Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 149 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Any questions on will Gilmour be in the next squad fully answered today.

It wouldn’t matter his nationality he would be in any countries next squad. 

Isnt this the biggest case yet for what a good job the performance schools are doing with lads upto 15/16 years old? 

Definitely. Never thought I would see an 18 year old scottish born and bred player playing at that level and running the show. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He has to start IMO

He isnt fazed by pressure and looks more assured than any.of our midfielders

Yeah I would start him.

Him and Fleck have to be in that midfield. With McGinn out I think a midfield of Gilmour, Fleck & McTominay would be excellent. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Being one of the top 24 teams in Europe would be a start. Preferably not scraping in at number 24.

I think we should be at the 12 - 18 level which would make us competitive against higher ranked teams and expected qualifiers for the Euro's and still competitive for world cup qualification.

Don't bother with the traditional we are only a small county line, I hope as a nation we are more than that. 

That's my view as well, somewhere in the teen in Europe.

Theres absolutely no reason why that shouldn't be the case, plenty of reasons why it isn't the case though  

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yeah I would start him.

Him and Fleck have to be in that midfield. With McGinn out I think a midfield of Gilmour, Fleck & McTominay would be excellent. 

Need a midfielder who'll support the striker. Without mcginn we need Christie or Armstrong in the midfield to fill that role. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Need a midfielder who'll support the striker. Without mcginn we need Christie or Armstrong in the midfield to fill that role. 

Exactly. 

Also Clarkes not one to throw players in. Turnbull looked amazing before his injury and Clarke said no too soon. Might be the same for gilmour. 

Our midfield is our strongest area. If he was a right back he would be starting. 

Edited by bigfingers

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

My favourite part of his whole performance was him giving Azpilzcueta a complete reaming out. Shouting the odds at him and pointing at where he needed to position himself 😂

Been wondering if that sort of think might be a a bit of a problem, lot of big egos out there.

Barkley has been amazing in the two games, both going to give Lampard a lot of problems when his "big names" get fit

Edited by ceudmilefailte

13 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Exactly. 

Also Clarkes not one to throw players in. Turnbull looked amazing before his injury and Clarke said no too soon. Might be the same for gilmour. 

Our midfield is our strongest area. If he was a right back he would be starting. 

So you’re saying it’s too soon for Gilmour?

After running the show vs Liverpool and Everton, it’s too soon for him to play against Nir Bitton? 😂

The midfield situation really is mental. Too think there was a problem fitting them all in, there's now an 18 year old who who's got a fraction of appearances in the first team and is probably better than them all. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely there nobody left who thinks gilmour shouldnt start?

If he was a centre half or a right back then no doubt. However to play Gilmour it means you're dropping one of McTominay or Fleck, both of whom have been playing at a high level all season whereas Gilmour started his first ever league game today. 

It's exciting to have a young player that looks the real deal but too early to start for me. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

If he was a centre half or a right back then no doubt. However to play Gilmour it means you're dropping one of McTominay or Fleck, both of whom have been playing at a high level all season whereas Gilmour started his first ever league game today. 

It's exciting to have a young player that looks the real deal but too early to start for me. 

Too early for Gilmour. Jesus.

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Ive no issue with dropping fleck for our brightest talent. Fleck is hardly a mainstay for scotland. Id rather we focused on developing the partnership of gilmour and mctominey now