Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 143 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully he's away from Rangers ASAP then.

Unfortunately he’s signed a deal hasn’t he?

Rangers have zero interest in promoting youth.

Patterson played two games and was the stand out and of course doesn’t even make the bench now. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Striker situation isn't a bother if you have goalscoring midfielders. It's defence that still worries me

If you were to set up like Man Utd and have Gilmour and McTominay in front of the defence  it would be protected far more than in any of the formations we have tried recently.(it worked for 44 minutes in Belgium} It would also allow Robertson to play in a way that would use his abilities best, we might finally see something from him in a Scotland shirt. I would say McGinn , and Christie fit your description of goal scoring midfielders.

Despite his five goals this season Fleck does't score goals, four in nearly 90 games in the championship proves that. 

Goalkeeper

Tierney              Central defender            Central defender        Robertson

McTominay             Gilmour

Christie                                 Fleck                            Mcginn

McBurnie

I would pay good money to watch that team in the next nations league.

3 minutes ago, GraemeTA said:

Get him in the squad, always a good buzz seeing a young talent called up. Hopefully if we are coasting the israel get him on for the last bit. I dont think he will be fazed. 

Way he seems to play he could be brought in place of a more attacking player if needing to protect a one goal lead. Find out then if nothing fazes him.

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If you were to set up like Man Utd and have Gilmour and McTominay in front of the defence  it would be protected far more than in any of the formations we have tried recently.(it worked for 44 minutes in Belgium} It would also allow Robertson to play in a way that would use his abilities best, we might finally see something from him in a Scotland shirt. I would say McGinn , and Christie fit your description of goal scoring midfielders.

Despite his five goals this season Fleck does't score goals, four in nearly 90 games in the championship proves that. 

Goalkeeper

Tierney              Central defender            Central defender        Robertson

Christie                                 Fleck                            Mcginn

McBurnie

No one gets close to mcburnie

He's only good in a two

We need a striker who can hold it up

Haven’t seen any of the games but Hanley seems to be starting regular and Norwich are getting results. 

So many bad Hanley memories that it is hard to even think he should be first pick again. 

Him and Findlay could be the pairing. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Way he seems to play he could be brought in place of a more attacking player if needing to protect a one goal lead. Find out then if nothing fazes him.

Aye definitely. Hopefully with chelsea havin a few injuries etc we will get to see him a bit more in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Haven’t seen any of the games but Hanley seems to be starting regular and Norwich are getting results. 

So many bad Hanley memories that it is hard to even think he should be first pick again. 

Him and Findlay could be the pairing. 

I remember quite a few howlers Hanley had but I wouldn't say its necessarily alot if you consider the fact we are Scotland and not Brazil. I remember him having some good games especially the Croatia games. Guy defo deserves another chance to prove himself at international level. 

39 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I remember quite a few howlers Hanley had but I wouldn't say its necessarily alot if you consider the fact we are Scotland and not Brazil. I remember him having some good games especially the Croatia games. Guy defo deserves another chance to prove himself at international level. 

He was coming on when he played every week for Blackburn

But bit part football at Newcastle didn't suit him and he became so rusty when he played he was absolutely hopeless

Regular starts at Norwich now will hopefully help

As with Norwich, we have no choice, there's no real alternative

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Goalkeeper

McBurnie

Cooper and Hanley at CB.......... that looks like the best team we have had for (a lot of) years!

Oh and it is young

22 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Goalkeeper

McBurnie

It has good players but apart from Robertson there is no natural width or pace. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

It has good players but apart from Robertson there is no natural width or pace. 

Juventus played for years with no natural width, the formation should suit our best players. A diamond in Midfield would suit us with Gilmour at the base in the Pirlo role, McTominay and Fleck Box to box and McGinn attacking midfield. Griffiths and McBurnie up front

9 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

George Johnston making his 19th bench appearance for Feyenoord tonight. Zero minutes on the pitch for them so far.

Not good.

Would any Scottish Premiership sides take a chance on him in the summer I wonder ?

Twenty one and still to make his club debut I believe.

Edited by ErsatzThistle