gilmour isnt called up this time around then it shows me that Clarke is no different to the last 10 managers we have had and ultimately wont take us where we need to go.

The fact he isn't English might ruin that plan for Mr Southgate.  

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I can see England trying to call him up for the Euro's. They dont have a player like him and everybody can see that he has the potential to be a top top player.

I assume we don't care about eligibility now?

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Can see a situation arising where we dont call Gilmour up this time around (probably likely), dont qualify (we arent favourites) and Gilmour continues to stay in and about the Chelsea 1st team (more than probable).

Now if he gets another 7 or 8 games for Chelsea before the end of the season and continues to cause a real stir like he has iver the past week, I can see England trying to call him up for the Euro's. They dont have a player like him and everybody can see that he has the potential to be a top top player.

We would then be in a situation where we have told him that we dont rate / trust him enough yet, are unlikely to make majory tournaments on a regular basis but he would then have the option of playing in every major tournament for he rest of his career. 

Why create a choice for the boy when we could put it to bed within the next couple of weeks.

As much as the boy is a proud scot, you can bet that his agent is already bending his ear.

Im not normally one for knee jerk reactiona but if Gilmour isnt called up this time around then it shows me that Clarke is no different to the last 10 managers we have had and ultimately wont take us where we need to go.

There is zero chance of him playing for England.

Zilch.

54 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Had a look on here and it was nice to see everyone mutually agreeing with each other that Gilmour should be called up.. but of course the only user who has a problem with it is dohadeer.. in a sense I don’t know why I’m shocked. 2nd rate troll. 

I haven’t stated an opinion either way on Gilmour being called up, at least not since his first league start. I was just querying/looking for clarification on a false claim that somebody tried to make to boost their argument.

Billy Gilmour is a good enough player as it is - he doesn’t need the assistance of exaggerations and lies to make him look better!

Edited by dohadeer

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I haven’t stated an opinion either way on Gilmour being called up, at least not since his first league start. I was just querying/looking for clarification on a false claim that somebody tried to make to boost their argument.

Billy Gilmour is a good enough player as it is - he doesn’t need the assistance of exaggerations and lies to make him look better!

Genuine question, and it would help for people to understand your style, do you have aspergers?

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was thinking along same lines myself.

Might be easier to have a conversation with him if he's got unlinking issues for his strange posting.

My mates son has it, and is very matter of fact with things, no discretion or reasoning, it certainly matches dohadeer.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

My mates son has it, and is very matter of fact with things, no discretion or reasoning, it certainly matches dohadeer.

Are you sure your mate’s son isn’t just a slavering, arseholic bellend?

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Genuine question, and it would help for people to understand your style, do you have aspergers?

No - not that I’ve ever been diagnosed with anyway. I’m not sure that you could detect that in someone based solely on posts on a message board.

Unless there’s something specific which makes you say that? You’ve got me a bit concerned now.

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Are you sure your mate’s son isn’t just a slavering, arseholic bellend?

😂😂

4 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

No - not that I’ve ever been diagnosed with anyway. I’m not sure that you could detect that in someone based solely on posts on a message board.

Unless there’s something specific which makes you say that? You’ve got me a bit concerned now.

It just seems to fit your posting style, and interactions with others.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well that's a massive generalisation of a very complex condition.

Can we please leave any discussion on this in anything goes.

Well, I wasn't aware I had to write a 5000 word essay on the topic.

I thought my last post would be the last regarding this topic, but you certainly don't get to decide what I post, and where, so how about no.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Or better still a poll on who you'd rather have in the squad? Graham Shinnie or Billy Gilmour. No guesses who wins out and so why are people even contemplating not having him in the squad?

It’s fairly baffling that it’s even a possibility he won’t be in the squad. 

Completly agree with Squirrelhumper the under 21 results don’t even really matter. 3/4 of those players don’t even make the grade for Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It’s fairly baffling that it’s even a possibility he won’t be in the squad. 

Completly agree with Squirrelhumper the under 21 results don’t even really matter. 3/4 of those players don’t even make the grade for Scotland. 

Of course the first priority is for Scotland to qualify for their first major tournament for over 20 years. We could take our first steps there against Israel and we need our very best squad for that match and hopefully the following game if we win. Gilmour can be far more use to us in the first team than the U-21's. It ceased becoming a debate when he broke into the first team and put in two MoM performances.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There is zero chance of him playing for England.

Zilch.

I stand to be corrected but I watched a podcast where he agreed that he was eligable to play for England but said he was Scottish and wanted to play for Scotland.

On the basis that is accurate how can there be zero chance?