Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 131 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

24 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Cannae whack a few nights by the seaside

Assuming you’ve travelled abroad somewhere, and you’re not sat drinking San Miguel by the pool, in Scarborough, in February.......

How wholly selfish and irresponsible of you, given the current situation.

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It seems far fetched to go on holiday to Scarborough? 

That seems far-fetched in general, since it’s not 1962, but it was the sitting by the pool, drinking San Miguel, in February, in Scarborough, that pushed it over the edge into being completely unbelievable.

Anyway, regardless of whether you fall into this category or not, anyone who is travelling abroad at the moment is, as I said, totally selfish and irresponsible.

12 hours ago, dohadeer said:

That seems far-fetched in general, since it’s not 1962, but it was the sitting by the pool, drinking San Miguel, in February, in Scarborough, that pushed it over the edge into being completely unbelievable.

Anyway, regardless of whether you fall into this category or not, anyone who is travelling abroad at the moment is, as I said, totally selfish and irresponsible.

I thought you were a stats man? Give the poor lad some peace and let him enjoy his holiday.

Great to see McTominay back with a bang.

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

You thought I was a ‘stats man?’

What does that mean?

Sorry dude, might be mixing you up with someone else but I thought you had mentioned being trained in mathematics/statistics before?

Anyway, the statistical likelihood of contracting or spreading coronavirus at the moment, without heading to hotspot like Wuhan, is imperceptibly small. So you shouldn't make Scottish people feel bad about seeking some sun in February. 

That's not to say that in a few months or years that situation won't change, but we're not there yet.

But most importantly, McTominay is back in business and coronavirus free!

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Sorry dude, might be mixing you up with someone else but I thought you had mentioned being trained in mathematics/statistics before?

Anyway, the statistical likelihood of contracting or spreading coronavirus at the moment, without heading to hotspot like Wuhan, is imperceptibly small. So you shouldn't make Scottish people feel bad about seeking some sun in February. 

That's not to say that in a few months or years that situation won't change, but we're not there yet.

But most importantly, McTominay is back in business and coronavirus free!

I wouldn’t say that the chances of contracting the virus are ‘imperceptibly’ small. Agreed, you’d have to be very, very unlucky to be one of the people who caught it BUT it is rapidly spreading around the world, and that’s down to people travelling from place to place.

Anyone who puts their own desire for a holiday, or as you put it, some ‘February sun’ ahead of the wellbeing of the rest of the world’s people, is as I said previously, extremely selfish and irresponsible. And I’ll happily say that to anyone who decides To travel abroad at the moment.

28 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I wouldn’t say that the chances of contracting the virus are ‘imperceptibly’ small. Agreed, you’d have to be very, very unlucky to be one of the people who caught it BUT it is rapidly spreading around the world, and that’s down to people travelling from place to place.

Anyone who puts their own desire for a holiday, or as you put it, some ‘February sun’ ahead of the wellbeing of the rest of the world’s people, is as I said previously, extremely selfish and irresponsible. And I’ll happily say that to anyone who decides To travel abroad at the moment.

I've been to eight different countries on four separate continents in the last three months... Oops.

I totally get it though. If we all stayed in our own countries (or even houses) we would effectively stop the spread of coronavirus in its tracks. However, as things stand that's an overreaction, as is reporting every single case of a new virus on all major news networks. It spreads fear and an unrealistic assessment of personal and public risk. By all means take the precautions that make you feel safe, but don't call others "extremely selfish and irresponsible" for doing something that is not in fact selfish or irresponsible.

Have a great holiday @ONeils4oyarder

PS: Yes, I know. Both me and him are definitely going to contract the virus now :(

44 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Image result for DRAMA QUEEN MEME

18 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I've been to eight different countries on four separate continents in the last three months... Oops.

I totally get it though. If we all stayed in our own countries (or even houses) we would effectively stop the spread of coronavirus in its tracks. However, as things stand that's an overreaction, as is reporting every single case of a new virus on all major news networks. It spreads fear and an unrealistic assessment of personal and public risk. By all means take the precautions that make you feel safe, but don't call others "extremely selfish and irresponsible" for doing something that is not in fact selfish or irresponsible.

Have a great holiday @ONeils4oyarder

PS: Yes, I know. Both me and him are definitely going to contract the virus now :(

Just better hope you're not sitting next to me at Hampden at the end of March 😉