Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 135 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Can’t see any other logical option than Hanley & Cooper as centre defence against Israel. 

Being clueless here, but has Gilmour had a full cap yet? Can’t remember him getting one. Not even sure if he’s been in senior squad yet. Is there any chance he can be poached by anyone else, i.e., grandparents rule, had a pint of Guinness once, etc? We should get him capped if there’s any risk. When we’re 3-0 up against Israel bring him on for last 5 mins!!!

17 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Can’t see any other logical option than Hanley & Cooper as centre defence against Israel. 

Being clueless here, but has Gilmour had a full cap yet? Can’t remember him getting one. Not even sure if he’s been in senior squad yet. Is there any chance he can be poached by anyone else, i.e., grandparents rule, had a pint of Guinness once, etc? We should get him capped if there’s any risk. When we’re 3-0 up against Israel bring him on for last 5 mins!!!

No, he's not been capped for the senior team yet.

And again no, he's not eligible for anyone else. 

32 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

It makes sense to me, but the man in charge is likely to pick players hes had playing for him before... I think it's a certainty that McKenna will start with Gallagher. 

As a 'well fan, I'm a big fan of Gallagher but I'm not sure he'd start every week for Leeds or Norwich, while I'm absolutely positive that Cooper and Hanley would walk into our team, or that of Aberdeen. 

Playing Hanley and Cooper is a no brainier now. Top end championship and lower end prem is a much higher level than below the old firm in the SPL. For a bottom team Norwich haven’t been that bad this season. 

Nice to see Fraser with an assist. Another good option for us if he decides not to be injured. 

57 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It makes sense to me, but the man in charge is likely to pick players hes had playing for him before... I think it's a certainty that McKenna will start with Gallagher. 

As a 'well fan, I'm a big fan of Gallagher but I'm not sure he'd start every week for Leeds or Norwich, while I'm absolutely positive that Cooper and Hanley would walk into our team, or that of Aberdeen. 

If clarke picks mckenna he has lost the plot. 

21 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hanley getting an 8 out of 10 in the Norwich paper. Fan's forum happy with him. Has had a solid game last night against 3rd in the league and a clean sheet. Norwich away at Spurs live on Wednesday. Looks like there's live games all week featuring Scottish players who should be in our team or squad for Israel. Interesting times. Would be the icing on the cake if Gilmour got game time. I'd have him in the squad regardless. 

He got 7.2 on who scored which is  well above average for an EPL defender. In fact a lot of our Anglo's have come into pretty good form since the turn of the year

3 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Another clean sheet for Cooper and Leeds today . He didn't put a foot wring . Playing really well right now 

a foot wring?  Dohadeer is gonna make mincemeat of you! 😁

Edited by todd

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Honestly though he has scored 2 goals since the Kazakhstan game in the middle of November. He really shouldn't even be near the squad.

Clarke of course no doubt knows better.

Well of course he does because he’s an international football manager and we’re not. 

I’m pretty sure Naismith will be in the squad but I doubt he’ll start against Israel.

I guess the idea for Gilmour's promotion to the first team is that he experiences match days etc but I'm not sure if it is worth it if he never gets on the pitch. Presumably Lampard wants him to play 10-20 minutes after Chelsea have wrapped up the game but there's not a lot of that going on.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If clarke picks mckenna he has lost the plot. 

did you ever see the raw and unfinished article that was alec mcleish as he was breaking through ; mckennas still young and long way to go , for some reason the mistake he made v israel (and shinnies away to kazaks ?) seem to be unfairly highlighted

see mckenna went off injured anyway today so may not be an issue

that price they put on his head last season may have affected him ?

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I guess the idea for Gilmour's promotion to the first team is that he experiences match days etc but I'm not sure if it is worth it if he never gets on the pitch. Presumably Lampard wants him to play 10-20 minutes after Chelsea have wrapped up the game but there's not a lot of that going on.

My thoughts exactly. Watching their game today, i was hoping they'd wrap it up so i could see Gilmour on. Didnae happen of course.

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

did you ever see the raw and unfinished article that was alec mcleish as he was breaking through ; mckennas still young and long way to go , for some reason the mistake he made v israel (and shinnies away to kazaks ?) seem to be unfairly highlighted

see mckenna went off injured anyway today so may not be an issue

that price they put on his head last season may have affected him ?

Mckenna isnt young. Alex mcliesh was winning a league title and at slightly less than one year older than mckenna is now, mcliesh was handling the strikers of bayern and real en route to a european trophy.

Mckenna has regressed since his ego got too big. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Mckenna isnt young. Alex mcliesh was winning a league title and at slightly less than one year older than mckenna is now, mcliesh was handling the strikers of bayern and real en route to a european trophy.

Mckenna has regressed since his ego got too big. 

Good point

aside from his pass back in the ecwc final......

31 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Steve Clarke was apparently at Coventry City v Sunderland yesterday (only Scots playing were Rose and Hyam for Coventry and McLaughlin and Chris McGuire for Sunderland).

Probably looking at McLaughlin

7 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Probably looking at McLaughlin

Coventry are top of League One, so probably a case of checking them out (both being defenders) as well as chance to check McLaughlin out (he was at Reading v Wigan a couple of days ago as well, presumably checking out Marshall)