Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 155 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

if maclean or shinnie, 2 players that will never likely  to be first picks again,  get called up ahead of him then its farcical and will put everyone on a downer. finally we get something to be excited about, just calling him up would give us a boost and who knows he could be so amazing in training that clarke feels he should play a part  at some stage. drop a squad filler and put him in ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And exactly why he should be in the squad now.

No other country keeps their top players in the 21s like we do. Hasn't helped us so far has it?

Is that true? I would assume that there are plenty of countries who have kept players with as limited amount of senior football under their belt as Gilmour has, in their under 21s, until they have gained more experience.

4 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Is that true? I would assume that there are plenty of countries who have kept players with as limited amount of senior football under their belt as Gilmour has, in their under 21s, until they have gained more experience.

England (who are miles ahead of us) have capped  players recently with less experience than BG.

Wales likewise.

That's two examples off the top of my head but that's two countries who've been far more successful than we have of late and have no qualms playing inexperienced players.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

England (who are miles ahead of us) have capped  players recently with less experience than BG.

Wales likewise.

That's two examples off the top of my head but that's two countries who've been far more successful than we have of late and have no qualms playing inexperienced players.

That’s 2 countries. Your claim was regarding 200-odd countries, which I don’t think you have the evidence to back up.

Who have England capped with less experience than Billy Gilmour? (Not disagreeing with you, just asking, because nobody springs immediately to mind.)

16 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

That’s 2 countries. Your claim was regarding 200-odd countries, which I don’t think you have the evidence to back up.

I've got evidence to back up the fact you are a trolling pedantic cunt.

17 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Who have England capped with less experience than Billy Gilmour? (Not disagreeing with you, just asking, because nobody springs immediately to mind.)

One of his teammates for starters.

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am sorry but I am gobsmacked that people on here are actually wanting Gilmour to be named in the U-21 squad. Why?

Gilmour faced and impressed against far better players in the past week than Israel have got to offer. If anything this match will be a drop in class for him.

I haven't seen anyone say they want Gilmour in the U21 squad apart from maybe Dohadeer who would argue black was white on here.

What am I missing?

Edited by Texas Pete

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're at it.

I can’t find any current Chelsea player that was capped for England when they had less club experience than Gilmour currently has.

Unless you’re referring to a Chelsea player who is currently out on loan?

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well then shall we say actively encouraging or making sounds like they won't be too fussed if he is in the U-21 squad.

We are all entitled to our opinions I suppose. Even if they are wrong. 😁

The vast majority of us want Gilmour in the senior squad. Gilmour himself would get a massive boost and it would lift the mood of the majority of fans.

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Just want what's best for wee Billy. 

And you reckon playing in front of a couple of thousand fans at Tynecastle when he is just getting used to the big stage is what's best for him?

The U21s would benefit from his selection but nobody else, including Gilmour, would.

Given the buzz surrounding gilmour the now he should absolutely be in the squad. This waiting about and keeping them in unders has hardly done us any favours in the past. Nothing wrong with taking a chance and puttin him in the squad. If he gets a few minutes, great, if not its gave him a feel of it. Well worth a call up.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Presumably you haven't read the previous page of this thread?

I have.

The only English Chelsea player that I can see mentioned is Callum Hudson-Odoi. When he was first capped by England, he had far more experience than Billy Gilmour has now.

So, I’m not sure which Chelsea player SquirreHumper is referring to. All of their England players - Abraham, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and Mount - appear to have had much more experience than Gilmour when first capped by England. Is there someone Chelsea have out on loan who has played for England? 

16 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I can’t find any current Chelsea player that was capped for England when they had less club experience than Gilmour currently has.

Unless you’re referring to a Chelsea player who is currently out on loan?

Callum Hudson Odoi.

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

And you reckon playing in front of a couple of thousand fans at Tynecastle when he is just getting used to the big stage is what's best for him?

The U21s would benefit from his selection but nobody else, including Gilmour, would.

Its a tricky one and not a situation I have seen before. I would have him in the squad but I wouldn't start him.