Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 145 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Assumed you meant Maurice Ross or are we on first name terms now with the players now.

Maurice Ross. His red card in Dortmund was a highlight if only because it proved he did get a cap (13 in fact).

Ross McCormack made his Scotland debut in Prague 2008, the game where David Clarkson scored. McCormack had been away from Rangers for a while by then.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Maurice Ross. His red card in Dortmund was a highlight because it proved he got a cap.

Ross McCormack made his Scotland debut in Prague 2008, the game where David Clarkson scored. McCormack had been away from Rangers for a while by then.

My memory is poor but I think I can remember him not jumping very high for one of the Faroes goals in 2002

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

My memory is poor but I think I can remember him not jumping very high for one of the Faroes goals in 2002

Good God man!!

Maurice Ross and Stephen Cairney - you've ruined my afternoon with that memory before Thistle have even kicked a ball this afternoon!!!

21 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Lewis MacLeod was the last rangers academy player brought through into the Scotland squad. 

Injuries ravaged his career.

Genuine question from lack of knowledge - what Scotland squad was he chosen for?

Where is he now?

8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Ireland / England double header at Celtic Park.

At Wigan now

Thanks - didn't know that.

Have to say I wasn't impressed with Fraser today, although he was denied an excellent goal by a superb clearance from James Milner.

Interesting stat flashed up during the game said that Fraser in the same number of EPL games last season had 14 assists - this season it's 4. Which of course is not solely down to him, but it's a consideration.

31 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thanks - didn't know that.

Have to say I wasn't impressed with Fraser today, although he was denied an excellent goal by a superb clearance from James Milner.

Interesting stat flashed up during the game said that Fraser in the same number of EPL games last season had 14 assists - this season it's 4. Which of course is not solely down to him, but it's a consideration.

Bear in mind 14 assists in the EPL was truly exceptional. 

41 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Goal for Griffiths. Hopefully he bangs in a few today. 

I was very happy to see that also, although Brophy's form is better right now. For me I would have Griffiths, Brophy, McBurnie and Shankland in my squad. I am leaving Naismith out, who for me I know what I will get, hardworking and dedicated performances but when I have more in form strikers I am going with form and fitness, I am going with them. I am all for defending from the front but for must win games, and the talent behind the front man I need someone who we can count on for goals.  I would start with Griffiths against Israel. 

Edited by romanticscot

19 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I was very happy to see that also, although Brophy's form is better right now. For me I would have Griffiths, Brophy, McBurnie and Shankland in my squad. I am leaving Naismith out, who for me I know what I will get, hardworking and dedicated performances but when I have more in form strikers I am going with form and fitness, I am going with them. I am all for defending from the front but for must win games, and the talent behind the front man I need someone who we can count on for goals.  I would start with Griffiths against Israel. 

Great re Griffiths

Brophy should remain at 1 cap

Leaving Naismith out over brophy would be insane

Edited by Bino's

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Bit worried about christie's lack of game time. Would he still be guaranteed a start against israel? 

I wouldn't worry about that, he started Celtic's last game on Wednesday. As far as guaranteed start , I have no idea mate.