Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 146 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

5th clean sheet in a row from Cooper and Hanley was apparently Norwich's best player despite a 1-0 defeat. 

Those two have to be starting centre half pairing for the play offs. 

Great to see that Griffiths got a hat trick. 

The starting 11 is shaping up nicely. Just need McGinn to get fit and Christie to show some form. 

Palmer at right back is a worry though. 

8 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

5th clean sheet in a row from Cooper and Hanley was apparently Norwich's best player despite a 1-0 defeat. 

The starting 11 is shaping up nicely. Just need McGinn to get fit and Christie to show some form. 

Bit of a forgotten man but Bardsley still plays in the EPL. Starting against spurs this evening. Strange that he hasn't been picked for a while. He could slot into right back easy enough you would think. 

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Bit of a forgotten man but Bardsley still plays in the EPL. Starting against spurs this evening. Strange that he hasn't been picked for a while. He could slot into right back easy enough you would think. 

His “I’m not really interested to be perfectly honest, I just want to go on holiday” comment probably didn’t help. 

Presumably Clarke has spoken to him and he’s ruled himself out. He is 33 or 34. Most  players that age chuck international football to prolong their club careers. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

His “I’m not really interested to be perfectly honest, I just want to go on holiday” comment probably didn’t help. 

Presumably Clarke has spoken to him and he’s ruled himself out. He is 33 or 34. Most  players that age chuck international football to prolong their club careers. 

Want to tell Naismith?

22 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

How is a 1-0 defeat a clean sheet?  Or have I just picked this up wrong?  I do do that 😁

23 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Stats wise Cooper and Hanley have been above average for their respective leagues this year.

Clean sheet for Marshall

Griffiths scoring goals.

All of a sudden all our weak spots look easy to fill, if only we had some midfielders.

We need a right back badly, but whats new there.

McBurnie defending well again for Sheffield United again. Maybe he could play right back.

Guest ElChris04

Griffiths was Absolutely top class today, on it from start to finish and a hat trick to top off what he said about feeling the level needed to play for Scotland yesterday tops it all off. 

like I say i am feeling quite confident. Only Real concern is right back

Just now, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Cooper got the clean sheet for Leeds. Norwich's Hanley got beat 1-0. 👍

Both captains too btw. 

I get you now, silly me.  Had it in my head they both played for Norwich.  Never really doubted you mate 👍🙂

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Griffiths was Absolutely top class today, on it from start to finish and a hat trick to top off what he said about feeling the level needed to play for Scotland yesterday tops it all off. 

like I say i am feeling quite confident. Only Real concern is right back

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Stats wise Cooper and Hanley have been above average for their respective leagues this year.

Clean sheet for Marshall

Griffiths scoring goals.

All of a sudden all our weak spots look easy to fill, if only we had some midfielders.

We need a right back badly, but whats new there.

McBurnie defending well again for Sheffield United again. Maybe he could play right back.

If Palmer is playing shite I'd be tempted to put Jack there. 

Realise he's not played there in years but he'd do a job. 

I'm sure Clarke has been watching Palmer closely and looking at other options.

13 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

If Palmer is playing shite I'd be tempted to put Jack there. 

Realise he's not played there in years but he'd do a job. 

I'm sure Clarke has been watching Palmer closely and looking at other options.

I'd put Forrest in there ahead of Palmer, Honestly don't think the fact Jack or any one else don't play there regularly should make a difference if the player is good enough. Personally I like my right backs to provide an aerial threat.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'd put Forrest in there ahead of Palmer, Honestly don't think the fact Jack or any one else don't play there regularly should make a difference if the player is good enough. Personally I like my right backs to provide an aerial threat.

Aye?

Had a good look at Hanley today.  Basically a solid no nonsense performance but hardly stand out. Decent in the air, read the game well mostly.  Although most centre halfs aren't well known for their mobility he's more rigid than most, very one-footed which adversely effects his positioning on occasions and can make him look a bit clumsy, seemed quite one paced.  Biggest problem for him today was that he allowed Billy Sharp to draw him into a bit of a battle then he completely lost Billy for the only goal of the game.  We played Billy and McBurnie up front today, neither of whom are known for their pace, Billy is probably the slowest striker in the EPL, and he coped well enough but wouldn't fancy seeing him up against any speedsters though.

McBurnie worked very hard (as usual) but didn't really threaten, Fleck, best player on the pitch (again).

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Had a good look at Hanley today.  Basically a solid no nonsense performance but hardly stand out. Decent in the air, read the game well mostly.  Although most centre halfs aren't well known for their mobility he's more rigid than most, very one-footed which adversely effects his positioning on occasions and can make him look a bit clumsy, seemed quite one paced.  Biggest problem for him today was that he allowed Billy Sharp to draw him into a bit of a battle then he completely lost Billy for the only goal of the game.  We played Billy and McBurnie up front today, neither of whom are known for their pace, Billy is probably the slowest striker in the EPL, and he coped well enough but wouldn't fancy seeing him up against any speedsters though.

McBurnie worked very hard (as usual) but didn't really threaten, Fleck, best player on the pitch (again).

Stats and the Norwich forum suggest that Hanley was one of the reasons it was only one goal conceded.

Norwich forum seem to think that Fleck isn't exactly shy and puts himself about a lot.Don't know if you agree. He is your most cautioned player mind you.

Don't suppose you noticed Kenny McLean who probably will be in our next squad.

Cheers for the update.

24 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I'd be amazed if Sharp and McBurnie didnt rip the pish out of Gallagher and Findlay if they ever played