Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 156 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

??

I’m asking a legitimate question.

Youre not, you're spamming fuck out of a thread, and making it unreadable yet again. Its boring as hell yet again, do you get off on this?

9 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Hudson-Odoi had far more club experience when first capped by England?!

He had something like 6 Premier League starts and a few Cup games so it wasn't that much more experience

Thing is does it matter if England have or have not capped a player with less experience? England are far superior to us in all areas and have far more options hence less opportunities. We are nowhere near that stage so potential stars are far closer to selection with us.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Hudson-Odoi had played twice for Chelsea when he made his debut and I'd bet my life on it that he was not MOM in both games like Gilmour.

He’d played far more than twice, where did you get that from? He had about 9 European appearances, as well as multiple domestic league and cup appearances. I believe that he hadn’t yet started an English Premier League game when he received his first cap, but he was definitely more experienced than Gilmour is now.

FIFA World Rankings

• England 4th
  • Scotland 50th

Now that is current rankings, frankly I cant be arsed looking back to when some Englishman got his first cap. But suffice to say, they would have been well above us, so if they can cap a player with 3 or 4 times experience of Gilmour, then we can call him up. Wales capped a Liverpool kid after only 1 cup game, guess who qualified for Euro 2020 without a playoff.

The Scottish shitfest psyche of being perennial wankers and underachievers scared of doing anything, must change.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

FIFA World Rankings

• England 4th
  • Scotland 50th

Now that is current rankings, frankly I cant be arsed looking back to when some Englishman got his first cap. But suffice to say, they would have been well above us, so if they can cap a player with 3 or 4 times experience of Gilmour, then we can call him up. Wales capped a Liverpool kid after only 1 cup game, guess who qualified for Euro 2020 without a playoff.

The Scottish shitfest psyche of being perennial wankers and underachievers scared of doing anything, must change.

Curiosity, who was the Liverpool kid?

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I realise that now but your point is?

Trying to work out who SquirrelHumper is referring to when they claimed that England capped a Chelsea player with less experience?

I can’t find any evidence to back that statement up.

22 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I have.

The only English Chelsea player that I can see mentioned is Callum Hudson-Odoi. When he was first capped by England, he had far more experience than Billy Gilmour has now.

So, I’m not sure which Chelsea player SquirreHumper is referring to. All of their England players - Abraham, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and Mount - appear to have had much more experience than Gilmour when first capped by England. Is there someone Chelsea have out on loan who has played for England? 

He was capped by England before he had any Premier League starts I think. He had started some EFL cup games and an FA cup match. Both trophies are regarded with contempt by EPL clubs particularly in the early rounds. I think he also played in at least one Europa League match but the top clubs in England don't take this seriously either.

Which player is/was the more experienced in big games when they were/will be capped is debatable I suppose but it will be pretty close if Gilmour is capped this month.

Just now, dohadeer said:

Trying to work out who SquirrelHumper is referring to when they claimed that England capped a Chelsea player with less experience?

I can’t find any evidence to back that statement up.

Does it matter to the end point? 

End point is we have a young player with great potential at a time when we have injuries and yet people are digging their heels in about calling him up. FFS I have seen it all here now.

A wee nudge to Stevie Clarke on the question of Billy Gilmour....

Denis Law was 18 when he was awarded his first full cap. He scored in a 3-0 win (over Wales). The Scotland manager was quite a good judge of what exceptional young players could achieve. His name was Matt Busby.

Paddy Barclay on Twitter.

26 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Its a tricky one and not a situation I have seen before. I would have him in the squad but I wouldn't start him. 

So if he is called up to the squad and trains better that anyone else in his position he shouldn't start?

Why not?

48 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I can’t find any current Chelsea player that was capped for England when they had less club experience than Gilmour currently has.

Unless you’re referring to a Chelsea player who is currently out on loan?

Hudson Odoi was capped in a qualifier in the same year he made his U21 debut.

He may have had a few extra appearances for Chelsea, however 1) he hadn't played in EPL (mostly in Europa when Chelsea played a reserve side) and 2) England are far, far better than us and still saw it fine to play an inexperienced player.

Is everything black and white to you?

And also, I guess it was you that grassed me into the mods?!

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Are there many 18 year old midfielders that have played 2/3 first team games for their club in the England squad?

I'm not saying Gilmour shouldn't be in the squad but I think you may be wrong about him being selected for England right now if he was English and saying Clarke should be sacked of he doesn't pick him for this squad is ridiculous.

Welsh Irish Northern Irish

He's in their teams

Guest ElChris04

Had a look on here and it was nice to see everyone mutually agreeing with each other that Gilmour should be called up.. but of course the only user who has a problem with it is dohadeer.. in a sense I don’t know why I’m shocked. 2nd rate troll. 

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Welsh Irish Northern Irish

He's in their teams

The Republic of Ireland called up Celtic's 4 choice RB who hasn't even started a game. 

We actually have a wealth of talent that many other countries would be envious of. We're sadly just a bit heavy round the midrif. 2 decent CBs and we'd look like a fairly formidable opponent

Can see a situation arising where we dont call Gilmour up this time around (probably likely), dont qualify (we arent favourites) and Gilmour continues to stay in and about the Chelsea 1st team (more than probable).

Now if he gets another 7 or 8 games for Chelsea before the end of the season and continues to cause a real stir like he has iver the past week, I can see England trying to call him up for the Euro's. They dont have a player like him and everybody can see that he has the potential to be a top top player.

We would then be in a situation where we have told him that we dont rate / trust him enough yet, are unlikely to make majory tournaments on a regular basis but he would then have the option of playing in every major tournament for he rest of his career. 

Why create a choice for the boy when we could put it to bed within the next couple of weeks.

As much as the boy is a proud scot, you can bet that his agent is already bending his ear.

Im not normally one for knee jerk reactiona but if Gilmour isnt called up this time around then it shows me that Clarke is no different to the last 10 managers we have had and ultimately wont take us where we need to go.