Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 132 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I've been to eight different countries on four separate continents in the last three months... Oops.

I totally get it though. If we all stayed in our own countries (or even houses) we would effectively stop the spread of coronavirus in its tracks. However, as things stand that's an overreaction, as is reporting every single case of a new virus on all major news networks. It spreads fear and an unrealistic assessment of personal and public risk. By all means take the precautions that make you feel safe, but don't call others "extremely selfish and irresponsible" for doing something that is not in fact selfish or irresponsible.

Have a great holiday @ONeils4oyarder

PS: Yes, I know. Both me and him are definitely going to contract the virus now :(

Sorry for dragging the thread further off topic.....

How/why have you been to eight different countries, across four different continents, in the past three months?!

19 hours ago, dohadeer said:

That seems far-fetched in general, since it’s not 1962, but it was the sitting by the pool, drinking San Miguel, in February, in Scarborough, that pushed it over the edge into being completely unbelievable.

Anyway, regardless of whether you fall into this category or not, anyone who is travelling abroad at the moment is, as I said, totally selfish and irresponsible.

Are you for real? You can’t be that ignorant of the facts surely? 

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

Which facts?

The fact that the Foreign Office or the WHO have not advised people not to travel. 

They have advised people not to travel to certain areas but you have no idea where the guy is on holiday. 

The great, all knowing Dohadeer has decided that people shouldn’t travel anywhere though so people should follow your rules. Is that right? 

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The fact that the Foreign Office or the WHO have not advised people not to travel. 

They have advised people not to travel to certain areas but you have no idea where the guy is on holiday. 

The great, all knowing Dohadeer has decided that people shouldn’t travel anywhere though so people should follow your rules. Is that right? 

Calm down.

I’m not claiming to be ‘great’ or ‘all-knowing.’ Where did that come from?

I was just basing my thinking on the fact that sports events, music events, etc are being cancelled, to avoid spreading the virus, so clearly there is a fair level of risk. We don’t know which countries will be badly hit next, it’s too late once a country is badly hit by the virus to go, ‘I was there last week, I wish I hadn’t travelled there.’ I think a proactive approach of not traveling would be best in the mean time. 

The virus is moving its way round the world, because people are moving round the world. For me, the sensible thing would be to stay at home. Just an opinion though, I’m not claiming to be ‘all-knowing.’

Just now, dohadeer said:

Calm down.

I’m not claiming to be ‘great’ or ‘all-knowing.’ Where did that come from?

I was just basing my thinking on the fact that sports events, music events, etc are being cancelled, to avoid spreading the virus, so clearly there is a fair level of risk. We don’t know which countries will be badly hit next, it’s too late once a country is badly hit by the virus to go, ‘I was there last week, I wish I hadn’t travelled there.’ I think a proactive approach of not traveling would be best in the mean time. 

The virus is moving its way round the world, because people are moving round the world. For me, the sensible thing would be to stay at home. Just an opinion though, I’m not claiming to be ‘all-knowing.’

I am perfectly calm. 

You sanctimoniously called someone selfish and irresponsible for going on holiday without knowing where they were. 

Do you deliberately annoy people on here? If you do then you are a troll. 

If you don’t do it deliberately then I would suggest you look through your recent posts. Correcting people’s spelling and calling them selfish and irresponsible for going on holiday is ridiculous, man. Have a word with yourself. 

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I am perfectly calm. 

You sanctimoniously called someone selfish and irresponsible for going on holiday without knowing where they were. 

Do you deliberately annoy people on here? If you do then you are a troll. 

If you don’t do it deliberately then I would suggest you look through your recent posts. Correcting people’s spelling and calling them selfish and irresponsible for going on holiday is ridiculous, man. Have a word with yourself. 

Whose spelling did I correct?

No, I certainly don’t deliberately annoy people on here. Not my intention at all. I honestly believe that anyone traveling abroad for a holiday at the moment is selfish and irresponsible, putting their own desire for a holiday ahead of the health of thousands/millions/billions of other people. Just my opinion though, again I’m not an expert of the spread of viruses, but I’d certainly take the ‘better safe than sorry’ unselfish approach on that one.

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

No, I certainly don’t deliberately annoy people on here. Not my intention at all. I honestly believe that anyone traveling abroad for a holiday at the moment is selfish and irresponsible, putting their own desire for a holiday ahead of the health of thousands/millions/billions of other people. Just my opinion though, again I’m not an expert of the spread of viruses, but I’d certainly take the ‘better safe than sorry’ unselfish approach on that one.

You did correct my spelling when we were debating mcburnie tbf, not that I care but thats maybe what he's referring to. You do tend to rub folk up the wrong way but I wouldn't consider you a troll. 

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Some guy spelling McBurnie incorrectly.  Can’t you remember that? 

I’m sorry but your second paragraph shows that you have no clue about the situation. Should airlines just stop operating international flights?

You can take whichever approach you like but maybe let the rest of us choose ours?

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You did correct my spelling when we were debating mcburnie tbf, not that I care but thats maybe what he's referring to. You do tend to rub folk up the wrong way but I wouldn't consider you a troll. 

It wasn’t just you. Dohadeer will happily correct anyone’s spelling or grammar on here and wonder why it annoys people. 

20 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m sorry but your second paragraph shows that you have no clue about the situation. Should airlines just stop operating international flights?

You can take whichever approach you like but maybe let the rest of us choose ours?

To be honest, I’m very anti-flying anyway, for reasons to do with climate change, but I have no idea when the airlines should stop operating flights with regards to the current situation with coronavirus. I’d hope that people could take the safe decision themselves, without the government, or the airlines, or the NHS, or the WHO, or whichever body having to tell them.

27 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

26 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah, I think it’s pretty disrespectful to spell the names of any of our players incorrectly. That’s what these two corrections related to. If I was spelling a Scotland player’s name incorrectly, I’d want to be told as soon as possible, so that I could correct it. Pretty inexcusable to be unable to spell the name of a Scotland player!

Edited by dohadeer

19 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

To be honest, I’m very anti-flying anyway, for reasons to do with climate change, but I have no idea when the airlines should stop operating flights with regards to the current situation with coronavirus. I’d hope that people could take the safe decision themselves, without the government, or the airlines, or the NHS, or the WHO, or whichever body having to tell them.

So people that have forked out their hard earned cash a year or more ago for a family holiday to Florida should just not go because you don’t think they should? Even though the government says is perfectly fine to travel to Florida and travel insurance would not cover this?

Dearie me. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

So people that have forked out their hard earned cash a year or more ago for a family holiday to Florida should just not go because you don’t think they should? Even though the government says is perfectly fine to travel to Florida and travel insurance would not cover this?

Dearie me. 

In my opinion, yes.

I don’t agree on putting your own holiday needs ahead of the health of thousands/millions/billions of others, but that’s just my opinion.

Then again though, it’s easy for me to sit here and say that, because I wouldn’t be in that situation, as I don’t travel that far on holiday any more. Different opinions I guess.

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Can all this pish stop so this can be about Scottish players playing fitbaw again please. 

Yeah, sorry, I did think that this would end up being dragged way off track. Not sure people should have been discussing their holidays in this thread in the first place.

4 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Hanley starting again for Norwich tonight v Leicester . Must be doing something right in his manager's eyes 

Id start him against isreal along with cooper. Mckenna and gallagher wont get us to a finals