Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 144 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, GraemeTA said:

Good to see that since mctomineys come back hes gettin plenty minutes

Aye, great to see. OGS really rates him and says he’s been one of their best players this season, so he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

2 minutes ago, RabtheBruce said:

Aye, great to see. OGS really rates him and says he’s been one of their best players this season, so he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

Thought he would maybe be eased in with a few sub apps but even better hes went straight back in the starting 11.

Guest ElChris04

Gilmour gives me a lot of hope for the future. Wonder if clarke will take the gamble and call him up in such big games?

Edited by ElChris04

16 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

George Johnston making his 19th bench appearance for Feyenoord tonight. Zero minutes on the pitch for them so far.

He's played every game for their U21 side this season. Seems they're playing the long game with him. 
Hope he gets a chance as he's looked a standout whenever I've seen him play for our U21s

3 minutes ago, csinclair said:

He's played every game for their U21 side this season. Seems they're playing the long game with him. 
Hope he gets a chance as he's looked a standout whenever I've seen him play for our U21s

It's very hard for young Central defenders to break through at higher level teams This was probably a bad move for him but if they are holding on to him he must have something.

17 minutes ago, csinclair said:

That's true. I was really hoping they would have given him a wee run out after being 5-0 up at half time last night.

Edited by mrniaboc

Leon King has signed a professional contract with rangers.  I think that is great news for rangers but a bit disappointing for those that thought he might end up at a big club. 

If I was Gerrard, I'd be giving him games this season now the league is all but over.  

43 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Leon King has signed a professional contract with rangers.  I think that is great news for rangers but a bit disappointing for those that thought he might end up at a big club. 

If I was Gerrard, I'd be giving him games this season now the league is all but over.  

He's only signed until 2022 which isn't to long a contract, I think that suits both parties.

He will get into first team soon and Rangers will get money when they sell him in January.

Guest ElChris04

Leigh Griffiths saying in the media conference he’s ready for Scotland and it’ll be the icing on the cake if he makes it in the team that sends Scotland to Euro 2020.

really nice words to hear from Griffiths about the national team, and it’s good to know he feels he’s up to the level required for the playoffs. 

51 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Leigh Griffiths saying in the media conference he’s ready for Scotland and it’ll be the icing on the cake if he makes it in the team that sends Scotland to Euro 2020.

really nice words to hear from Griffiths about the national team, and it’s good to know he feels he’s up to the level required for the playoffs. 

This is very good news.

I was worried that Griffiths was going to retire form internationals.

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's only signed until 2022 which isn't to long a contract, I think that suits both parties.

He will get into first team soon and Rangers will get money when they sell him in January.

I'm sure you can only sign 2 year deals at 16 up here. Dembele at Celtics ends similarly at 18 as did Patterson's and McPakes at Rangers. On king he looks extremely promising and has very good technique for a CB. Hopefully he and Morrison at Bayern develop like we hope and we end up with a couple of decent CBs in 5 years.

If Gerrard is still in charge I highly doubt it, being saying it since the start of the season Gerrard has no faith in Scottish youngsters. Middleton last season had a higher goals and assist to 90 minutes than Ojo does this season but Middleton was bombed out while Ojo is given chance after chance. Calls McCrorie a future rangers captain, then bombs him out after a bad performance (while gold Goldson gets away with murder). called Kennedy the 19th man in October I think, he was ahead of Barker, Jones, etc. Since then Kennedy has made one squad against Stranraer, while Barker has made atleast 10-15. Patterson after a good performance goes from 2nd choice rb to 4th behind Flannigan and Polster. Tav could be out this weekend and I'd be actually floored if Patterson even makes the bench.

The league is over, Gerrard should blood Patterson, Kennedy, Mebude, etc into the match day 18 and ditch the useless shite that won't be there next season. Gerrard won't though, they'll be lucky if they get a wee sub appearance in the last game of the season as a wee treat. 

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'm sure you can only sign 2 year deals at 16 up here. Dembele at Celtics ends similarly at 18 as did Patterson's and McPakes at Rangers. On king he looks extremely promising and has very good technique for a CB. Hopefully he and Morrison at Bayern develop like we hope and we end up with a couple of decent CBs in 5 years.

If Gerrard is still in charge I highly doubt it, being saying it since the start of the season Gerrard has no faith in Scottish youngsters. Middleton last season had a higher goals and assist to 90 minutes than Ojo does this season but Middleton was bombed out while Ojo is given chance after chance. Calls McCrorie a future rangers captain, then bombs him out after a bad performance (while gold Goldson gets away with murder). called Kennedy the 19th man in October I think, he was ahead of Barker, Jones, etc. Since then Kennedy has made one squad against Stranraer, while Barker has made atleast 10-15. Patterson after a good performance goes from 2nd choice rb to 4th behind Flannigan and Polster. Tav could be out this weekend and I'd be actually floored if Patterson even makes the bench.

The league is over, Gerrard should blood Patterson, Kennedy, Mebude, etc into the match day 18 and ditch the useless shite that won't be there next season. Gerrard won't though, they'll be lucky if they get a wee sub appearance in the last game of the season as a wee treat. 

Bang on. 

Huge shame as it’s the best crop of youth Rangers have had in a long long time. 

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Would love to see this....  but he may want to put certain fringe players in the shop window by playing them. I highly doubt they will make any money on someone like Barker mind. 
All you can do for a young player is give them an opportunity.... and hope they take it.... Ferguson a prime example, he never looked back.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Bang on. 

Huge shame as it’s the best crop of youth Rangers have had in a long long time. 

i have been saying this for a while, Rangers dont give youth a chance unless its a loan player from another club. Its very poor for our national game. Who was the last player to come through at Rangers for Scotland?? Ferguson??

1 minute ago, jamboman said:

i have been saying this for a while, Rangers dont give youth a chance unless its a loan player from another club. Its very poor for our national game. Who was the last player to come through at Rangers for Scotland?? Ferguson??

Hutton probably

2 minutes ago, jamboman said:

Ross and Hutton.

Edited by Barney Rubble

47 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Yeah he is rested for the champs league. That's good for us he's getting rest. 

He has a “slight issue” apparently but should be fine for Wednesday. No point in risking him in a dead rubber today.