Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 128 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

48 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I've been keeping tabs on Rose, purely because when he signed a pre contract with Coventry, his manager at Ayr reckoned he'd go on to play for Scotland

I’ve not seen or heard much about him. Please tell me he’s not another left back!

21 hours ago, Paulus said:

Fleck very good (again) today. McBurnie worked hard but ineffective.

Believe your lot were in for Maupay or McBurnie before the season started. Here's some stats which might help explain why you are were you are in the league and not were Brighton are

Interceptions: Maupay 4 McBurnie 12
Tackles won: Maupay 7 McBurnie 16
Clearances: Maupay 6 McBurnie 29
Headed Clearances: Maupay 1 McBurnie 29
Aerial battles won: Maupay 18 McBurnie 130

Maupay has of course scored 8 goals which would have many on here starting him if he was Scottish.

Oh and Maupay has been on the pitch 6 hours longer than McBurnie this season. 50% longer if we added 50% to those stats it would look a bit silly

Some one on the Sheffield United forum said not bad stats if he was a defender

Think it's this sort of work ethic that get's teams better results than they should on paper based on the overall ability of their players. 

Lets not worry though Leigh Griffiths will score against Kilmarnock and every thing will be fine and dandy

29 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Believe your lot were in for Maupay or McBurnie before the season started. Here's some stats which might help explain why you are were you are in the league and not were Brighton are

Interceptions: Maupay 4 McBurnie 12
Tackles won: Maupay 7 McBurnie 16
Clearances: Maupay 6 McBurnie 29
Headed Clearances: Maupay 1 McBurnie 29
Aerial battles won: Maupay 18 McBurnie 130

Maupay has of course scored 8 goals which would have many on here starting him if he was Scottish.

Oh and Maupay has been on the pitch 6 hours longer than McBurnie this season. 50% longer if we added 50% to those stats it would look a bit silly

Some one on the Sheffield United forum said not bad stats if he was a defender

Think it's this sort of work ethic that get's teams better results than they should on paper based on the overall ability of their players. 

Lets not worry though Leigh Griffiths will score against Kilmarnock and every thing will be fine and dandy

Good post.

Both Griffiths and McBurnie better as a front pair...should we play both?!

4 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Good post.

Both Griffiths and McBurnie better as a front pair...should we play both?!

Hate the way I am heading towards three at the back but it helps us get rid of one of our weakest, if not weakest players in Palmer.

Mucks up what every one else is used to so I guess it's a non starter.

Really am beginning to give up on working out how to make use of the players we have.

Well McGregor and McTominey are going to be certs to start in four weeks. Question is whether you go for Fleck or Armstrong as the third CM. Both can chip in with goals although Fleck more the deep lying of the two.

Don't want to stoke the fires again but McBurnie is in good form for Sheffield United currently. Yes he's not scoring much (was pretty unlucky yesterday with a few scrambles) but he's dropping deep and linking the play well for the Blades.

11 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Griffiths with another goal, all going well he should be in the squad when it is announced and that will get him in front of the Scottish coaching staff to compare with our options to see who should start v Israel. 

At hampden id start both

we need to stop talking about Hanley coming back, did anyone see the wolves game, every goal the guy is sleeping and out of position. 

we have been down this road with him, lithuania at home, slovakia away, england away, 

We might as well just give isreal a 1-0 start if he plays

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Well McGregor and McTominey are going to be certs to start in four weeks. Question is whether you go for Fleck or Armstrong as the third CM. Both can chip in with goals although Fleck more the deep lying of the two.

Don't want to stoke the fires again but McBurnie is in good form for Sheffield United currently. Yes he's not scoring much (was pretty unlucky yesterday with a few scrambles) but he's dropping deep and linking the play well for the Blades.

Out of them all Fleck should start first.

He’s been one of the EPL’s best midfielders all the months McTominay hasn’t been playing at all. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

I take it that's 4-3-3 with an out of form Fraser and Palmer

35 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I take it that's 4-3-3 with an out of form Fraser and Palmer

Yes.

Can't see 3-5-2 being something Clarke will play simply due to Tierney is very unlikely to make it and always seems the formation is played just to fit him in.

It's a problem just getting two competant CBs out there. I think it will be 4-3-3.

Perhaps Armstrong will be pushed into the front 3 as more of an option to tuck in and make it a more narrow base when out of possesion while still providing a forward threat.

1 hour ago, jamboman said:

we need to stop talking about Hanley coming back, did anyone see the wolves game, every goal the guy is sleeping and out of position. 

we have been down this road with him, lithuania at home, slovakia away, england away, 

We might as well just give isreal a 1-0 start if he plays

McKenna isn’t much better just now. 

9 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Agree. 

Hanley has his limitations but he's played against two genuine quality strikers today.  

Watch the highlights of the Aberdeen game, McKenna can't deal with Billy McKay's movement. What would Diogo Jota and Raul Jimenez do to him?

Exactly. If you pick the centre defenders by the level they are playing at then it’ll have to be Cooper and Hanley. 

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

It’s not great at all I admit but I don’t see any other option. 

I'd just go with Gallagher and McKenna as played last two games together

They could be dubbed bombscare twins Mach II but at least they have played together and formed some semblance of a partnership

Can't keep tinkering about with the central defence with every game.

Just stick with Gallagher and McKenna for the moment. 

We should hopefully have a couple of friendlies later in the year to play one or two of - Hanley, Cooper, Porteous, Souttar, Lindsay, or Halkett.

Please no return for Mulgrew though !